[26-Mar-2020] Philip's 341 Creditor Meeting - When what should be 5 minutes becomes an eternity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
streamlabs can handle credit card processing, so it lets people tip without a paypal account. if they have his bank statements they probably see the streamlabs payments.
If they even asked about Streamlabs they already knew he was lying when he denied it has anything to do with his income. They don't even care about his answers. They already know the answers. They want to see what he says under oath and, specifically, whether he will just straight up lie under oath about material facts.

Once they know that they have nothing else to ask. They just go forward with whatever motions they have planned, now bolstered with factually founded allegations that he has acted with a lack of candor and that the facts are not as he claimed.

The correct term is 'tax minimization' which is legal. The legal methods to minimise your tax liabilities
I said what I meant to say and "tax avoidance" is entirely legal.

Tax evasion is not legal
That's what I said. I said it was a crime. Crimes are generally illegal.

Schmeckel

Praise 'til you're hollow
kiwifarms.net
Crimes are generally illegal.
WHAT? I didn't do that. Bugged legality, dood.

Overall, is there any big take-aways from this meeting? He said some stuff, sounded like he dodged a missile with some stuff with his bankruptcy attorney slash bankruptcy guy/girl chiming in and trying to deflect on some answers (when pressed to itemize his business expenses, both went hard in the paint about "WE ALREADY EXPLAINED IT!" but there's no breakdown of just how they came to that 5k figure....), and him clearly being advised to give as concise of answers as possible....this meeting seems like it just opened the door for so many other inquiries to what he filed and what the truth actually is. On a scale of 1-10, how bad of a showing was this for Phil?

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Claims to make $5k a month give or take. That is $60,000 a year. A 30 second look at any tax return in last the last 5 years kind of throws a monkey wrench into that lie now doesn't it?
His own income filing shows that to be wrong. He had ~$55,000 just for July to December 2019. I'm going to listen through the whole thing later tonight (probably) and maybe update the OP with timestamped stuff, cause I find it hard to believe he tried to just pretend he doesn't get $4000-$6000 a month in tips.

How the fuck did the trustee know about the devices? Was it lasted somewhere in a more recent document filed that I didn't see, that includes the 3k business expenses instead of 5k? Or did she just dig deep.
One or more people must have contacted her. I know I listed some of his devices (the consoles, mainly), but she seems to have listed off his microphone and shit, which I certainly didn't include.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

Overall, is there any big take-aways from this meeting? He said some stuff, sounded like he dodged a missile with some stuff with his bankruptcy attorney slash bankruptcy guy/girl chiming in and trying to deflect on some answers (when pressed to itemize his business expenses, both went hard in the paint about "WE ALREADY EXPLAINED IT!" but there's no breakdown of just how they came to that 5k figure....), and him clearly being advised to give as concise of answers as possible....this meeting seems like it just opened the door for so many other inquiries to what he filed and what the truth actually is. On a scale of 1-10, how bad of a showing was this for Phil?
That doesn't really help them because all the creditors need do is just point out that $5,000 figure is obviously bullshit, is completely unsupported except by Phil's own naked allegations, offer their own version of facts as extrapolated from what's in the record, say the real expenses are something else, and demand whatever they're demanding accordingly.

Phil's own testimony, if he's deposed or called to testify in detail, is likely to be given little weight in that he's already established he's a perjurer at this point.

FlappyBat

soap, ballot, jury, ammo
kiwifarms.net
That doesn't avoid taxes. He still owes taxes on things of value he receives. It might mean they don't get automatically reported by PayPal and don't generate a 1099 or whatever.

If he doesn't pay taxes on that it's not tax avoidance, it's tax evasion. The first is legal, the second is a crime.
If he's playing the gifted games on stream, wouldn't that be a legitimate business expense?

draculapenis

Two legendary Pokemon go 'round the outside
kiwifarms.net
...cause I find it hard to believe he tried to just pretend he doesn't get $4000-$6000 a month in tips.
He didn't say he doesn't get $4-6k/mo in tips, he just tried really, really hard to avoid saying that he does. You can hear him start sweating when she asks about streamlabs, but he stuck to his guns and said they don't pay him. I'm not sure why he believes that's going to work, but he said it and now he's stuck with it.

Kheapathic

Good boy go to Heaven, bad boy go to New Jersey
kiwifarms.net
Not everyone declares all their tips, but when you work in an industry where tipping is a thing; you're supposed to declare them; and him throwing his "tax attorney" under the bus by saying he didn't have to count those is fucking dirty. Willing to be he's trying to say his tips should qualify as "gifts" and are therefore non-taxable (as I doubt anyone's given more than the gift threshold). And even if he updated his monthly expenditures from $5000/mo to $3800/mo; the question still needs to be asked, what the fuck is he spending that much money on when he literally works from home. Get that shit itemized, because otherwise all you'll get from him is "it's for the business."

One or more people must have contacted her. I know I listed some of his devices (the consoles, mainly), but she seems to have listed off his microphone and shit, which I certainly didn't include.
Still wondering how she missed the downstairs TV and all the DVD/Blu-Ray discs (and their playing device) as part of his electronics.

clownpiss

kiwifarms.net
His own income filing shows that to be wrong. He had ~$55,000 just for July to December 2019. I'm going to listen through the whole thing later tonight (probably) and maybe update the OP with timestamped stuff, cause I find it hard to believe he tried to just pretend he doesn't get $4000-$6000 a month in tips.

So streamlabs was from either a 3rd party or something the trustee gained knowledge of from investigating, not reported. I'm very impressed by her ability to filter through the noise of all the shit thats probably been given to her and the mess she is probably confused as hell about, yet remains professional and objective.

draculapenis

Two legendary Pokemon go 'round the outside
kiwifarms.net
Not everyone declares all their tips, but when you work in an industry where tipping is a thing; you're supposed to declare them; and him throwing his "tax attorney" under the bus by saying he didn't have to count those is fucking dirty. Willing to be he's trying to say his tips should qualify as "gifts" and are therefore non-taxable (as I doubt anyone's given more than the gift threshold). And even if he updated his monthly expenditures from $5000/mo to $3800/mo; the question still needs to be asked, what the fuck is he spending that much money on when he literally works from home. Get that shit itemized, because otherwise all you'll get from him is "it's for the business."

Still wondering how she missed the downstairs TV and all the DVD/Blu-Ray discs (and their playing device) as part of his electronics.
I forgot about the part where he mentioned his tips in the same breath as donations. That must be the strategy he's going with. Didn't he get this shady idea from that tax guy in CT?

Reactions: 100% VIRGIN M00TY

der rademacher

kiwifarms.net
I'm going to listen through the whole thing later tonight (probably) and maybe update the OP with timestamped stuff, cause I find it hard to believe he tried to just pretend he doesn't get $4000-$6000 a month in tips.
I'm listening through it again atm for shit and giggles and he really tries to sell the trustee that the tips are just a sign of appreciation of his service "like tipping a waitress or bartender at a restaurant" as a "completely optional ability". He obviously tries to downplay the tips as a minor factor of his income. Too bad that he was/is so lazy that he always uploads his twitch streams episodes to yt with the twitch overlay attached, showing all these sweet tips, even if he finds a way to smokescreen the pay-pal account statements.

Schmeckel

Praise 'til you're hollow
kiwifarms.net
That doesn't really help them because all the creditors need do is just point out that $5,000 figure is obviously bullshit, is completely unsupported except by Phil's own naked allegations, offer their own version of facts as extrapolated from what's in the record, say the real expenses are something else, and demand whatever they're demanding accordingly.

Phil's own testimony, if he's deposed or called to testify in detail, is likely to be given little weight in that he's already established he's a perjurer at this point.
That's essentially what I figured, but without any legitimate knowledge on how the law works in these things, I didn't want to presume anything.

It sounds like he's in a sinking vessel and trying to toss out water with a thimble that's got more holes in it than Kelly Ronahan's legs. His "appearance" today was just one more instance of him banking on his 9 stat in luck and hoping that nobody else has a 3 or higher in intelligence.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net

This was a 10.

The mere fact that DSP was intentionally held to last because his filing is suspicious.

The fact that DSP was questioned for 30-40 minutes when everyone else got questioned for 3-5 except for a couple of 15-20s.

The trustee/judge/Nancy/whoever is suspicious of everything. That's why she asked for 6 months of Paypal transactions.

Today wasn't the day to call him out for being a liar though. I think some people had their hopes up that Nancy was going to call DSP out for being a fucking liar and read him the riot act. That was never going to happen today.

That's for later.

NotreallyPutin

Ragequit
kiwifarms.net
like tipping a waitress or bartender at a restaurant
I work as a bartender on the weekends in a very big city. I take home about 200 to 350 a night from Friday to Sunday. Tips can add up VERY quickly depending on what your tipped role is. A server may work for a whole hour on two or three tables and pocket about 50 bucks in tips in a nice restaurant. Another may do the same work but only pocket like 9 dollars. It depends

Bartenders can serve about 20 customers in an hour or more and get about 2 to 5 dollars per customer in a nice place and abut 1to 3 in a dive bar. This adds up VERY quickly. This is why bartenders and bottle girls can make a lot more than servers.

Now if the environment is right a server can make bank and not be some big booty female.

Tips are not insignificant if the environment is right. DSP has a good-sized audience and they are very active. This is why he can meet a 1300 tips goal in like a week. That's not the little 3 dollars that most ass holes tip a server. DSP is using the analogy to dismiss the fact that he takes tips. He's hiding a lot of income. Remember, he doesn't count troll tips most of the time.

I want to see his PayPal account records.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None