Disaster 6.4 Earthquake Hits SoCal -

Wraith

Made pure again from the hardest game on earth.
kiwifarms.net
Didn't a few years ago some hurricanes hit the southeast and the left wing were making fun of the people dying and who lost property because they voted Trump or voted right wing or something? Something-something nature is attacking you and you deserve it or whatnot?
WELL IT'S TIME TO SHAKE AND DIE BITCHES.
I'm actually upset it wasn't stronger.

CheezzyMach

Superior Tentacle Rapist
kiwifarms.net
Shame the Earthquake wasn't focused on just the city. The rest of the entire state fucking hates LA. All the exceptional politicians, voters, and illegals congregate in the coastal cities. The majority in LA.

1) Everyone in my town was preparing for the fireworks festivals. Tons of trucks with big flags in the back. Lot of people fired off rifles and shotguns in respect.

2) LA isn't in the Mojave, dumbfuck. It's hundreds of miles away.

The reason that housing prices are so expensive in California is due too extremely strict building codes. LA in particular has very few skyscrapers just because of this reason. though they're building what they call 'earthquake proof ones' as a test of sorts.
I hope LA will eventually unfuck itself. I always wanted to visit Cali.

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
I hope LA will eventually unfuck itself. I always wanted to visit Cali.
Out of all the US cities I’ve visited, LA is the only one I’ve actively disliked. It was hot, gross and had no character. Even SF, despite its flaws, is still worth visiting - the scenery is great, and there’s iconic stuff like the winding road and the trolley cars that are neat to see in person. But LA has fucking *nothing* to see that isn’t vapid Hollywood bullshit.

Sperglord Dante

Useless Guato
kiwifarms.net
California has done quite a bit of work through the CEA to try and prepare for it. I worry far less about the "big one" in California in comparison to the "big one" ripping open the New Madrid. There was a paper done (I believe it was University of Kentucky?) a few years back that spooked a lot of insurance companies along the fault line into raising earthquake deductibles or selling their books to third party insurance companies.

What makes that faultline so bad is that the soil out east is looser than the soil along the San Andreas. This allows the earthquake to impact a far larger area: which has done the square root of fuck all to prepare for the quake or update building codes to make structures more resilient.
The reason that housing prices are so expensive in California is due too extremely strict building codes. LA in particular has very few skyscrapers just because of this reason. though they're building what they call 'earthquake proof ones' as a test of sorts.
Yeah, California is (unfortunately) the gold standard when it comes to anti-seismic structural design and building regulations. My own country bases its regulations on the California Building Code. Other than *maybe* the Japanese, nobody is better prepared for a large scale event like the commiefornians, they aren't going to get wiped by mother nature any time soon.

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
Didn't a few years ago some hurricanes hit the southeast and the left wing were making fun of the people dying and who lost property because they voted Trump or voted right wing or something? Something-something nature is attacking you and you deserve it or whatnot?
WELL IT'S TIME TO SHAKE AND DIE BITCHES.
I'm actually upset it wasn't stronger.
It reminds me of Hurricane Harvey who hit South Texas, the left wing was rejoicing to the news....until they learned that hurricane had hit Houston who voted Hillary. Rush Limbaugh said it was better than a Hillary presidency. https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/08/28/houston-caller-hurricane-harvey-is-better-than-a-hillary-presidency/

Your_Fairy_Wish_Prince

I am your Fairy Wish Prince, at your service
kiwifarms.net
Good.

Maybe the next one will cause the whole state to break off and sink into the sea....much like a shittier version of Atlantis.

Reactions: Sundae

Nasty Old Person

I dox myself when I think about you
kiwifarms.net
For perspective, this is Trona, CA, about 11 miles from the epicenter. Before the earthquake. It's known as the Detroit of the desert.

Bonus: they can't even tear down the abandoned houses because they're full of asbestos, which was considered safe and healthy back when they were built.

Most of the fires are courtesy of extra busy meth heads.

I've been there a few times. It's even more horrifying in real life. Also, the local tap water is full of epsom salts. You'll shit for dadays if you drink it.

Last edited:

Sneed's Feed And Seed

Formerly Chuck's
kiwifarms.net
Between the fault lines and the fact that the Los Angeles metropolitan area is close enough to the chaparral that wildfires are a major problem while simultaneously deep enough in the desert that there isn't enough fresh water to supply the city's needs that it begs the question as to how the fuck Los Angeles became the second-biggest city in the United States and when the hell is the inevitable collapse of the city gonna happen?
"Nice water, Sacramento area. Mind if we build a canal to bring the Delta water southward?"
And then they just kept putting toes in the tent.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino