[26-Jan-2020] DSP Conflates Kobe Bryant's Death and Losing Save Files -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

MoonRocker

kiwifarms.net
Leave it to Phil to say something exceptional about someone’s passing so he can relate it to his own life-changing gamesave troubles to bring out the usual cadre of exceptional individuals: the latter who are yelling at others because a black celebrity dying is apparently a non-event.

Phil is like his own autistic planet with an orbit and gravitational pull, grabbing everything in its path depending on the severity of one’s sperginess.

TheKatIsNowGone

Praise the Sun!
kiwifarms.net
So like I said I'm pretty sure that DSP's little save issue was something to do with cloud saves syncing. Decided to do a little cursory search and see what I could find.

This confirms Xbox One uses cloud saves for OG Xbox titles.
This is someone complaining about having lost saves and thinking it's linked to the cloud syncing.

Not saying it's 100% certain, but it looks like that was indeed the issue. Still DSP may have actually done nothing wrong in this case (until he opened his mouth that is).

He literally didn't compare the two things, he just said the two things happened on the same day and if you think otherwise you're mentally exceptional. You're allowed to be upset about multiple things at once. Bad thread full of bad posts.
If you can't understand how through what he said DSP was trying to make it about himself and how he was having a bad day then, like I said to Lady Crysania who is now lurking the thread even though they've been banned (LOL), you might be exceptional.

Maybe you don't follow DSP or speak English as a first language, but to anyone who does it's clear as day what he was doing in those clips. Most people here aren't even talking about him "comparing" the two, most people here are talking about how DSP turned it into being about him.

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He literally didn't compare the two things, he just said the two things happened on the same day and if you think otherwise you're mentally exceptional. You're allowed to be upset about multiple things at once. Bad thread full of bad posts.

He lists Bryant dying, his save fucking up, and then says "What else could happen? I hope nothing else." It's like saying "My family was gunned down in a robbery today, and I also overcooked my penne. Man, I hope nothing else goes wrong!" There's an implicit equating going on there. If you want to make the argument that it's not a big deal or that it doesn't warrant its own thread, by all means, that's a disagreement I think could be had, but this fits into a larger pattern of Phil taking actual tragedies and making them about himself (that dude from the FGC, Etika's suicide, Wardogleader's brother, and so on).

TheKatIsNowGone

Praise the Sun!
kiwifarms.net

He lists Bryant dying, his save fucking up, and then says "What else could happen? I hope nothing else." It's like saying "My family was gunned down in a robbery today, and I also overcooked my penne. Man, I hope nothing else goes wrong!" There's an implicit equating going on there. If you want to make the argument that it's not a big deal or that it doesn't warrant its own thread, by all means, that's a disagreement I think could be had, but this fits into a larger pattern of Phil taking actual tragedies and making them about himself (that dude from the FGC, Etika's suicide, Wardogleader's brother, and so on).
I also like this clip from Mrhuth Stuff's great video:
He says: "Number one we get news Kobe Bryant passed away and now this, it's like double-fucking-whammy what's going on here?"

Is it directly comparing them? Nope, not literally. But that turn of phrase isn't not comparing them if you know what I mean.

Also it's way better this has it's own thread than not. It's an absolutely minor occurrence that doesn't need to be shitting up the main thread. Though I get a feeling the bitching is less "this doesn't deserve it's own thread" and more "I don't see the problem and my brain is massive so you all must be wrong".

TheKatIsNowGone

Praise the Sun!
kiwifarms.net
I'm in the "this doesn't deserve its own thread" camp, but I'm one of those annoying edgelords that hates despises celebrity culture and autistically does not understand why people care about them to these levels. This is really low in the hierarchy of stupid shit Phil Burnell has said in his miserable existence.
Fair enough, Phil does say stupid shit all the time. The only people I don't agree with are the people who can't see this is a stupid statement, but it's absolutely not the worst thing Phil has said, and I do not give two shits about Kobe Bryant (though his daughter being in the helicopter too is fucked).

Just remember that DSP was sucking Kobe's dick and pretending like it was a tragic loss. If DSP were brave enough to just say "FUCK KOBE BRYANT I LOST MY GAME SAVE" I might respect that in a weird way. It would certainly be the funniest thing DSP has ever said.

Schmeckel

Praise 'til you're hollow
kiwifarms.net
Little late to the show, but holy shit.

On the surface, I really couldn't care less about Kobe Bryant as anything other than some shit sipper that played for the Lakers. He put the ball through a hoop, and did it a bunch of times, good for him.

I can recognize what he did for nibba ball, and what he meant for the game as a whole. It's really unfortunate that he died, it's even more unfortunate that his daughter was with him (wife losing a hubby and a kiddo.... Fucking rough, man).

To turn something like this into a pity me and give me cheerssubsandtips party is disgusting. You lost some time in a game? A save file didn't work? Suck it up, buttercup.

DarkSoulsPhil

kiwifarms.net

This is the correct answer. It requires you to listen to what he says and apply your knowledge of DSP to the situation.

The day 1 account spergs clearly dont have the knowledge.

• Agree
Reactions: kebab4you

Cyber Bowling

kiwifarms.net
Fair enough, Phil does say stupid shit all the time. The only people I don't agree with are the people who can't see this is a stupid statement, but it's absolutely not the worst thing Phil has said, and I do not give two shits about Kobe Bryant (though his daughter being in the helicopter too is fucked).

Just remember that DSP was sucking Kobe's dick and pretending like it was a tragic loss. If DSP were brave enough to just say "FUCK KOBE BRYANT I LOST MY GAME SAVE" I might respect that in a weird way. It would certainly be the funniest thing DSP has ever said.
I figured it wasn't it being a stupid statement as much as a manipulative statement that made it as noteworthy as it has become. Phil says dumb shit all the time. Most of it gets forgotten, while some of the gems keep getting quoted as jokes. It's the fact that he was trying to pander to his audience and act like he cared about Kobe/was sad about it, only to reveal how little he actually cared by making it about him and how much he was actually suffering. In hindsight, it not only shows his manipulative side, but also how poor of a liar he is, because let's be real, Phil didn't care about Kobe. I don't think it is a stretch to say he honestly cared more about the lost save file. If he just said something vague like "it sucks that it happened," and then moved on, he'd be fine. He's done that before when bad things happen. It stands out even more when you consider how much Phil likes to boast about being the most honest/real content creator.

It actually mirrors something Phil said a few days ago when he was rambling about his finances. He mentioned that his aunt dying hurt him. Not because he cared about losing a family member, but because her dying off meant he had nobody to rent his condo out to. Phil wanted people to feel bad for him, not the person who died. I'd wager it was the same thing with Kobe. He only mentioned being sad about it because he wanted sympathy from his paypigs, because in his mind, they should be sad for him, not sad for Kobe or his family.

It isn't exactly a new revelation that Phil is selfish and only cares about himself, but I think the exchange really captures that narcissistic/manipulative side of Phil, especially when you consider how recent it was. There's certainly an argument for the comment about his aunt being worse since it was a direct family member, but I feel like that statement lost a lot of its edge due to how much time had passed since his aunt actually died. If Kobe had died years ago and Phil just randomly brought it up today and said something like "I was sad because I remembered Kobe, and to make things worse, I also lost my save game" it would still be tone deaf as hell and certainly get mocked by us, but it'd be easier to write off.

tzgnilki

kiwifarms.net
I figured it wasn't it being a stupid statement as much as a manipulative statement that made it as noteworthy as it has become. Phil says dumb shit all the time. Most of it gets forgotten, while some of the gems keep getting quoted as jokes. It's the fact that he was trying to pander to his audience and act like he cared about Kobe/was sad about it, only to reveal how little he actually cared by making it about him and how much he was actually suffering. In hindsight, it not only shows his manipulative side, but also how poor of a liar he is, because let's be real, Phil didn't care about Kobe. I don't think it is a stretch to say he honestly cared more about the lost save file. If he just said something vague like "it sucks that it happened," and then moved on, he'd be fine. He's done that before when bad things happen. It stands out even more when you consider how much Phil likes to boast about being the most honest/real content creator.

It actually mirrors something Phil said a few days ago when he was rambling about his finances. He mentioned that his aunt dying hurt him. Not because he cared about losing a family member, but because her dying off meant he had nobody to rent his condo out to. Phil wanted people to feel bad for him, not the person who died. I'd wager it was the same thing with Kobe. He only mentioned being sad about it because he wanted sympathy from his paypigs, because in his mind, they should be sad for him, not sad for Kobe or his family.

It isn't exactly a new revelation that Phil is selfish and only cares about himself, but I think the exchange really captures that narcissistic/manipulative side of Phil, especially when you consider how recent it was. There's certainly an argument for the comment about his aunt being worse since it was a direct family member, but I feel like that statement lost a lot of its edge due to how much time had passed since his aunt actually died. If Kobe had died years ago and Phil just randomly brought it up today and said something like "I was sad because I remembered Kobe, and to make things worse, I also lost my save game" it would still be tone deaf as hell and certainly get mocked by us, but it'd be easier to write off.
I wonder why he didn't do this with the rock's father passing away, I can only chalk it down to the amount of views he would get if he said something stupid about kobe vs the rock's father

Toilet Man

You're dumber than you think I think you are
kiwifarms.net
He literally called Kobe dying and his save file fucking up a "double whammy" and I'm not sure why anybody is pretending otherwise. You don't have to care about Kobe's death and you don't even have to be a DSP tractor to acknowledge what happened.

tzgnilki

kiwifarms.net
"forget all the scandals, kobe bryant is an upstanding gentleman, so is bill cosby, ACK ACK"

"I wonder if kobe bryant knows he's named after a delicious type of beef"

god I love pigpiggo

Wurstbrot

This was my depression
kiwifarms.net
Quite astounding how some people miss the main task of this subforum: Collect data, document occurrences, laugh at subject.
Everytime Phil does anything remotely stupid, like this one, Phil single-handedly finds a way to make himself look even worse or reveal something which makes him look even dumber than originally anticipated.
We need those threads or else everything interesting goes down in an overcrowded bladibla thread. So please don't stop those threads. Put the food on the plate, see what it does. We individuals are not the one to decide if a topic has worth, Phil's reaction which never fails us is the ultimate deciding factor.

I'm just shocked Phil hasn't advanced one bit and keeps on being the sociopath he always was. It doesn't matter which tragedy he picked up, his comparison to a mundane non-issue while keeping on his dead serious narrative of how he did nahthing wrahng and everyone can eat his feces (or whatever disgusting insult he used) is the real fucked up part. Not a "Just badly joking" or "Sorry", his brain melted every backlash of his day together and formed without a second thought this nonsensical comparison and kept on digging the hole. This astounds me and makes it newsworthy, the fantastllionth prove of his disgusting nature.

Let's see how he will dig even deeper tomorrow.

We Are The Witches

kiwifarms.net
I watched the video in the OP's, there's nothing wrong with the pre stream section, if you think otherwise, you're reaching.

Then he says how it's a bad day because of the death and his save files. Could this be seen as insensitive? Yes.
Did he say that that Kobe's death was more horrible than losing the save files seconds after? Yes.

The implication of him equating both comes from your bias. This is not realistic, but I believe if he had to choose that morning between someone having a lethal accident or losing his game save files, he would have chosen losing his save files.

Tags
None