[5 March 2020] Phil’s Bankruptcy Court Hearing - It’s mah day off, dood!

SaidNoOneEver

kiwifarms.net
One thing I noticed that hasn't been mentioned yet (I think), is he can buy out his WAKahndo in the event it goes up for sale in Chapter 7. If he had the money he could pay the trustee the difference between his exemptions and the equity. That would truly be the "save the house" fundraiser of the decade. OTOH, the trustee would probably wonder how he raised thousands of dollars out of nowhere when he can't pay his bills and may force him into Chapter 13 anyway.
He owes more on the WA condo than all of his other debt combined. If he could figure out a way to pay off the WA condo outright he wouldn't be filing for bankruptcy.

instythot

kiwifarms.net
March 26, Renton Court House-
Another mature adult with a business degree: So what are you here for? Couldn’t keep the shop open?
Mr. Burnell: uhh no you idiot, it’s tevins fault and there was nothing I could do!? These fucking trolls made me pull out 13 credit cards, can you believe it? *SNORT* by the way you got a dollar I can hold? I got a hearing in a couple minutes and I don’t want to go to jail.

Ok but on a serious note, what was phil thinking? Why didn’t he change things around when he was 100k in debt? Or 200k? Or 300k, 400k, 490k!?? Why did he let it get this bad?

Also, not sure if answered but did he tell his Kat that he was this deep in a hole? Who else feels that it was a forced wedding?
Phil has let slip that Kat had financial troubles of her own prior to the wedding and many have observed what they feel are gold digging behaviors around her.

Here's a thought involving irresponsible speculation. Not only does Kat know what's going on, part of the marriage negotiations were that Phil clear a sizeable enough portion of her debts and she's gotten exactly what she wants out of the union

Cuckoman

kiwifarms.net
My fucking brain hurts

His lawyer didn't show up either even though she had 2 other clients besides Phil that day

Did those 2 other clients show up? If yes, why didn't Phil show up also? What would make Phil special to have his lawyer tell him "don't go to court because I can't get there" but not to her other clients also?
Showing up to these meetings is not part of this particular lawyers flat-fee service.
His lawyer has been paid a flat fee to
1, give him a mandatory overview/course of the bancruptcy process
2, file the application that PHIL has filled in with the court.
Nothing else. Her job is finished and she has nothing more to take part with.
If you look at the services she offers, she explicitely calls out that she will NOT represent her client in anyway
beyond filing the papers with the court.

That is why she offers such a low flat fee. She will file the papers and nothing else.
I am sure she will not even take telephone calls from Phil anymore since she has already fulfilled everything she was contracted for and paid for. There is absolutely zero chance she will show up to any of these meetings for any of her clients.

We are still talking about the flat-fee 1200$ lawyer he retained for filing? right?
Or has he gotten a different lawyer that he pays by the hour and who will actually represent him beyond just offering the filing-document-with-court service?

Last edited:

darkwingosonichugorl

duhuhuhuhuhuh
kiwifarms.net
His lawyer didn't show up either even though she had 2 other clients besides Phil that day

Did those 2 other clients show up? If yes, why didn't Phil show up also? What would make Phil special to have his lawyer tell him "don't go to court because I can't get there" but not to her other clients also?
Rochelle had 3 other clients that day. 1 of them was continued, and we don't know about the other 2 yet, but she wasn't at the courthouse for those.

Maybe she's sick or something came up, but she really should have had a fill-in for Phil's hearing. He's going to pay at least a thousand in interest because of this delay.

Cuckoman

kiwifarms.net
Rochelle had 3 other clients that day. 1 of them was continued, and we don't know about the other 2 yet, but she wasn't at the courthouse for those.

Maybe she's sick or something came up, but she really should have had a fill-in for Phil's hearing. He's going to pay at least a thousand in interest because of this delay.
This is the 1200$ flat fee lawyer right?
I am pretty sure she NEVER shows up to these hearings for any of her clients.
1200$ gets you the service where she will file the application with the court. It does not get you a warm body to show up to meetings or court.

DiabeticSP

kiwifarms.net
It's not that surprising that Rochelle has the intern show up to handle the 'this is X, this is X's bankruptcy' busy work.

Its not worth her time to show up in court. Hell, she probably isn't the one who actually filled out Phil's forms, just signed them after giving them a once over with Phil.

$1200 does not buy you the time of day. It buys you the firm doing the basic steps required to adequately process your paperwork.

Its no different than tax firms, the partners never directly handle anything but the big cases. Once your name is on the shingle you have people to handle the basic shit for you while you golf.

It's not that surprising that Rochelle has the intern show up to handle the 'this is X, this is X's bankruptcy' busy work.

Its not worth her time to show up in court. Hell, she probably isn't the one who actually filled out Phil's forms, just signed them after giving them a once over with Phil.

$1200 does not buy you the time of day. It buys you the firm doing the basic steps required to adequately process your paperwork.

Its no different than tax firms, the partners never directly handle anything but the big cases. Once your name is on the shingle you have people to handle the basic shit for you while you golf.

This would all seem to confirm Phil just didn't bother showing up, which makes him even more exceptional.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
In writing that, is the trustee dismisses the case completely, they wouldn't get any money from it, right? Or at least not more than some minimum fixed amount they get no matter what? If so, I wonder if the trustee granted the extension because Phil clearly has assets she can get at to sell and make some easy money. That would be the ultimate hilarity.
There's a Nolo page on it:

They get a nothing payment for even having to see your name.

But their percentage is as follows:

25% of the first $5,000 disbursed
10% of the next $45,000
5% of the next $950,000, and
3% of anything over $1,000,000.
That is why she offers such a low flat fee. She will file the papers and nothing else.
No, Phil gets representation at the 341 and future adjournments of it and some routine things.

This has already been posted but here it is again.

1583535635649.png

So he gets counsel at the 341 and the confirmation hearing, which would be all he'd need in a generic bankruptcy where nobody challenges anything.

Schmeckel

Praise 'til you're hollow
kiwifarms.net
Phil has let slip that Kat had financial troubles of her own prior to the wedding and many have observed what they feel are gold digging behaviors around her.

Here's a thought involving irresponsible speculation. Not only does Kat know what's going on, part of the marriage negotiations were that Phil clear a sizeable enough portion of her debts and she's gotten exactly what she wants out of the union
Her debts AND essentially a free place to live indefinitely while slumming around with Jim, Tyrone, and all their boys.

TransNig

Xie/Xer
kiwifarms.net
Showing up to these meetings is not part of this particular lawyers flat-fee service.

I am sure she will not even take telephone calls from Phil anymore since she has already fulfilled everything she was contracted for and paid for.
Exactly! Being a bankruptcy lawyer means getting paid up front by unreliable deadbeats. Regular lawyers have enough trouble collecting on their fees as it is, and often have to sue to their clients to even get paid. Representing deadbeats is a hands-off process.

Phillip's status as an unreliable deadbeat means that the court probably won't be too hard on him, as Jeshoa stated in his stream today.

I'm dying to know whether Phil actually intended to go, and failed to show up due to being an unreliable deadbeat who is afraid to leave the house, or if he pulled an Epic Gamer Move and trolled us. Whatever new hearing he schedules, someone is probably going to go and bear witness anyway, so I look forward to it.

Freshtodeath

Kwhality Khantent
kiwifarms.net
breaking news: Seattle courthouses to stop appearances cause of Corona Virus. LMAO the pig roach luck.

tzgnilki

kiwifarms.net
breaking news: Seattle courthouses to stop appearances cause of Corona Virus. LMAO the pig roach luck.

"the courts are just that stupid ack ack ack"

just a reminder that interest doesn't stop accruing because of a virus

Last edited:

DarkSydePundit

Women Are Not Funny
kiwifarms.net
"Mostly accurate"

Bro.

He probably just prints your monthly roundups & that's all he even hands over to his may-or-may-not-be-fictitious certified attorney public tax guy accountant.

You have a better handle on his free ride than he ever will.

Wait, no. What am I thinking? He doesn't print them. He just emails the links.
That would be some fucking 4D Chess on Phil’s part.

He‘ll probably use the documentation of him here as part of his CV when he applies for a job at McDonald‘s in a few months.

eggsandwich

kiwifarms.net
No, Phil gets representation at the 341 and future adjournments of it and some routine things.

View attachment 1176597

So he gets counsel at the 341 and the confirmation hearing, which would be all he'd need in a generic bankruptcy where nobody challenges anything.

View attachment 1176597

I wonder if it is possible they requested reschedule was because Phil found out only a stand-in was assigned to represent him that day. Phil, of course would throw a tantrum because he'd argue his case is the most complicated bankruptcy case in U.S. history and therefore demanded his lawyer to show on that 26th date...

Last edited:
Tags
die null