Sonichu 4/16 - Chris Explains Differences Between Amy and Rosechu

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipmunk With A Banana

kiwifarms.net
I think Chris has shown Rosechu's lightning-shaping powers before. However, her actual favorite lightning shape is the banana:

SchuComic9.jpg

This was drawn by a 26 year old man.

A. twenty six. year. old. man.

Pinball Lizard

The best thing you could ever do is die
kiwifarms.net
Though I will say, about Chris's knowledge of Sonichu canon, that while he doesn't really forget things you can really tell when he's simply grown bored of a plot. I think this is best demonstrated in what became of Mary Lee and Graduon. They'd been the main villains up until that point, yet come the final issue they're dealt with as an afterthought: Mary Lee destroys Graduon because she's sick of being second fiddle, then she and Chris have a short fight which Chris wins. Meanwhile 4-cent Garbage, which had only recently been introduced, gets taken down in an "epic" doubler-page spread with the almighty Power of Rock.

Tragi-Chan

A thousand years old
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Though I will say, about Chris's knowledge of Sonichu canon, that while he doesn't really forget things you can really tell when he's simply grown bored of a plot. I think this is best demonstrated in what became of Mary Lee and Graduon. They'd been the main villains up until that point, yet come the final issue they're dealt with as an afterthought: Mary Lee destroys Graduon because she's sick of being second fiddle, then she and Chris have a short fight which Chris wins. Meanwhile 4-cent Garbage, which had only recently been introduced, gets taken down in an "epic" doubler-page spread with the almighty Power of Rock.
The comics are written for the benefit of Chris alone. The idea that readers might want "a satisfactory conclusion" or "story development" is alien to him. He's bored with the MLW plot, therefore you should be too. In fact, that's the whole source of this bizarre headcanon thing where Sonic and Sonichu have races for charity, Robee is a lesbian with a cock and whatever else has been going on in CWCville for the past five years - Chris decided he could live in his fantasy world without creating comics about it. Comics invite criticism, and that's not something he wants in his happy place.

Chris-Chan Cure

Magical Tomgirl
kiwifarms.net
The comics are written for the benefit of Chris alone. The idea that readers might want "a satisfactory conclusion" or "story development" is alien to him. He's bored with the MLW plot, therefore you should be too. In fact, that's the whole source of this bizarre headcanon thing where Sonic and Sonichu have races for charity, Robee is a lesbian with a cock and whatever else has been going on in CWCville for the past five years - Chris decided he could live in his fantasy world without creating comics about it. Comics invite criticism, and that's not something he wants in his happy place.
Chris primary motivations for drawing Sonichu and publishing it as a webcomic visible by everyone was to be renowned for his work, getting fame and praises, and advertizing himself as a component of his Love Quest to find a sweetheart from the ground-up. When none of it happenned, he saw no point to continue to draw his comics for the public as all he gets is criticism and mockery.

Last edited:

ZehnBoat

the ultimate crunch
kiwifarms.net
Chris primary motivations for drawing Sonichu and publishing it as a webcomic visible by everyone was to be renowned for his work, getting fame and praises, and advertizing himself as a component of his Love Quest to find a sweetheart from the ground-up. When none of it happenned, he saw no point to continue to draw his comics for the public as all he get is criticism and mockery.
chris expected his comics to be seen by the public, he wanted it out there.
he just expected everyone to think it was the best thing humanity has ever made
he thinks whatever he makes is perfect, and he can't understand why anyone else would think differently

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Probably why they were avoidable from the start.

Chris primary motivations for drawing Sonichu and publishing it as a webcomic visible by everyone was to be renowned for his work, getting fame and praises, and advertizing himself as a component of his Love Quest to find a sweetheart from the ground-up. When none of it happenned, he saw no point to continue to draw his comics for the public as all he get is criticism and mockery.
Certainly a good case of quitting while you're ahead.

chris expected his comics to be seen by the public, he wanted it out there.
he just expected everyone to think it was the best thing humanity has ever made
he thinks whatever he makes is perfect, and he can't understand why anyone else would think differently
I know too many people who did that.

Keine

The cooler ancient evil.
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I recall Chris tried to give out his fliers and shit to girls at PVCC, didn't he?

Without that, the only real reason Chris had to continue his comics was to preserve his headcanon, which he can do easily enough now by making bullshit posts on Facebook, so there's no need for a new comic.

timtommy

I am a damn Smoker!
kiwifarms.net
Chris primary motivations for drawing Sonichu and publishing it as a webcomic visible by everyone was to be renowned for his work, getting fame and praises, and advertizing himself as a component of his Love Quest to find a sweetheart from the ground-up. When none of it happenned, he saw no point to continue to draw his comics for the public as all he gets is criticism and mockery.

I don't entirely agree. If you look at the very first couple videos, he seems genuinely surprised that he has so many "fans". So I don't think he had massive fame on his radar to begin with.

Sonichu and CWCville were, and still are, an imaginary best friend and fantasy world for Chris. When things don't go his way in real life, he fixes them in CWCville by constructing a parallel universe which differs only by changing the things he doesn't like about the real world.

He did seem to want to share it with some people. He drew Sonichu stuff for the people around him, distributed the news-dash at PVCC, and threw some stuff up online. But I think he initially envisioned it as a way of interacting with people around him.

Then when Sonichu hit it big with trolls and Christorians, he dreamed much bigger. It is not hard to convince Chris to revise his opinions of himself upwards. So if he has a little bit of reinforcement telling him Sonichu is great, he is going to start believing it is the greatest thing ever and destined to become world famous.

But when publicizing Sonichu became more trouble than it was worth to him, he backed off. For reasons he didn't quite understand, but eventually realized were there, Sonichu drew the attention of trolls, led to parodies and enemies like ABL and Liquid, led to pressure to produce more, and didn't win him money, respect, or china. So he backed off.

But the headcanon kept going. Sonichu and CWCville pop into existence every time Chris wants to escape reality into his imagination a little. Sometimes he drew things or made lego models to make the fantasy world a little more real, but sometimes he just imagined the better world with an electric hedgehog sidekick. So Sonichu has gone with him on his journeys through the loss of his father, his gender identity issues, the housefire, the reunion/galpals issues, Catherine, etc. These are all part of Sonichu canon, in Chris mind. After all, all that Sonichu canon ever was was what came out of Chris imagination. Why is this any different?

Recently Chris started poking Sonichu's head out into the public eye a little bit, with the eBay merch. It has been fairly successful. And judging by the way he talked about it on the Catie date, a point of pride for him. People are willing to give him a fair bit of money for Sonichu stuff. But I think he is still a little bit wary about the stuff he went through last time. So he is exploring slowly, and figuring out what steps he is comfortable with. He is now aware of both the upsides and the downsides of Sonichu and the "fame" it brings him, and he is trying to work out, in his own muddled way, how to maximize the upside and minimize the downside.

SnergenFlergen

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I loved what kengle said about 'moving the Rosechu design away from Amy Rose and [making] her much more adult-like', because 'Rosechu has been in comic strips that were much more adult oriented'.

First of all Chris is, and has always been, adamant that Sonichu was rated TV-Y7 (a television rating for ages 7 above), or basically E for Everyone, and so whilst Sonichu contains numerous x-rated scenes that go against this rating, Chris would most likely resent Kengle's 'adult oriented' description.

Secondly, I love how Rosechu having larger breasts is sufficient to make the design more 'adult like' rather than doing something like giving her a more complex story/personality, in Kengle's eyes. Adding larger breasts to characters to make them seem older was something I did when I drew comics back when I was 6 years old. Also it's good to see that Watermelon is still spouting his non-sequitur nonsense as usual

milkshark

Subtle Internet Blurb
kiwifarms.net
Rosechu sucks. It's the Minnie to Sonichu's Mickey, and just as boring. It looks exactly like Amy Rose. Chris gave Amy Rose a tail that belongs in another game. It's even less creative than Sonichu. Her only strength is the unintentional humor created by Chris writing about dating and relationships, something that's a total foreign concept to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.