• "SHATTERED MY HEART AND MURDERED MY SOUL."
  1. We have wrought ourselves into a new era under a new host. If you experience tech issues, let me know.

5/15/2018 - DSP causes a Twitter shitstorm by being toxic towards streaming community

Discussion in 'Phil Burnell, the Onion Man' started by WarehouseKiwi, May 15, 2018.

Forum Guidelines
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over DSP. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • Limit discussion of body parts and functions. DSP is gross. Discussing his gout in detail is unnecessary and disturbing.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.
  • Write descriptive topic titles. "[14-Sep-2015] Livestreaming Sonic 2006" is better than "new update".

@SoapQueen1

?

How fucked do you think Phil is from this Tweet?

Poll closed Yesterday at 6:28 PM.
  1. Vidar Vikinged

36 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. Kimberlie Brinked

26 vote(s)
    7.8%
  3. Bryan Done

55 vote(s)
    16.6%
  4. Fred Fuched

201 vote(s)
    60.5%
  5. Leanna Hanged

14 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. And greed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  2. I honestly don't think they have to. I think simply giving advance access to them is almost an open bribe, because they're obviously giving you this because they expect you to give them publicity, and it's also fairly obvious if you just shit on everything they give you, they're not going to keep doing that.

Why make it an explicitly corrupt transaction when everyone participating, and everyone watching these streams, already knows what's up? You know the guy got advance access, but seriously, if you watch the stream and the game sucks, you can tell that even if the guy doing it is shilling up a storm.

There just isn't as much incentive for blatant corruption as with games "journalists," who write articles and you don't get to see them streaming, generally. Even there, I think the general bribery is more in terms of schwag and invitations to events and shit like that, and at worst, shit like Zoe Quinn draining your nuts into her stomach.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    AnOminous

AnOminous freddie freeloader
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  3. Let's go on a fun little trip to an alternate reality. A reality where Phil stood his ground, took even more flack, and ended up becoming a beacon of hope against shilling for video game streamers. And then, at the end of his life suddenly everything fades into Phil floating above the earth surrounded by all his detractors, even people like Tevin, PandaLee, JohnRambo, and even you and I, and we all begin clapping and saying "Congratulations!" to Phil.

Nah, just kidding, that would require Phil to have a spine and not be a corrupt piece of shit himself.

• Like Like x 5
    TheKatIsNowGone

TheKatIsNowGone Have you seen my missing Kat?

kiwifarms.net
  4. I can grasp this general idea, and I usually don't watch streams terribly often. However, when I do, it's generally because there's a specific game I like and play it a lot, and I've hit some kind of skill plateau, but want to get better. Then, I'll watch someone who's actually really good at it, and who when they're streaming, actually explains their reasoning for what they're doing, points out their own mistakes and how they could have done something better, and in general, is actually helpful and useful.

My main example of this is a guy called darktwinge, a Twitch streamer who did FTL: Faster Than Light and is one of the best players of the game out there. It is notoriously difficult, with an "Easy" mode that would be called "Nightmare" in most other games, and basically a roguelike-like, in that the content is procedurally generated and death is permanent (and usually very swift when you are new to the game).

There's a similar guy named lethalfrag who also plays this game, but instead of twinge's incredibly methodical, precise play, he does incredibly difficult challenge runs in a wild, aggressive style. He also has a degree in culinary arts and does cooking streams sometimes where he cooks top tier meals and shares recipes. He's basically the anti-DSP and the anti-Jack Scalfani at the same time.

Good streamers, though, have some things in common. They're invariably polite with their audience, they personally acknowledge any tips or comments and answer questions from the peanut gallery, and they do not gratuitously ban people unless they're being absolute shitheads. Whether they're doing it for a living or just as a side thing because they like the community, they act like professionals. They don't act like infantile morons.

Really, if DSP had just started streaming today with the way he acts, he'd never have gotten anywhere. His sole claim to fame was getting in early and getting "famous" early and now he is only known for being an asshole and for having previously been one of the early people doing this shit. Even then he sucked.

tl;dr there are reasons, even if they're kind of autistic reasons, to watch streamers, but there are really no not-utterly-dumb reasons to watch DSP unironically. The obvious reason to watch streamers, i.e. to get better at something, simply doesn't apply. All you learn from DSP is how to bitch and complain when you play like an idiot and lose. The only real reason to watch him is to watch an idiot fail at something and laugh at him, or troll him and get banned.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    AnOminous

AnOminous freddie freeloader
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  5. New poll idea: How long will DSP's twitter silence last before he starts ranting about stuff again?

• Sieger Sieger x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  6. Y'all think there's something in that rant other than him begging for you to give him 60 bucks instead of playing the game yourself....

This has been his career. He got the tiny amount of fame he has from postimg day one releases in the days where most let's plays were older games. He was shit then too, but picking were slim, and publishers weren't as happy as they are now with the medium.

Now the let's play has become accepted by publishers and viewers, so he's not special. In fact he's so unimportant publishers (other than that bad orc game) aren't giving him shit, even when they toss out prerelease codes like candy.

So you get what we had yesterday. An increasingly irrelevant man grasping at any excuse for his failings, instead of fixing them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  7. DSP working the shills into a shoot, brother.

He may be a autistic fat fuck, But so are the losers replying to him.

May we all bask in the autism that this loser brings.
    DOOOOOD.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  8. I mean all football players can fuck off as far as I'm concerned, the idea of unironically watching someone else play a football game is something I can't wrap my head around.

That kind of thing only works when there is accountability. Administrative law judges work for the agency that hires them, but they're generally kept in check by the statistics gathered during the applicable appeals process (i.e. if an ALJ's decisions constantly get reversed by district judges that do not work for the agency, that ALJ is not doing their job right.) and as a result behave themselves. The medical examiners who take a look at applicants for disability work for the agency that hires them, and they're not kept in check at all because there's essentially no oversight (medical examiners are rewarded with stable jobs and regular pay increases for recommending individuals are not disabled even if they seem to be disabled- for SSI applicants there is limited backpay the longer it takes for someone to get benefits the more money the SSA saves.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    SoapQueen1

SoapQueen1 speed bump, failed business owner, 'tism wrangler.
    Supervisor

kiwifarms.net
  9. I think its half and half.

Half the reason is that he's a relatively tiny, insignificant streamer.
    The other half is that he furiously backpedals whenever it actually gets noticed.

I think if he hadn't deleted/apologized in this instance he probably would've eaten another suspension.

• Like Like x 1
    • Sieger Sieger x 1
    neger psykolog

neger psykolog dm if u want forgeries done in Macromedia Flash
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. He's not exactly small now. He's insulted every single twitch streamer possible. If Twitch don't at least suspend him, I'll be very shocked.

kiwifarms.net
  11. John Wolfe has talked about advance access a lot, he said if you just email companies with your stats, and your stats are adequate, they will usually give you access. If you have a modicum of professionalism it's pretty fucking easy to figure out. No one has to pay anyone, it's mutually beneficial.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    sperginity

sperginity crescent fresh

kiwifarms.net
  12. The thread on his forum have turned into a fight between people who think he havent done enough to apologize and ThatDogGuy and Amityville trying to damage control stuff for Phil!

133.jpg 134.jpg 135.jpg 136.jpg 137.jpg 138.jpg
    Phil is so going to delet it when he gets back if not before!

Dragoonism

Dragoonism Es gibt keine Fakten, nur Interpretationen.

kiwifarms.net
  13. why can't people on TKoH forums let amityville jack his dick to phil in PEACE??? REEEEEEE

amityvile lol.png

EDIT: damn you @Dragoonism

• Like Like x 1
    Windows 98

Windows 98 can I get a slurpee?

kiwifarms.net
  14. Got surprised no one has posted anything from his forum before me, every time something like this happens it turns into a fight between people who wanna help Phil and 2-3 hardcore fans who rejects everything for Phil and alienates even more potential forum users!

His forum is really the Kingdom of Hate!

Dragoonism

kiwifarms.net
  15. Nah detractors were asking the former Twitch staff who had been dunking on Phil if that is possibility. They all said no because his tweet doesn't constitute as targeted harassment or violence. So you know usual antics for the DSP forum to get hope that the sky is falling for Phil when it's not. It still however affects any professional relationships he could of had (if he had tried, but let's be real he wouldn't) but a lot of people aren't gonna touch him with a 10 foot pole now.

Also Phil has a crippling ego and desperately wants asspats. The fact that multiple professionals from multiple aspects of his livelihood (video games, reviewing, streaming) took a giant shit on him will most likely haunt him and feed into his insecurities.

kiwifarms.net
  16. yeah I went to take a peak and was shocked there's even a thread about it. I saw people talking about it in the "Random Thoughts" thread yesterday and was sure a mod was going to tell them to shut up before it got worse.

MODS ASLEEP
    POST PHIL'S LATEST FUCK UP

• Agree Agree x 3
    Windows 98

Windows 98 can I get a slurpee?

kiwifarms.net
  17. yeah but he didn't incite the wrath of a company or a bigger streamer, most just rolled their eyes and laughed at him
    the people who were really angry were the people smaller than him

and phil pussied out in the end so twitch is more than happy to forgive him since his cost isn't bigger than his earnings... YET

but that's WOOOOOOOOORKKK!!!

• Like Like x 1
    ZehnBoat

ZehnBoat my day is ruined

kiwifarms.net
  18. Phils mods are more accepting than what he is, most of them dont mind open discussions as long as it stays on the subject and/or goes out of hand, but Phil will most likely close it as fast as he can.

• Sieger Sieger x 1
    #518 Dragoonism, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Dragoonism

kiwifarms.net

19. Yeah his forum is pretty much dead, especially the Patrons sub forum. Literally nothing is going on over there, except people occasionally nominating Patron’s Choice playthroughs. Then there’s also the Auspicious Patrons subforum, where nobody has posted in months. Almost a month ago Phil created a topic where patrons can ask questions for the next Ask the King, and so far it has only 1 view (probably Phil’s own).

• Agree Agree x 2
    BrandNewDetractor

BrandNewDetractor True gamer

kiwifarms.net
    • Sieger Sieger x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.