259 LGBTQ characters in cartoons that bust the myth that kids can't handle inclusion - "We're not gonna brainwash your kids", they said 10 years ago.

Vyse Inglebard

Is it over already?!
kiwifarms.net

Notable highlights:
THEY TURRRRNED OUR SMILE INTO A FROWN.JPG

"The show's over Eugene."
Wendy - huh.JPG

Wendy's bi?! Since when?!
OF FUCKING COURSE.JPG

>literally everyone from Nu She-Ra
>imaginemyshock.jpg
WHAT.JPG

>A NICK JR CARTOON REFERENCING RUPAUL
tumblr_mbwup3iK5k1rt9nhao1_500.gif

wow who could've seen that coming.JPG

>literally everyone from SU
>mbisonofcourse.avi
WOT.JPG

A VILLAIN.JPG

>MY LITTLE FUCKING PONY
>ONE OF WHOM IS A FUCKING VILLAIN

I dunno whether to laugh or cry at this list....... *sigh*

Oats12345

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Surprisingly (or not), it actually goes back around to my initial statement. It’s not so much criticism, rather, it’s people engaging in internet culture and misinterpreting fiction left and right and making demands that it bend to their agenda, because cartoons are all they watch and want to look woke for it, and he’s not afraid to call them out.

I don’t think he has a hate boner for her, he’s just fed up with some people demanding the character be something she’s not intended to be. Chloe is a textbook “mean girl” (think Bonnie from Kim Possible, for example). She talks down to anyone who’s not on her family’s level of wealth/social status, and there was once an incident where she stereotyped Marinette. As with any antagonistic character, there are going to be apologists (or stans, as the kids say), who think that this character can do no wrong and deserves to be “redeemed,” even when there’s nothing in canon that points towards that making sense, at least not at the moment. Because this is the internet in the 2020s, people’s way of expressing their personal qualms with fiction is to spam the person in charge. While the best thing would be to not acknowledge the trolls at all, we’ve seen that almost nobody working in animation can stay off of social media. Some of his statements don’t always land well, but I don’t think he’s got bad intentions. It’s more a matter of neither side being able to stop talking. But I do give him props for at least trying to point out fandom stupidity.

That aside, my main point is that the show itself just comes off as a good time and doesn’t try to over complicate things. It’s just a magical girl/superhero story, with interesting lore and likeable characters, and it doesn’t try to be more than what it is, or to pander towards older viewers or the “woke“ crowd, despite having good representation in a lot of areas, so it’s definitely a breath of fresh air that only a couple of other recent animated series have pulled off. And, as mentioned in my initial statement, boy does it get flack for being chill. It’s not going to be everyone’s cup of tea, but for anyone it genuinely appeals to, it’s pretty damn good.

Notable highlights:
View attachment 2251199
"The show's over Eugene."
View attachment 2251200
Wendy's bi?! Since when?!
View attachment 2251206
>literally everyone from Nu She-Ra
>imaginemyshock.jpg
View attachment 2251221
>A NICK JR CARTOON REFERENCING RUPAUL
View attachment 2251322
View attachment 2251289
>literally everyone from SU
>mbisonofcourse.avi
View attachment 2251304
View attachment 2251315
>MY LITTLE FUCKING PONY
>ONE OF WHOM IS A FUCKING VILLAIN

I dunno whether to laugh or cry at this list....... *sigh*
None of these characters were either showing or stated to be bi or gay. Are they legit making stuff up now?

Gensou Hadou

I won't lose even to the rain!
kiwifarms.net

Vyse Inglebard

Is it over already?!
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2251370
In the time since you posted this article, their pretentious database added a one-sentence entry on why they think this character has this sexuality. No links sourced, of course. I had to find the confirmation myself.

Sunset here was confirmed by Katrina Hadley, who worked on some of the Equestria Girls movies featuring Sunset, the first of which came out in 2013:
View attachment 2251377

I bet at least half of them are Rowling retcons much like this.

Wendy, for example:
View attachment 2251360
Ahhhhh, now it makes sense. It basically boils down to "PAY ATTENTION TO US, PAY ATTENTION TO US, WE'RE WOKE, WE'RE GOOD, GIVE US ATTENTION!"

Why can't cartoons just be cartoons anymore? (:_(

LullerDerbyRollin

I have no mouth and I have only more to scream
kiwifarms.net
Ahhhhh, now it makes sense. It basically boils down to "PAY ATTENTION TO US, PAY ATTENTION TO US, WE'RE WOKE, WE'RE GOOD, GIVE US ATTENTION!"

Why can't cartoons just be cartoons anymore? (:_(
Your post is ultimately the biggest reasons I'm pissed off these days with the Left. There can be nothing safe, except we're a species that psychologically need coping mechanisms and escapism to handle life. This just robs us of something one could argue is essential.

Chilson

kiwifarms.net
Most of these characters sexuality was never shown, mentioned or mattered in their respective shows. Having it "confirmed" years later during the age of woke on twitter and tumblr by pandering hasbin writers desperate to appease their corporate overlords to the chagrin of people with actual taste who liked the shows.

Those whose sexuality was shown, mentioned or mattered in the show were either dumpster fires nobody watched or only attracted 20-30 year old shippers and fag humpers. So children were not the primary audience.

Tardar the Barbarian

Pirate sites are your friend.
kiwifarms.net
The image of a millennial teenage girl that obsesses over her Twitter and Instagram, who dyes her boycut hair every day depending on her mood and insists to be referred to her preferred pronouns of "AUTISTIC SPERG" and thinks any of her followers are her friends comes to mind.

I don't really think this will catch on, and I'm saying that because this feels like it's only online fags and stans care.

Gensou Hadou

I won't lose even to the rain!
kiwifarms.net
If it's more recent, it'll be in the show. Anything older, and it'll have been retconned on social media.

And because I have way too much time on my hands, I did some more digging:

1623375733985.png

This entire family of space aliens has an "Unknown" gender and orientation, as confirmed on social media.

1623375371898.png

Jazz Jennings' character is present and accounted for.

1623375578367.png

The whatchamacallit who sings about accepting yourself in Victor and Valentino is not.

1623375861196.png

This character is referred to as male on the show. Their "confirmation" is actual stereotyping.

1623375475188.png

Gay because of... Companion Material??

I've noticed that a lot of these are the gay couple, usually but not always lesbian moms, that only appears in one episode:
1623374680601.png

1623374756491.png

1623375160365.png

1623374820727.png

1623375304865.png

1623374874978.png

(Lauren Faust was responsible for the Cruzes! Shocker!)
1623374935203.png

1623375427519.png

And everyone's favorite:
1623375100482.png

Madam Nekromantik

Spooked count: 7
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They also missed Mr. Simmons from Hey Arnold who was gay (one episode shows him with his boyfriend, and it was kind of obvious given his mannerisms).
Yup, I remember they referred to his boyfriend as his "friend" not unheard of in the 90s. You'd think he'd be on the list for being a positive remodel for kids, being a nice guy that always helped his students and cared about them, but I guess because it wasn't in your face about his relationship (that's the way it was in the 90s) he doesn't count. God forbid they have a gay character that's more then just his sexuality in a show.