2020 U.S. Presidential Election - It's never too early to start!

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Who is the best choice for President of the United States in 2020?

• Total voters

MrJokerRager

I like me some nice big boobs
kiwifarms.net
Florida will be always be a meme during 2020 as well as a Obama staffer admitting that the democrats were relying on demographics to win the state and Elizabeth Warren has shocked people by stating she never washes her face with water, further proving genetics matter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The man who helped lead President Barack Obama to victory in Florida in 2008 said he expects the next presidential election in the Sunshine State will look a lot like the 2016 race -- when President Donald Trump defeated Hillary Clinton by about 1 percentage point.

"If you just look at the last five statewide elections -- the last two presidential and the last three governors' races -- all decided by one point. So I've got a feeling that Florida in 2020 is going be the same," former senior adviser to President Obama, Steve Schale, told Fox Nation's Kristen Soltis Anderson on her new show, "What Are The Odds?"

In the 2016 presidential election, Trump bested Clinton by 1.2 percentage points in Florida. In 2012, the state went for Obama by a similar margin.

"Tell me what you think was responsible for Trump being able to flip Florida blue to red?" asked Soltis Anderson.

"What's interesting is that the Clinton election and the Obama election were about the same," said Schale. "What really happened were those swing voters that live in those counties around the I-4 corridor went really hard for Trump."

The region of central Florida, known as the I-4 corridor, stretches from the Tampa Bay area on the west coast through Orlando to Daytona Beach on the east coast.

"Obama had won some of those places in 2008 -- pretty competitive in 2012," added Schale.

He noted that many of the people moving to that part of Florida are from states that also went for Trump in 2016.

"Florida tends to be reflective of the places where people come from," he said. "And if you look at the communities where Trump did really well, a lot of those folks moved from places like Wisconsin and Ohio and Michigan and Pennsylvania and such. And so I think those same kind of places that are going to be competitive in the 2020 election are going to make Florida competitive as well."

Political pundits and commentators have long predicted that changing demographics in the I-4 corridor would decisively tip Florida's electorate in the direction of Democrats -- leading some to predict that a 'blue wave' was set to hit the state.

In the summer of 2018, roughly 200,000 Puerto Ricans fled their island for Florida after the Category 4 storm hit the U.S. territory last September -- and a large number of them settled in the I-4 corridor.

"The blue wave might finally be showing up in Florida," said NBC news anchor Chuck Todd on his MSNBC show in September 2018, in the run-up to the Midterm elections. "66 of the 67 are in - the blue wave continues to grow," said a CNN anchor during their election coverage in November 2018.

But largely, the so-called 'blue wave' never materialized in Florida in 2018.

"It felt like Florida... was a little more resistant to the blue wave than some other places. Do you agree with that assessment?" asked Soltis Anderson.

"Absolutely, I do," agreed Schale. "There's been so much money and so much effort spent in the state organizing around presidential elections the last few cycles. And I think the state has just become very stable."

"What's interesting is when you see trends that happened from a population standpoint that you think would benefit Democrats, things like Puerto Ricans moving into central Florida, the changing demographics in Dade [county], they get balanced out by other things. For example, Midwestern retirees moving into places like The Villages, so Florida kind of maintains a sort of equilibrium."

"Whether Trump does well or not in 2020 nationally," concluded Schale. "I feel pretty confident saying that if you put a bet on Florida that it's going to be inside two points -- you would be pretty safe to win that bet."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the lead-up to the 2020 presidential election, the top Democratic candidates are apparently facing increasing scrutiny over… well, their faces.

Cosmopolitan magazine, which is smack in the middle of its “Candidates Come to Cosmo” coverage, recently sat down with Senator Elizabeth Warren, 70, to discuss a variety of issues, including but not limited to: her plans to overhaul the health care system; her feelings on the current state of campaigning; inequality and sexual harassment in the workplace; President Trump’s foreign policy concerning Iran; and – since this was Cosmo – her skin care routine.

Warren wasn’t alone in divulging her skin care secrets, either. The magazine had also previously published similar interviews with Pete Buttigieg, Amy Klobuchar, Cory Booker, Bernie Sanders and former candidate Kamala Harris, grilling each about similar topics before ending with the same question: “What is your skin care routine?”

It’s Warren’s answer, however, that generated the most controversy.

“Pond’s moisturizer,” she told Cosmopolitan Editor-in-Chief Jessica Pels.

“Every morning, every night. And I never wash my face,” Warren added, soliciting a “wow” from Pels.

Warren further explained that she took her regimen from an older cousin named Tootsie, whom Warren described as having fantastic skin.

Experts who spoke to Huffington Post have since described Warren’s routine as being a little too lax, telling the outlet that not washing – at all – is not ideal.

“Throughout the day the skin accumulates dirt from the environment, oils your skin produces, sweat your skin produces, makeup if you have it on, unwanted debris in the environment ends up on your face throughout the day. Pollutants, bacteria, viruses, all of that. And then you have dead cells. If you don’t cleanse, you don’t remove that, the layer just remains,” said Rosemarie Ingleton, a board-certified dermatologist, to Huffington Post.

Following Warren’s admission, Twitter largely reacted in disbelief, though some claimed that her skin likely had more to do with genetics than anything else.

Those suggesting that genes play a role in Warren’s exceptional skin may not be far off, according to a study from Olay, conducted in conjunction with the Harvard Medical School and cited by such outlets as Elle, Today and Refinery 29.

The results indicated that some of the 3,500 female participants studied, those who were ranked as having younger-looking skin (than their age would suggest) were found to share a “common gene expression profile,” suggesting that the key to good skin is in the DNA.

The study noted, however, that good genes can only do so much for the skin without a normal hygiene routine, and especially the use of sunscreen.

Aside from Warren, each of the other candidates interviewed by Cosmo had their own, sometimes questionable habits when it came to skin care. Pete Buttigieg, for example, said he uses soap in the shower and sometimes aftershave; Amy Klobuchar said she constantly moisturizes; Corey Booker said he uses a special shaving powder to help prevent razor bumps; Kamala Harris told Cosmo she uses Cetaphil and moisturizer; and Bernie Sanders admitted to doing “not much” other than using “something” recommended to him by a doctor years ago.

"I put something on," he said during his Cosmo interview back in September. "I got something, the doctor gave me something years ago. I put it on. I'm not quite sure."

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
Looks like the "RRReeeeee" will be big if and when Bernie Sanders left the Democrat nomination race. The USA Today dares to question Bernie's health.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/01/10/bernie-sanders-heart-attack-should-concern-democrats-column/2848611001/ ( http://archive.ph/Zdwm6 )
Three months after suffering a heart attack, the Democrats’ oldest candidate for president, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, released a statement from his doctor declaring that “he has the mental and physical stamina to fully undertake the rigors of the presidency.”
By all accounts, this is the most important election of our lifetime. Poll after poll shows that for Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents, the priority is on selecting a nominee who has “the best chance of beating President Donald Trump.”
Given that, I am moved to ask this simple question: Do Democrats really believe that the best chance to defeat Trump lies with a 78-year-old who has already suffered a heart attack?
Right now, the answer may be yes. Sanders is at or near the top of this month's polls nationally and in early states such as Iowa and New Hampshire. Let me be clear, my concern has nothing to do with Sanders’ politics or policies, or whether he’s too left to win over voters in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. While those are legitimate grounds for discussion, it would be irresponsible and naive to ignore the issue of his health and what that can mean for the campaign, particularly if Sanders becomes the Democratic nominee.

Spiteful Crow

Emotional Support Demon
kiwifarms.net
Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren said she was "disappointed" to hear about a memo containing talking points reportedly given to volunteers for her Democratic rival Bernie Sanders that characterizes her as only attractive as a candidate among the elite.

I think old Bernard is jealous of Warren's successes as an advocate for consumers, as opposed to Bernie's successes at renaming post offices.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Kiwi Farms Lurker

Ashy the Angel

The Cultural Marxist under your bed
kiwifarms.net
I get a feeling that @Ashy the Angel will likely have to be on suicide watch if Bernie drops out of the primary, whether due to further health issues or the DNC actively fucking over him again.
If Bernie drops out I'll vote for whoever the Dem candidate is. Bernie's ideas don't die with him, many of them have already had an effect on the wider Democratic party. That's been his purpose from the start. 2024 can then be the year for younger candidates to take up where he left off.

I think old Bernard is jealous of Warren's successes as an advocate for consumers, as opposed to Bernie's successes at renaming post offices.
Welcome to politics? People aren't gonna just bend over for her like Clinton this time around. Warren has copped a lot of Bernie's ideas to try to appeal to progressives, so I think its fair play that Bernie hits back.

Speaking of Bernie v Warren, here's some more polls:

EOHlKqPWAAAdX0j.png

EOHlFJkXkAolFdI.png

Spiteful Crow

Emotional Support Demon
kiwifarms.net
If Bernie drops out I'll vote for whoever the Dem candidate is. Bernie's ideas don't die with him, many of them have already had an effect on the wider Democratic party. That's been his purpose from the start. 2024 can then be the year for younger candidates to take up where he left off.

Welcome to politics? People aren't gonna just bend over for her like Clinton this time around. Warren has copped a lot of Bernie's ideas to try to appeal to progressives, so I think its fair play that Bernie hits back.

Speaking of Bernie v Warren, here's some more polls:

View attachment 1095902

View attachment 1095904
Who cares about that worthless faggot? Bernie Sanders is a fucking moron and his slut niece is going to prison. It's time you admitted that you were conned by some lazy huckster.

heyitsmike

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
kiwifarms.net
2024 is gonna be lit AF when Bernie Sanders' successor loses in a landslide in November and then Jeremy Corbyn's successor loses in a landslide a few weeks later in December.

Maybe then the Justice Democrats and Momentum will finally learn no one is interested in your shitty policies.

Spiteful Crow

Emotional Support Demon
kiwifarms.net
Is there a bigger loser in the 2020 democratic field than Bernie Sanders?

Look at that anemic list of accomplishments. Reelected. Raised money. Failed presidential bid. Truly a leader that you can be proud of.

He's nearly 80 and this is it! :story:

Oh shit how could I forget
November 28, 2017 - Is nominated, along with actor Mark Ruffalo, for a Grammy in the Spoken Word category for their album, "Our Revolution: A Future to Believe In."

Ashy the Angel

The Cultural Marxist under your bed
kiwifarms.net
Look at that anemic list of accomplishments. Reelected. Raised money. Failed presidential bid. Truly a leader that you can be proud of.
When has previous political accomplishments ever been an indicator of electability or how well someone will fare as a president? I mean even Trump directly refutes that logic tbh. I'm not really proud of Bernie. I like his ideas and I would like to get universal healthcare. That's it. And if he gets the primary he beats Trump, simple as.

Who cares about that worthless faggot? Bernie Sanders is a fucking moron and his slut niece is going to prison. It's time you admitted that you were conned by some lazy huckster.
2024 is gonna be lit AF when Bernie Sanders' successor loses in a landslide in November and then Jeremy Corbyn's successor loses in a landslide a few weeks later in December.

Maybe then the Justice Democrats and Momentum will finally learn no one is interested in your shitty policies.
Holy shit, chill the fuck out. I know you're upset that haven't gotten the wall yet and Trump hasn't personally tossed every immigrant in the country into a meat grinder but there's no need for the vitriol. Does Bernie getting the nomination upset you that much?

Syaoran Li

How The West Was Fun!
kiwifarms.net
If you're convinced that there's going to be a leftist revolution, you are sadly mistaken.

You woke chuds spent the better part of a decade pissing all over the common American and the chickens are a comin' home to roost.

Such is the price of playing moral guardian and considering anyone slightly to the right of Lenin to be an irredeemably evil Nazi incel strawman that cannot be reasoned with.

A Trump victory in 2020 will likely cause the Democrats to shift rightward for a while like they did in 1992 after two terms of Reagan, especially if they experience major losses in Congress.

Warren is only slightly less unelectable than Bernie is, while The Squad is seen as a collective embarrassment for the Democratic Party. It won't be long until the Millennials are in their forties and fifties and end up being even more widely detested and demonized than the Boomers are now, and the Alpha Generation is at that same age that the Millennials were when the Religious Right was at its peak, so if there's going to be a harsh generational backlash against the Left, it's going to be from them.

The Core Zoomers and Late Zoomers are showing a lot of signs that they'll go in the centrist/moderate liberal direction that Generation X did. Even with a good chunk of the Early Zoomers falling for a lot of the woke bullshit and gender fad nonsense that their Late Millennial peers adopted, they're nowhere near as college-indoctrinated as the Millennials are (and the woke Zoomers tend to be college kids) and college is increasingly seen as a waste of time and money by the younger generations, outside of the STEM fields (which aren't politicized)

This video is good example of the situation that you and all your tranny commie friends will be in the coming decade....

Last edited:

heyitsmike

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
kiwifarms.net
I know you're upset that haven't gotten the wall yet
Actually I'm not upset because I know it's in progress.

Trump hasn't personally tossed every immigrant in the country into a meat grinder
Never expected that either. But he has made substantial progress in curbing the flow of illegal aliens, so I'm still pleased.

Does Bernie getting the nomination upset you that much?
No, it delights me that much. Sanders at the top of the ticket will make Labour's last election look good by comparison.

Spiteful Crow

Emotional Support Demon
kiwifarms.net
Holy shit, chill the fuck out. I know you're upset that haven't gotten the wall yet and Trump hasn't personally tossed every immigrant in the country into a meat grinder but there's no need for the vitriol. Does Bernie getting t
God you're so precious. So what are you getting out of sucking Bernie's cock so hard? Do you just enjoy being mocked by your intellectual superiors?

Syaoran Li

How The West Was Fun!
kiwifarms.net
@Ashy the Angel is apparently still in the "Denial" phase of grieving

Bernie is not getting the nomination, and even if he did, he's not going to win against Trump so easily.

Far-left Millennial chuds typically don't vote all that much. Those white Boomers you hate so much are the ones that do.

Online popularity with young people don't win elections. Just ask Ron Paul.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net

2024 will probably see a Democrat president. Americans get fatigued.

KiwiLedian

Hands up, don't U-Turn
kiwifarms.net
He'd have a better chance if he espoused policy talk that people outside young adults might like. Being for the Green New Deal and completely gutting how we deal with immigration (such as getting rid of ICE and the fucking CBP of all things but not the TSA of course) are things that millenials may attach to but the majority of Americans don't care about that kind of stuff. They care about things like job security and debt.

Federalizing maternity leave, mandated 2 weeks of paid leave for everyone regardless of position, more workers rights for those outside "unions" (which is his primary idea of workplace rights) would help convince people to be behind him more. To his credit, he does consider dealing with medical debt and making the USPS more useful than just a postal service but he's held back by the policies that people dislike. His policy on housing/homelessness reeks of "throw money at it and hope it works" and runs on the hope of nation-wide rent control not wrecking everything which it inevitably will.

MaoBigDong

Pamela Swain Gave Me Ass Cancer
kiwifarms.net
There’s no chance in hell that Bern’s getting that nomination. DNC shot themselves in the foot last election and they’ll do the same thing this election by picking the “fan-favorite” Biden. Biden unfortunately has mass appeal, is well heard of, and as of right now has the majority of black dem votes.

DNC loves to rig everything they do. If you want to see this in practice take a look back at how Bern was treated last election, and how Yang/Gabbard are getting treated this election. IMO Yang is much more economically reasonable and has more wide appeal (doesn’t bash the shit out of Trump supporters and right wingers) than Bernie, but I’m biased in that regard.

Tags
None