$25 Rift Simulator - Simulate Diablo Immortal's loot boxes without spending a cent

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
$550 for my first five star gem. They cancelled a Diablo 3 expansion for this horseshit?

Edit: Tried the other button, got my second five star gem at exactly $2,000 (four stars don't fare any better, only got two of them).

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Took 6000 for the first one, "only" 3000 for the second. Wasn't the point that you need to play 5 minute dungeon per roll so it "technically" won't be gambling?

Raiken

Making Nanomachines great again
kiwifarms.net
Does the game even display the odds of getting one?
I Know a gatcha game that States the rarest shit is at 0,5% for a single unit, but god damn not even 0,07% in this simulation for a gem is disgusting.

Vault Boy

kiwifarms.net
Maybe I got unlucky, but it took me $12,000 to get four five star gems, with each one getting more expensive than the last (the first "only" cost $550). If I didn't know any better, I'd bet there was a hidden mechanism that kept lowering the odds of getting these gems to get you to pay even more money.

Guys, I'm a little worried about Blizzard finding ways to monetize Diablo 4 after this scam...

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
Maybe I got unlucky, but it took me $12,000 to get four five star gems, with each one getting more expensive than the last (the first "only" cost $550). If I didn't know any better, I'd bet there was a hidden mechanism that kept lowering the odds of getting these gems to get you to pay even more money.

Guys, I'm a little worried about Blizzard finding ways to monetize Diablo 4 after this scam...
If you think for a second that they won't try this in Diablo 4 too, I have some bridges for sale.

Blizzard will 100% try scummy shit like this, only to walk it back after they eat a load of shit (and earn millions of dollars) so they can pretend like they're the good guys. Two steps backwards, half a step forward.

Smug Chuckler

lul
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Are these rates accurate? I'm 2000$ in and haven't seen anything better than 3/5 star gems.

Edit: Oh shit, there's a button that just keeps rolling until you get 5/5. Holy fuck, 10000$?

This guy got it right after playing the beta, sadly all those streamers didn't listen.

1656030308348.png

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
Does the game even display the odds of getting one?
I Know a gatcha game that States the rarest shit is at 0,5% for a single unit, but god damn not even 0,07% in this simulation for a gem is disgusting.
iirc in japan they legally have to since it falls under gambling (since companies couldn't be trusted).
no idea about china but apparently they're also pretty strict about it

TurkishOreo

The taste of the legendary cream and cacao
kiwifarms.net
iirc in japan they legally have to since it falls under gambling (since companies couldn't be trusted).
In CN you have to disclose the odds and if you ever decide to reprint a gacha that was known to be limited you can be sued for reprinting it.

Vault Boy

kiwifarms.net
Were you not around for Diablo 3's launch and shitty monetization? Expect worse.
Nope, I'll be going into it in its better state sometime this Summer. The Diablo 4 gameplay trailer intrigued me, but seeing the shit they're pulling with Immortal has made me wary about what sort of "funny plans" they'll have with 4 (for now they're talking about cosmetics, but I think we all know how much "plans change").

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
And here's why Diablo Immortal is so insidious; it's technically not gambling or gacha pulls. It's the reward for completing a section of gameplay. Current laws don't mandate that random quest reward odds be published. Blizzard just added an extra step between everything, and suddenly it's legal. Hope that this pisses off anti-gambling lawmakers, and Blizzard eats shit.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
And here's why Diablo Immortal is so insidious; it's technically not gambling or gacha pulls. It's the reward for completing a section of gameplay. Current laws don't mandate that random quest reward odds be published. Blizzard just added an extra step between everything, and suddenly it's legal. Hope that this pisses off anti-gambling lawmakers, and Blizzard eats shit.
wouldn't be surprised, the reason it's that regulated in japan is because gatcha companies tried to pull all kinds of shit in the past. and that's just japan. trying to go "NU-UH YOUR LAW DOESN'T APPLY" is probably the easiest way to get vanned in china.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
That one extra step wouldn't work if anyone actually challenges it at court. It's like allowing gambling using the same loophole Pachinko parlours use.

Thiletonomics

슬퍼하지 마십시오. 이것은 때때로 작동하는 방식입니다!
kiwifarms.net
That one extra step wouldn't work if anyone actually challenges it at court. It's like allowing gambling using the same loophole Pachinko parlours use.

Valve has gotten away with their lootbox loophole method, by making the boxes themselves obtainable by playing the game, but requiring that you buy a key to open them. So unless someone actually goes hard on Blizzard, they could keep getting away with it.

Zeke Von Genbu

Behold my Blade PANDORIA
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For anyone that's actually played this shit show enough to know how this system works. Because the lootboxes from what I understand need actual gameplay to open them up, how long does this gameplay take per 10 gems? Because it just hit me that if it not only took me thousands of dollars to get my 5* gem, but it also took me say an hour of gameplay, I'd be even more pissed then if the typical gacha just made me swipe for a handful of minutes tor roll a thousand+ times.

Thiletonomics

슬퍼하지 마십시오. 이것은 때때로 작동하는 방식입니다!
kiwifarms.net
For anyone that's actually played this shit show enough to know how this system works. Because the lootboxes from what I understand need actual gameplay to open them up, how long does this gameplay take per 10 gems? Because it just hit me that if it not only took me thousands of dollars to get my 5* gem, but it also took me say an hour of gameplay, I'd be even more pissed then if the typical gacha just made me swipe for a handful of minutes tor roll a thousand+ times.
Elder Rifts take ~5 minutes or so to clear, and they scale with your gear, so you can go in to one without wearing any gear, and clear it at almost at the same speed, as if you had all of your gear on.