4/28/2020 - Demo for Woodtone that the new recorder isn't blowing clear - Tommie's blowing problems continue.

The Reaper

Be more kind, my friends.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Musicians can have an off day Tom. Sometimes I can't hit my altissimo notes on the sax. Its worse if I haven't practiced them specifically for a bit. I did a lot of bari hopping as well for a while and every instrument I played had different tendencies. When you get to using professional saxophones they are hand crafted which means a they all have slight shifts in tendencies and "just switching" between two of the same horn might not work for you. Heck when working on some advanced techniques I had to revamp note fingerings for the bari because they weren't coming out in tune. When I switched baris I had to redo all of those fingerings again because they were even more finicky on the new horn than the old one.

What I'm saying is you have to take some time with the instrument. It sounded to me like the note was there, you just didn't have a solid embouchure behind it so it came out really airy. That's gonna happen sometimes. I bet if I picked up my horn right now I'd sound like crap because I've been playing guitar instead. Rather than blaming the instrument do some self-reflection and try again.

Dimetrodon

Not a reptile or a mammal
kiwifarms.net
Musicians can have an off day Tom. Sometimes I can't hit my altissimo notes on the sax. Its worse if I haven't practiced them specifically for a bit. I did a lot of bari hopping as well for a while and every instrument I played had different tendencies. When you get to using professional saxophones they are hand crafted which means a they all have slight shifts in tendencies and "just switching" between two of the same horn might not work for you. Heck when working on some advanced techniques I had to revamp note fingerings for the bari because they weren't coming out in tune. When I switched baris I had to redo all of those fingerings again because they were even more finicky on the new horn than the old one.

What I'm saying is you have to take some time with the instrument. It sounded to me like the note was there, you just didn't have a solid embouchure behind it so it came out really airy. That's gonna happen sometimes. I bet if I picked up my horn right now I'd sound like crap because I've been playing guitar instead. Rather than blaming the instrument do some self-reflection and try again.
I think you're ultimately talking to a brick wall here, friend.

Sexy Senior Citizen

What's the big deal? It's called a fetish!
kiwifarms.net

Self-reflection is not the Tommy Tooter way. If he ever honestly engaged in it, he'd realize he's the reason his life is so screwed up. What makes him a lolcow, and what earned him a subforum, is his unwillingness to think about what he's done, the fact he is wholly unrepentant for it, and his utter refusal to learn from his past and keep making the same mistakes.
Also, it's funny you should mention you play the sax. Tommy used to play the sax too, when he was busking under bridges. His sax was lost/stolen, so he's downgraded to a recorder (since his handful of supporters didn't have the money between them to replace his sax.)

Reactions: Scribbler

Albert Ball

kiwifarms.net

Good advice, but you are forgetting one major piece of the the puzzle. NOTHING is ever Tom's fault. Literally nothing. It goes along the same lines of Tom never being sorry for anything he has done.

Miss Tommie Jayne Wasserberg

Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net

i'll bet your playing is as full of shit as your reasoning , scuzzball. my name isn't Tom and i had been trying to blow above the A for quite some time before i made the video. nothing will ever blow clear up there because the fipple wasn't cut right and i don't know how to trim it, so i'm sending it back.

I would expect a video like this for a hand made instrument made by a master craftsman and you as a musician are deeply concerned and need help from other artists or craftsman.

Motherfucker, 3rd graders learn to play these things and you use it to play on the street to get pocket change to buy weed.
lol. i don't busk with it , fucktard. i busk with the horn and make fat bank. if i'm taking in less than $15/hour, i pack it in. i've pulled down as much as $100/hr.

It's a machined piece of crap. i demonstrated that in the video. only OCD suffering fuck stains like yourselves would be so base to have a discussion like this. the level of delusions over intellect and redeeming social worth in this pest hole described as the "internet's largest stalker community" is truly the stuff for behavioral psychology textbooks. Rampant Dunning-Krueger effect in a pack of mostly millennial and gen-z vidiots. did everybody have their therapeutic disinfectants today?

Albert Ball

kiwifarms.net
the level of delusions over intellect and redeeming social worth in this pest hole described as the "internet's largest stalker community" is truly the stuff for behavioral psychology textbooks.
Tom, you lost the right to call ANY location a "pest hole". Especially after posting pictures of your irl "pest hole" apartment all over Facebook. Rat droppings, egg sack carrying roaches, the fungus growing on your MALE dick, and God knows what else....

Mariposa Electrique

In 2021, Shit will hit the fan 4 Chris
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
lol. i don't busk with it , fucktard. i busk with the horn and make fat bank. if i'm taking in less than $15/hour, i pack it in. i've pulled down as much as $100/hr.
Why do you lie so much. Not even people with an indispensable skill make that much. I am an NP, and I make 3 dollars less than the high end of your quote. Stop lying.

Tags
None