[26-Jan-2020] DSP Conflates Kobe Bryant's Death and Losing Save Files -

Rubea Meretrix

kiwifarms.net
I just want to shitpost about Dave and have fun, man, and not have to deal with any stupid other shitposter drama.
:stress:
That was technically, DSP drama.

The autism vortex touched that poor soul and he didn't recover.

You know about Warhammer 40k? To travel through the Warp, you need shields. This poor lad ventured into the Philverse without Exceptionalism Shielding.

James Smith

True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I don't think anyone has claimed DSP said losing his save file was equivalent or worse.

He said first one bad thing happened to him (that didn't actually happen to him, that he didn't care about) and then another bad thing happened to him (that was laughably small).

This mini event was no different than him mocking WardogLeader for suggesting he can cook and clean even though his brother died because in DSP's mind that suffering is lesser than him having a bad breakup with a woman. DSP does compare bad things that happen to other people to bad things that happen to his life, all the time. It's just usually minor stuff like "Oh I had a bad day at work Phil," "I'm sorry Kat, so did I!"

KingjadVCMP

kiwifarms.net
The issue, as far as I interpret it (as others have too), is that Phil felt compelled to immediately make what is a tragic death into about him. I refuse to believe he's so much of a cunt that he believes his save file issue is more serious but his need to have his chat focus on his problems before anyone else's has led to his extremely poorly worded comments.

He lacks tact and social awareness of being empathetic to others, due to being a selfish hermit.

People die every day. Some deaths affect you more than others. I personally am not affected as I am not really a fan of basketball but of course I know the name, aware of the skill he had and the millions he inspired. I assume genuine basketball fans are hurting a lot more. Phil cannot contemplate that though as it would mean putting himself in the shoes of others.

Very Honest Content

(Formerly a) Niggo(?)
kiwifarms.net
Here's an idea, Kiwis that use Reddit and/or Twitter.

Take the clip of Phil talking about Kobe Bryant dying, and saying it's as bad as his shit tier save going poof and post it on:
r/LivestreamFail
r/NBA
r/KobeBryant24
@NBA
@kobebryant
@theycallmedsp
#NBA
#Kobe
#KobeRIP
#Twitch

Here's a pic you can use.
View attachment 1116960

And here is a clip. Not sure who originally got it, but if it's yours please hit me up so I can give credit where it's due.
View attachment 1116965

Hold him responsible for the stupid shit he says.

Edit:
See you in a month boys. :story:
View attachment 1117366

Phrasing, that's what we're discussing ITT. "It would be a shame if" yadda yadda yadda, is a different post formation than, "Hey there, get to posting X, Y, Z in A, B, C."

Also Kobe fans are generally ineffectual, it's a major reason why Steve Nash has a few NBA MVP awards from Bryant's late prime years after all.

He literally didn't compare the two things, he just said the two things happened on the same day and if you think otherwise you're mentally exceptional. You're allowed to be upset about multiple things at once. Bad thread full of bad posts.

Making some person dying in a helicopter crash all about Phil is pretty cringe inducing no matter how many times they paid off Katelyn Faber for raping her in a hotel in 2003, agree.

Dedicated thread for this video is fine but I don't agree with its premise that Phil made the two events equivocal through his statement at all, I need another shower as a result of agreeing with DSP now, thanks.

Shambler

kiwifarms.net
Phrasing, that's what we're discussing ITT. "It would be a shame if" yadda yadda yadda, is a different post formation than, "Hey there, get to posting X, Y, Z in A, B, C."

Also Kobe fans are generally ineffectual, it's a major reason why Steve Nash has a few NBA MVP awards from Bryant's late prime years after all.

Making some person dying in a helicopter crash all about Phil is pretty cringe inducing no matter how many times they paid off Katelyn Faber for raping her in a hotel in 2003, agree.

Dedicated thread for this video is fine but I don't agree with its premise that Phil made the two events equivocal through his statement at all, I need another shower as a result of agreeing with DSP now, thanks.
the op does need to be reworded, he didn't compare he made them out to be equivalent in severity
"first kobe bryant dies then my game doesn't save"

An Avenging Bird

Lean in snorted
kiwifarms.net
As many people are crying today over Kobe and his daughter passing, that's about how many people will be laughing when DSP finally dies.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Draza

Nigel of Ukip

Leader of the Exceptional Illuminati
kiwifarms.net

I do get that, but to quote Phil, it's semantics.
Getting a 1 month ban from general posting for it is kind of dumb.
More so because my "trolling plan" is still visible to everyone, and is even highlighted. Amazing mod work, should apply to mod for Phil.

Last edited:

Toilet Man

Once Upon a Time in... a Dumpster
kiwifarms.net
Did he say that that Kobe's death was more horrible than losing the save files seconds after? Yes.

After someone said he was being insensitive wasn't it? He deserves no credit for walking it back if he only did so after someone shit on him in the chat.

the op does need to be reworded, he didn't compare he made them out to be equivalent in severity
"first kobe bryant dies then my game doesn't save"

"First Kobe Bryant passes away and now this, it's a double fucking whammy."

Equivalency by implication. Even if it wasn't nefarious on his part and probably more to do with the fact that his life is so small in every way possible that he has no real issues or troubles with which to empathize, he still did it 100%.

Last edited:

Toilet Man

Once Upon a Time in... a Dumpster
kiwifarms.net
It seems like as he's explaining what happened (in some attempt to debunk the message) he realizes that his version of events sounds just as bad ("it's like horrible thing after horrible thing") so he doubles down and lashes out.

Very Honest Content

(Formerly a) Niggo(?)
kiwifarms.net
I do get that, but to quote Phil, it's semantics....Amazing mod work, should apply to mod for Phil.

Usually they warning tag the offending posts as a sign not to encourage others to fall into the same footsteps. While it's true it's a semantic thing at the end of the day, one toes the line and the other steps over it forcing a response, see you again around leap day in the main thread. Ban Derich, you know, for the kids, when you get that mod badge in pigroach stream...

Conflate is the word.

Yes, he did conflate them both as things that were upsetting to discover having occurred. This I agree with, I just don't see why one needs to feign offense at the conflation, although I get why one would to post in the subforum, for effect.

Shambler

kiwifarms.net
Yes, he did conflate them both as things that were upsetting to discover having occurred. This I agree with, I just don't see why one needs to feign offense at the conflation, although I get why one would to post in the subforum, for effect.
i don't think everyone is feigning offense at it mostly just pointing out piggies inability to take an L to save face or even just say "that was wrong to say" he is obstinate to the very end

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I thought Phil didn't care about following sportsball

Haunter

True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Usually they warning tag the offending posts as a sign not to encourage others to fall into the same footsteps.

I actually forgot we used to do that. A long ways back, the original DSP Subforum Supervisor, neger psykolog, called a vote to decide whether dum posts should be deleted or not. It was decided by the Subforum they should remain. Those warning tags were neger's alternative (though I have seen it, perhaps once, used elsewhere).

A Moderator higher up in the hierarchy than "Supervisor" gave Nigel the temp ban. Because neger's warning tags were basically a characteristic of this Subforum, and not across the site, it wouldn't have been known by this Moderator to use it (and in this instance, the "Moderator Action" was towards the user, and not the post).

Very Honest Content

(Formerly a) Niggo(?)
kiwifarms.net
I actually forgot we used to do that. A long ways back, the original DSP Subforum Supervisor, neger psykolog, called a vote to decide whether dum posts should be deleted or not. It was decided by the Subforum they should remain. Those warning tags were neger's alternative (though I have seen it, perhaps once, used elsewhere).

I know Russ Greer gets them thrown up every 1000 pages or so when yet another new somebody can't leave the rodent faced sex pest to his own devices and just has to :epik: him. Both he and Phil are essentially self tard cuming cows, for all intents and purposes though, and need little but free time to generate content to laugh at however.

i don't think everyone is feigning offense at it mostly just pointing out piggies inability to take an L to save face or even just say "that was wrong to say" he is obstinate to the very end

No, I agree with you, not everyone, I don't think that either. It's more a spectrum of response and at the one extreme is feigned indignity for effect. (At the other end of the spectrum of response would probably be the 'lol suck it detractors DSP and his gout outlived a Lakers icon too and you're next' types.) However I also don't think the conflation was 'wrong to say' either, not smart to say sure, but not inappropriate outright. 'Chopper crash that kills nine,' and 'save corruption issue pops up in your game,' can both be bad things to the same person simultaneously without hand wringing by others over either of the two statements. In the middle is your observations about most of the comments, leaning towards the one extreme but not pissing and moaning just to A-Log DSP.

Tags
None