2020 U.S. Presidential Election - Trump vs. ?

Who is the best choice for President of the United States in 2020?

• Total voters

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
Wait is one of the arguments for Yangbux seriously that low income people will take the money and use it to start their own businesses instead of blowing it on booze?

Do people seriously not realize that almost no one actually wants to own their own business? It's hard and scary and most people really just don't want to do that much thinking.

Chaptersevenbankruptcy

if we kill the poor there will be no communists
kiwifarms.net
I'm a little perplexed that it's knives out for Sanders now. Last I checked, Biden is still the frontrunner, and there seemed to be a truce between Sanders and Warren. It doesn't seem to make a great deal of sense to break that truce now when Warren still needs to long-knife Biden.

This is why I'm against women in positions of leadership. They're petty and emotional backstabbers who will destroy longstanding agreements because of slights, real or imagined, or mere caprice. We need men, who are cerebral and strategic backstabbers who will destroy longstanding agreements because of perceived material gain.

I'm also, frankly, disappointed at the quality of infighting within the Democratic Party. The Hillary/Obama drama in 2008 was a lot spicier. It's like not-quite-three-years of Trump has beaten the spirit out of these people and they're just going through the motions. 2016 delivered real emotional anguish and existential crises, and I'm afraid that all these people are just too dead inside to ever give me that sort of entertainment again. Trump should declare himself dictator and force all the Democratic presidential nominees to fight to the death for his amusement, and the amusement of the country generally. This never-ending debate circuit with maybe some third and fourth stringers dropping out every month is fucking gay and boring.

MaoBigDong

Pamela Swain Gave Me Ass Cancer
kiwifarms.net
Wait is one of the arguments for Yangbux seriously that low income people will take the money and use it to start their own businesses instead of blowing it on booze?

Do people seriously not realize that almost no one actually wants to own their own business? It's hard and scary and most people really just don't want to do that much thinking.
I agree with you, actually, most people don’t have the aptitude or the drive to run their own business. Rate me optimistic but I still think a little extra dough in the hands of people who actually have the drive and brains, but don’t have the financial means to start a business is a good thing. I only went depth on the business aspect because I felt like that’s what we were arguing for, but this ultimately enables jobs that aren’t getting paid/are getting paid subsistence wages now such as being a stay at home mom or freelancing to actually exist. The gig economy is huge right now in America with the advent of ride sharing and out of house delivery. 1/3 of Americans jobs are gig right now, and it helps to subsidize if they want to actually take a day off or not. To be making money from the gig economy you have to be pulling huge numbers atm.

It all depends on if you have a more positive or negative outlook on how Americans would spend their money, I suppose you’re right in saying that there would be a few people that wouldn’t have the aptitude to spend it wisely, but those people are generally reaping what they sow and continuing to uphold the poverty cycle in America as it is. I guess I’m of the opinion that people can do whatever they want with their extra money and I don’t care about other people’s business because that’s their right. Same as people subsisting on welfare entirely right now, if they want to have a shitty life they can but I’m gonna try and put some positive energy back into my community, which I can’t do at the moment because I don’t have that expendable income.

Sure it’s selfish but I like money and I think most people do. No matter what I hope someone who actually understands how the economy works and how to best implement their policies gets into office because Bernie’s policy that every other front runner is leaching off of is going to kill us. It’s nice to dream about an economy that can pay for free college for spoiled kids and medicare for all but that’s not a reality in America. I’d rather just get a chunk of that money for myself and spend it how I want to.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

seriously I can swing doing solo work and the independent contractor type shit but hiring firing and all? yeah no fuck that shit up its stupid ass. I've already had to deal with "hey guy I'm buddies with do thing and I give you money" and it was a mild clusterfuck. There's a reason HR and accountants are able to get paid just to do that shit.

3119967d0c

a... brain - @StarkRavingMad
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've been skeptical about whether the sheer political ignorance of the average Ammurrican would be enough to carry Joe Biden through, but after seeing this great promotional video that his campaign chose to post, all bets are off. He's a really compelling candidate

HE KNOWS THE FOREIGN POLICY

He Who Points And Laughs

Flavortown Refugee
kiwifarms.net
I've been skeptical about whether the sheer political ignorance of the average Ammurrican would be enough to carry Joe Biden through
If it gets down to the wire and Biden is neck to neck with another, I will donate to his campaign because Biden's an "exceptional individual" and watching him try and debate Trump would be hilarious. Especially if he's all coked up from his son's supply like when he debated Paul Ryan.

Feline Supremacist

I am a Dog-Exclusionary Radical Felinist
kiwifarms.net

A popular Twitter that makes fun of his atrocious attempts to speak en español turns down the Bloomberg bux. Is this a sign he's wasting his time (and money)?

heyitsmike

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
kiwifarms.net
My biggest problem with Yang is his staunch anti-gun policies and I'm also a bit skeptical of UBI, especially on a national scale.

Other than his anti-2A stances, I actually think Yang is pretty decent and is my second favorite of the Democrats after Tulsi Gabbard. Honestly, Tulsi is the only Democrat in the 2020 race that I'd definitely vote for instead of Trump, although I wouldn't mind backing Yang if he were to scale back some of the gun control rhetoric.

However, the DNC and the Bernie crowd are both doing everything in their power to lock both of them out of the race, so I think we'll have to wait until 2024 before they can make a serious bid for the presidency. A second term of Trump will be the kick in the balls that the Democrats need and in 2024, everyone will be on an even playing field if Trump wins 2020.

Elections usually favor the incumbent, especially at the federal level. The last time we had a one-term president was Bush Sr., and he was basically a third term of Reagan in all but name. The last time we had a one-term president that wasn't just continuing the policies and doctrines of his predecessor was Jimmy Carter.
Tulsi is a mirage. I think most right wingers' appreciation of her was simply that she did not hate us or believe we are evil and that she doesn't hate the US.

But her ridiculous take that because we retaliated to the attack on the Iraqi embassy by taking out Soleimani, we are responsible for Iran shooting that plane out of the sky was instructive. So I no longer think she's just wrong on the issues, but she is crazy too like the rest of them.

Yang doesn't seem like a bad guy, but his UBI shtick is all he has going for him. And that policy is only as good as your confidence he can deliver it. We're the third largest country by population and the largest by economy. Why on earth would it be a good idea for us to be the test case? Let Switzerland try it for a few years and I might start to consider it. But until then, no thanks.

But considering who is the best Democrat is all academic anyway. None are getting my vote for the very simple reason that I do not want any of them appointing judges to the bench. Four years of activists judges getting seated is not something I can tolerate.

It's HK-47

Meatbag's Bounty of Bodies
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tulsi is a mirage. I think most right wingers' appreciation of her was simply that she did not hate us or believe we are evil and that she doesn't hate the US.

But her ridiculous take that because we retaliated to the attack on the Iraqi embassy by taking out Soleimani, we are responsible for Iran shooting that plane out of the sky was instructive. So I no longer think she's just wrong on the issues, but she is crazy too like the rest of them.

Yang doesn't seem like a bad guy, but his UBI shtick is all he has going for him. And that policy is only as good as your confidence he can deliver it. We're the third largest country by population and the largest by economy. Why on earth would it be a good idea for us to be the test case? Let Switzerland try it for a few years and I might start to consider it. But until then, no thanks.

But considering who is the best Democrat is all academic anyway. None are getting my vote for the very simple reason that I do not want any of them appointing judges to the bench. Four years of activists judges getting seated is not something I can tolerate.
If Tulsi was fuck-ugly literally no one would have even cared about her.

He Who Points And Laughs

Flavortown Refugee
kiwifarms.net
If Tulsi was fuck-ugly literally no one would have even cared about her.
I agree to a point, but Tulsi had appeal from being a war veteran and having the audacity of not wanting to go to war against Assad while he was fighting ISIS. She also treats all Americans with a level of respect that the other dems could learn from.

MrJokerRager

I like me some nice big boobs
kiwifarms.net
Trump's real tests now that could make him or break is not impeachment, its the 2nd amendment and the overseas interventions. Its a good sign if its true that he called out the generals for their bullshit. If he manages to end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan with complete withdrawals and find a way to make amends with the right wing base that is heavily pro 2A, it will greatly help his case. His luck factor is maxed out so now its time to see how he handles both issues.

It's HK-47

Meatbag's Bounty of Bodies
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So are we all ready to admit Bernie's getting the nomination yet?
Should Bernie get the nomination? Who knows, maybe. Will the DNC pull out every fucking stop they can find to try and keep him away from the podium? Yes. I don't think it was ever a question of whether or not he can 'earn' his way into that seat, more that it's a question of whether or not the DNC is going to allow it, and with the Senate trial starting in four days, he's going to be yanked off the campaign trail to sit as a witness to the trial.

That's going to hurt his campaign, and the campaign of everyone else who isn't, what.. Joe Biden?

Last edited:

Chaptersevenbankruptcy

if we kill the poor there will be no communists
kiwifarms.net
I'm actually goddamn curious to see what happens next. @Ghostse has been very vocal that the fix was in for Biden since day 1. I think on the surface this is a sensible call.

After all, the 2016 Democratic primary was rigged. Hell, the former chair of the DNC has come out and said it was rigged. And, sure, the Democrats changed their arcane, impenetrable and obviously unfair system... for one that is differently arcane, impenetrable and unfair. But anyone who isn't a fucking idiot can tell that, fundamentally, it's the party is the same nest of snakes it's always been. In four years they certainly haven't become any more honest.

So, nobody is doubting motive. But what about means, and what about opportunity?

The DNC has been, as I understand it, essentially broke since 2016 because Hillary Clinton stole all their money when her apparatchiks took control of the organization.

As I understand it, she didn't do this because she's a wicked person who always comes up with schemes to defraud the people around her, she did this because she's a wicked person who isn't even smart enough to come up with her own schemes to defraud people around her and copied the idea from Obama.

In the time since all of that happened, all we've heard about from the DNC is how broke they are and how much turnover and turmoil they've had just keeping butts in seats.

The only reason I question whether the fix is in for Biden is that I seriously suspect the DNC may be so broke and broken that they don't actually have the clout to fix the primaries anymore.

But we shall see!

MrJokerRager

I like me some nice big boobs
kiwifarms.net
How do you still not know how the Democratic party works yet? Even if Bernie was able to win this fair and square, he still would lose.
The coastal states may not like Bernie but a giant majority of democrats hate Trump more. The rust belt can go one way or the other if it's Trump vs Bernie in the end. Plus independent vote will be a big factor and I don't think CNN and MSNBC will openly endorse Trump over Bernie.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: spiritofamermaid
Tags
None