[26-Jan-2020] DSP Conflates Kobe Bryant's Death and Losing Save Files -

MarineTrainedTard

You got the COVID! Coronavirus, big time!
kiwifarms.net
Yeah IDGAF about Kobe Bryant one way or the other but the correct response would've been "That sucks and I feel for his friends and family" and not to make it all about you.

If you fuck that up, then the next best thing is to apologize not chimp out and deny it ever happened. But Phil is all about making the worst possible choice in every situation.

Shield Breaker

^_^
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People posting in this thread outside the DSP community don't actually see why this just adds to the stack of lolcow that DSP is.

A household name dies. The entire nation in shock. DSP makes it first about himself, and then adds on that the death was as bad as losing some video game data. He has compared John Lennon being killed to copyright strikes against him so it isnt a first, it's just ridiculous how he compares it.

Now you can return to your circle jerk about how you dislike Kobe Bryant because he is black. Real high value there 👌

This bitch signed up today to white knight Phil. It has nothing to do with posters outside of this sub.

Icasaracht

You're all fags and I am your lighter.
kiwifarms.net
Chans and Chads, could we at least concur on the fact that the very old helicopter’s devastation was a tragic event worthy of a commemoration?

Oh chopper, spinner of our fleeting souls and the elated cherub of our earth’s mundanity. May you rest in an array of magnificent pieces beside a prospering punch of flowers, to guide their seeds for the eons of the morrow. So that they oxygenate our planet, and inspire us to build new choppers in thy image to fly sky-high without sorrow.

Amen.

Cyber Bowling

kiwifarms.net
IIRC, Phil got his own thread that one time he insulted one of his paypigs dead brother, that WarDogLeader dude. At the very least, it warranted several pages of discussion and was brought up multiple times as an example of Phil being an asshole. And that's largely what we're documenting here. We're not outraged that Phil compared someone dying to losing a save file, we're correctly noting that it's a stupid thing to say as, and I use this term incredibly loosely, a public figure. Same deal with Phil saying he wanted to slap that 10 year old girl on the VR chat thing. It wasn't document because we were outraged about some innocent girl, but it was just another moment of Phil stupidity. Or even going further back, Phil jerking off. That was super well documented and arguably one of his most defining moments as a cow. Not because people think masturbation is wrong or whatever, because it is ridiculously stupid to do and then subsequently try to cover up by banning anyone who brings it up.

I think it's pretty clear that the average poster here is perfectly fine making fun of issues that would largely be considered "immoral" otherwise, it would be impossible to discuss any of Phil's major followers.

One of Phil's biggest traits as a cow is his selfishness and turning everything about him. This is just another example of that. There's the obvious comparison of comparing loss of life to loss of a save file, but also Phil trying to one up the sad people in his chat/trying to shift their sympathy onto him for all the hardships, which I remind you is losing a save file, he's forced to endure. I got a good laugh seeing the initial post about it, and while I certainly don't see this thread lasting more than a few days, I think it was worth creating a separate post for, since otherwise it would clutter up the main discussion.

Cyber Bowling

kiwifarms.net
Yeah IDGAF about Kobe Bryant one way or the other but the correct response would've been "That sucks and I feel for his friends and family" and not to make it all about you.

If you fuck that up, then the next best thing is to apologize not chimp out and deny it ever happened. But Phil is all about making the worst possible choice in every situation.

This. All he had to do was not link the two events together. He could have said it sucks or feels bad, or simply not address it at all. He could then later say "I lost my saves, this sucks" or something along those lines and it wouldn't have been a big deal. Honestly, even if he said he didn't personally have any investment it would have been better. It's the fact that he made the two things seem comparable that made it a big deal, because it showed that he didn't actually care as much as he tried to imply. To him, the loss of life he was claiming to be hurt by is the same as losing a save file, with the added implication that his audience should feel the same level of sympathy towards him because he had those two bad things happen to him.

Another classic cow example that springs to mine is MovieBlob comparing the console wars to the Vietnam War (or some other equally catastrophic war) Or any of the ratking posts where a troon tries to compare living under Trump as being just the same/worse than living in Nazi Germany.

It's one of those common tropes you see in sitcoms/comedies, where someone does the "woe is me" style thing in response to something bad happening. It works in those situations because it is being played for laughs and often involves fictitious things, not real people dying.

Freshtodeath

Kwhality Khantent
kiwifarms.net
Phil only apologizes if his manager gets on his ass. Then he will wrote a fake tweet about how sorry he is. That is literally only time. And DSP is such a moron that it is so easy to see when he's feigning an emotion.

Lady Crysania

kiwifarms.net
IIRC, Phil got his own thread that one time he insulted one of his paypigs dead brother, that WarDogLeader dude. At the very least, it warranted several pages of discussion and was brought up multiple times as an example of Phil being an asshole. And that's largely what we're documenting here. We're not outraged that Phil compared someone dying to losing a save file, we're correctly noting that it's a stupid thing to say as, and I use this term incredibly loosely, a public figure. Same deal with Phil saying he wanted to slap that 10 year old girl on the VR chat thing. It wasn't document because we were outraged about some innocent girl, but it was just another moment of Phil stupidity. Or even going further back, Phil jerking off. That was super well documented and arguably one of his most defining moments as a cow. Not because people think masturbation is wrong or whatever, because it is ridiculously stupid to do and then subsequently try to cover up by banning anyone who brings it up.

I think it's pretty clear that the average poster here is perfectly fine making fun of issues that would largely be considered "immoral" otherwise, it would be impossible to discuss any of Phil's major followers.

One of Phil's biggest traits as a cow is his selfishness and turning everything about him. This is just another example of that. There's the obvious comparison of comparing loss of life to loss of a save file, but also Phil trying to one up the sad people in his chat/trying to shift their sympathy onto him for all the hardships, which I remind you is losing a save file, he's forced to endure. I got a good laugh seeing the initial post about it, and while I certainly don't see this thread lasting more than a few days, I think it was worth creating a separate post for, since otherwise it would clutter up the main discussion.

What a well thought-out, reasonable response. I'm not even sure that you're autistic. So I'll just call you a nigger instead.

(edit: If I seriously got fucking threadbanned for essentially saying someone had a point, go fuck yourself janny)

It's a decent illustration of what a dumb, self-absorbed, shut-in/ social recluse Phil is.

A normal person might say, 'Geez, it sucks that my save file got messed up somehow, but compared to the news we got today about Kobe Bryant's passing from a helicopter accident it doesn't even seem important. Normally I would get really upset but the news about Kobe kind of puts it in perspective that we shouldn't sweat the small stuff and be thankful for the time we have.'

With Phil you get shit like, 'Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash today. Now let ME talk about MY history with and knowledge of helicopters. . .Helicopters are cool, but they are dangerous and helicopter crashes are always fatal to some extent. I was smart enough to turn down a helicopter ride when I got offered one. Nothing happened to that particular helicopter flight, I'm just a huge pussy. Oh, look! The game fucked up my save file. It wasn't my fault for not saving, it was the game's fault. Great, what else is going to happen to ME today? Kobe Bryant dies, my save file fucked up. I CAN'T take anything else, only good things are allowed to happen to ME for the rest of the day, okaAAY? [Snake laugh] Whaddya mean I'm being insensitive?‽ Suck a fucking turd right out of my ASS!!!! ACK ACK ACK'

Like, who makes a list like this:
Bad Things That Happened to MEE Today
  • My wife's son Jasper kept waking me up
  • Got scared there was a gargoyle in the bathroom, but it was just my hangover-face in the mirror
  • My game didn't save and I have to replay 40 minutes of it while loudly proclaiming how much it sucks over and over
  • Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash
  • I had to call my stream viewers assholes and instruct them to eat my diarrhea
  • My wife made mashed potatoes AGAIN!!!
  • . . .

Phil Burnell The King of Suffering, that's who.

'Geez, it sucks that my save file got messed up somehow, but compared to the news we got today about Kobe Bryant's passing from a helicopter accident it doesn't even seem important. Normally I would get really upset but the news about Kobe kind of puts it in perspective that we shouldn't sweat the small stuff and be thankful for the time we have.'

Ah, yes, exactly what a normal person would say. That's not an autistic robot-sounding quote at all. Are you seriously mad that Phil didn't pander enough?

Last edited:

Toilet Man

Once Upon a Time in... a Dumpster
kiwifarms.net

He's incapable of digging himself out of holes (he dug for himself) unless it involves begging for money from his paypigs and "trolls."

Nigel of Ukip

Leader of the Exceptional Illuminati
kiwifarms.net
All he had to do was not link the two events together.

He did the same with Etika.
Claimed he was so hurt by mean trolls, and those evil memes. Even implying suicidal thoughts. Yet next stream he will mention Brandy getting blacked, Wendy's chilly, look here listen and meme on Wings of Redemption.
He always does this shit. He will take any tragedy and use it to throw a pity party for himself and try to make a quick buck.

Prince Lotor

I'm not an eldritch horror! I'm a human being!
kiwifarms.net
It's a decent illustration of what a dumb, self-absorbed, shut-in/ social recluse Phil is.

A normal person might say, 'Geez, it sucks that my save file got messed up somehow, but compared to the news we got today about Kobe Bryant's passing from a helicopter accident it doesn't even seem important. Normally I would get really upset but the news about Kobe kind of puts it in perspective that we shouldn't sweat the small stuff and be thankful for the time we have.'

With Phil you get shit like, 'Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash today. Now let ME talk about MY history with and knowledge of helicopters. . .Helicopters are cool, but they are dangerous and helicopter crashes are always fatal to some extent. I was smart enough to turn down a helicopter ride when I got offered one. Nothing happened to that particular helicopter flight, I'm just a huge pussy. Oh, look! The game fucked up my save file. It wasn't my fault for not saving, it was the game's fault. Great, what else is going to happen to ME today? Kobe Bryant dies, my save file fucked up. I CAN'T take anything else, only good things are allowed to happen to ME for the rest of the day, okaAAY? [Snake laugh] Whaddya mean I'm being insensitive?!? Suck a fucking turd right out of my ASS!!!! ACK ACK ACK'

Like, who makes a list like this:
Bad Things That Happened to MEE Today
  • My wife's son Jasper kept waking me up
  • Got scared there was a gargoyle in the bathroom, but it was just my hangover-face in the mirror
  • My game didn't save and I have to replay 40 minutes of it while loudly proclaiming how much it sucks over and over
  • Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash
  • I had to call my stream viewers assholes and instruct them to eat my diarrhea
  • My wife made mashed potatoes AGAIN!!!
  • . . .

Phil Burnell The King of Suffering, that's who.

TheKatIsNowGone

Praise the Sun!
kiwifarms.net
Maybe they should wait and make threads when they actually, I don't know, DO SOMETHING EXCEPTIONAL!

This desperate attempt to misconstrue his words to make him sound more exceptional than he is, is completely unnecessary. Just wait 5 more fucking minutes Phil will do something that actually is stupid. Besides, I don't care if Phil DID purposefully disrespect Kobe Bryant. I thought we were supposed to be laughing at him, not acting like a bunch of offended teenaged girls.

You know maybe if you actually focused on just the autistic Customer Service Helicopter employment rant, instead of outright lying and saying "DSP Compares Kobe Bryant's Death to Losing Save Files" Then maybe it would be worth a single footnote post in a much larger thread.
If you don't get how what DSP said was exceptional then you might be exceptional yourself champ.

James Smith

True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
This is why singular people shouldn't have their own Sub-Forums. You get shit like this where people constantly make threads about the most inane non-issue things in desperate efforts to get fake internet points.
> someone makes thread
> general discussion has less of the conversation that pisses you off
> you're still madposting here

Mr.PiggyOinkOinkOink

kiwifarms.net
That was really strange, dude made an account just to white knight dark about this.

People said every time he posted it wasn’t about some dumb celebrity or Kobe specifically, here’s another easy example of how this same topic gets made.

Dude in chat: I’m devastated I just found out my (insert family member here) died in a car accident ):
Dave: that sucks, my game didn’t save! We’re both having a rough day I guess!

It’s all about his inability to not insert himself into the current topic. It’s a lack of empathy when it’s about a death, and in general it’s just his massive ego, it’s the same reason why he gets mad when his chat talks about anything besides him or the game at length.

Also saw this fun response to Davidson on twitter and it gave me a good laugh

Attachments

• 5A4BEE6D-C076-40E1-8BE8-52CE1186187C.jpeg
    5A4BEE6D-C076-40E1-8BE8-52CE1186187C.jpeg
    357.9 KB · Views: 180

Nigel of Ukip

Leader of the Exceptional Illuminati
kiwifarms.net
That was really strange, dude made an account just to white knight dark about this.

Phil's mods and some super wheelchairs said they want to start running gay ops on detractors. Clearly there is no way I can prove it's them, but it seems really on the nose.
The turbo cuck Heaving himself said he wanted to come on R̶e̶d̶d̶i̶t̶ Kiwi Farms and start shit.
So these day one accounts and white knights could be his cucks.

Tags
None