23 dead, 1 police officer killed in Nova Scotia night ambush using RCMP vehicle, wearing uniform - Deadliest mass shooting in Canadian history, deadliest rural mass shooting in modern history

Arm Pit Cream

5%er, Jupiterian Philosopher, Anglophobe, CSIS
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Twenty-two people are now confirmed dead after the shooting rampage that began Saturday in Portapique, N.S., and ended Sunday almost 100 kilometres away in Enfield.

RCMP gave the new death toll, which excludes the shooter, Tuesday night in a news release. The known victims include an elementary school teacher, two health-care workers, a family of three with a 17-year-old girl and an RCMP officer.

It's not clear if police still expect the number of victims to rise.
Screenshot_20200419-101945_Chrome.jpg

They also confirmed the locations across the province where they've found victims — Portapique, Wentworth, Debert, Shubenacadie and Enfield.

"The investigative team is focused on learning more about this very tragic situation, including accurate victim information and whether others may have aided the suspect," police said.

Sixteen crime scenes
As police investigators compile evidence from the 16 crime scenes scattered around those towns, the piles of flowers and mournful notes at memorials across Nova Scotia are growing.

1587304240875.jpg

On Tuesday, police maintained a blockade at the top of Portapique Beach Road, where police were called to respond to a possible shooting and multiple structure fires around 11:30 p.m. Saturday. They found "several" casualties at that time. But their pursuit of the gunman continued until almost noon the next day.

Coun. Tom Taggart, who represents the area for the Municipality of Colchester, described Portapique as a quiet community with many seniors.

"It's a beautiful, quiet, rural community," said Taggart, adding that the situation is not something he'd expect to happen in "cottage country."
Gabrielle Sullivan-Sparks drove in from Great Village, a town 10 kilometres east, bringing a potted hydrangea and a solar-powered lamp to make sure the memorial would "have some light all the time, at night."

Sullivan-Sparks said the events of the weekend were unimaginable, especially in the rural stretch of Nova Scotia where she lives. People might get into "the odd scrap," but they usually make up over a shared drink, in the end.

The rampage ended when police shot the gunman, Gabriel Wortman, 51, who later died.

His death has been referred to the Serious Incident Response Team, Nova Scotia's police watchdog, for investigation. SIRT is investigating one other incident related to the shooting, but police will not provide details about the second investigation.

Shooter was wearing an authentic RCMP uniform
The gunman was driving a replica RCMP vehicle for part of his rampage. He was also wearing an RCMP uniform, which police said was authentic, although they have not revealed how he acquired the clothing.

Police said some victims were recovered in the remains of some of those fires.

Beyond the police roadblock on Portapique Beach Rd. were three of the sites where homes once stood. Parked around the crime scene Tuesday were military and RCMP vehicles and an excavator. People in blue and white forensic suits moved about.

Further along the path of the rampage, near Debert, N.S., two spots along the highway also had growing memorials. One for each Kristen Beaton and Heather O'Brien, both nurses, killed by the gunman.

At Debert Elementary School, home-crafted hearts dot a chain-link fence in memory of Lisa McCully, who taught there.
Sullivan-Sparks said the grief being felt across the province was made all the more difficult by COVID-19. Public health orders to maintain physical distancing made her contribution to the roadside memorial feel even more important, she said.

Dr. Robert Strang, Nova Scotia's chief medical officer of health, said public gatherings cannot happen right now because they could contribute to further spread of COVID-19, which has killed 10 people in the province.

"COVID-19 is not going to pause because of our pain," Strang said Monday.

Strang and Premier Stephen McNeil have asked the public to connect virtually as they grieve the victims of the shooting. They have also denied national and international media outlets that want to send reporters to cover the shooting, and have requested exceptions to the order for travellers to self-isolate for 14 days.

No emergency alert
For the past two days, McNeil has been pressed about why the province did not issue an emergency alert Saturday night or Sunday morning while the shooter moved about the province. On Monday, at the COVID-19 news briefing, McNeil said the province would have only done so if RCMP had asked, and provided the necessary details to include in the alert.
------------------------
Must have taken months to get an exact replica of a RCMP car and uniform. Now, what's the next step of his master plan?

Last edited:

Judge Holden

TRVE BVCK BREAKER
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Witnesses say that the suspect, believed to be quebec born Samael Cacher was heard to shout "SUCK MY BE-LEAFED DICK FUCKLECHUCKS! before opening fire, and afterwards stopped to affix large black truck-nuts to his stolen RCMP car. A picture taken from a local restaurant's security camera in the moments before the massacre has been released to the public
158730666689526782.png

Last edited:

LiveFromNS

JIMI
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am in NS as some of you know. There is an alert saying he may be headed into Halifax. Highway 102 is closed. I read a couple of tweets earlier this AM about some active gunman deal, but then started doing stuff and just had my other half call me saying 11 shot or something. I am going to check my sources here and see what I can find out.

LiveFromNS

JIMI
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Shooter is apparently in custody. Heard reports of cars set on fire and possibly houses. Still checking to find out what the body count is.

nsshoot - Copy.png

This link is a video of the cars on fire:
https://twitter.com/matt__fraser/status/1251883606521372674

EDIT:
There might be a fair body count on this one. Here is an exchange from some who were given info but not fully divulging specifics.
nsshoot - Copy2.png

He may have owned a few (5?) different properties, including an address that comes back to a dentist office in Dartmouth. Apparently the RCMP vehicle may have been purchased at an auction.

Hard to say if this will end up being some kind of double-digit deal or what, but does sound like multiple may be dead from what I am seeing here and there.

Last edited:

Arm Pit Cream

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Looks like he was a dentist according to this article, this comment was made two hours ago
1587305698152.png

Shooter is apparently in custody. Heard reports of cars set on fire and possibly houses. Still checking to find out what the body count is.

View attachment 1241158

This link is a video of the cars on fire:
https://twitter.com/matt__fraser/status/1251883606521372674

EDIT:
There might be a fair body count on this one. Here is an exchange from some who were given info but not fully divulging specifics.
View attachment 1241202
He may have owned a few (5?) different properties, including an address that comes back to a dentist office in Dartmouth. Apparently the RCMP vehicle may have been purchased at an auction.

Hard to say if this will end up being some kind of double-digit deal or what, but does sound like multiple may be dead from what I am seeing here and there.
Confirmed
2eca07e1ae6e49d4e536f03da8dbc096.png

LiveFromNS

JIMI
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One more. I forgot we kind of have a magazine here in Nova Scotia that is much like KF, digging up the dirt on those in public eye and politics. Anyway, they posted this to their twitter in addition to other background info about him apparently. I havent had a chance to review their tweets yet, but could this be a reason for him going postal?
nsshoot - Copy5.png

LiveFromNS

JIMI
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
From a local resident on Twitter. Unverified, as were the above Reddit comments I posted, but NS is a fairly small population size place, and rural communities are fairly tight-knit. So, take with a grain of salt but don't be surprised if this is what perhaps went down:
nsshoot - Copy7.png

muh_moobs

Lord of mspaint shitposts
kiwifarms.net
RCMP need to review what an "active shooter" is. A dude wasting his family and committing a violent car jacking is NOT an active shooter. Active shooters start wasting randos and don't stop until confronted/out of rounds.

Good way to rile up the masses and get them to give up more of their rights, though.

Arm Pit Cream

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One more. I forgot we kind of have a magazine here in Nova Scotia that is much like KF, digging up the dirt on those in public eye and politics. Anyway, they posted this to their twitter in addition to other background info about him apparently. I havent had a chance to review their tweets yet, but could this be a reason for him going postal?
View attachment 1241235

Here's the article http://archive.md/QpKxo

First footage, looks very messy