Disaster 6.4 Earthquake Hits SoCal -

Fibonacci

Koning der Pijpbeurt
kiwifarms.net
it wasn’t too bad. Had some neighbors cry though lol.
lol Same here. I was outside taking the trash out while it happened and a group of neighbours across the street were huddled together in a circle in their driveway crying and praying. You'd have thought power lines were falling everywhere around them, roads opening up into sinkholes and the Lake Isabella Dam was broken open and a flood of biblical proportions was on its way.

The Great Chandler

"Pickleless girls don't marry virgin boys"
kiwifarms.net
lol Same here. I was outside taking the trash out while it happened and a group of neighbours across the street were huddled together in a circle in their driveway crying and praying. You'd have thought power lines were falling everywhere around them, roads opening up into sinkholes and the Lake Isabella Dam was broken open and a flood of biblical proportions was on its way.
Gotta love how Californians pride themselves as "hardened" to earthquakes when they can't even handle their own common natural disasters.

The_MmmBop_Gang

kiwifarms.net
Nature is amazing; perhaps I'm crazy but I think it would be neat to experience an earthquake first hand in open space, free of falling debris. Since I'm near San Francisco, if this is a precursor to the Big One, perhaps I'll get my chance.

Feline Supremacist

I am a Dog-Exclusionary Radical Felinist
kiwifarms.net
Gotta love how Californians pride themselves as "hardened" to earthquakes when they can't even handle their own common natural disasters.
Only if you're actually born there. As a kid I woke my dad up at 6 am after I particularly strong one and he just mumbled yeah ok wake me up if there's a fire and then went back to sleep. You learn to rent/buy your dwelling on solid bedrock as opposed to landfill and stay away from brick. And keep a go bag with MREs, cash, flashlight and crank powered radio.

Coach Kreeton Of All That

WARRIORS! COME OUT TO PLAY!
kiwifarms.net
Sending THOTs to So Cal, then praying for the place seems like it would make it an even more IRL Autistic Mad Max landscape than it already is.

CumDumpster

camedei707, Evil Overlord of Xedo
kiwifarms.net
Jefferson resident speaking, I don't feel any of this up north. Even then, everyone (especially northern California) would be better off without southern California around as those mutts of the desert are responsible for most of California's plights to begin with.
Remember too that this is home of the copyright trolls and real estate agents otherwise known as "Harmony Gold".

Fibonacci

Koning der Pijpbeurt
kiwifarms.net
Jefferson resident speaking, I don't feel any of this up north. Even then, everyone (especially northern California) would be better off without southern California around as those mutts of the desert are responsible for most of California's plights to begin with.
Remember too that this is home of the copyright trolls and real estate agents otherwise known as "Harmony Gold".
Fair enough. But San Francisco and Oakland are in Northern California. SanFran is also home to our State Supreme Court and the childhood residence of Gavin Newsom. Oakland is home to a shitty baseball team, Green Day and, for now, the Raiders - a team responsible for at least 50% of all football faggotry (Cowboys and Packers share the other half). SoCal is definitely beyond repair, but SF is busy passing batshit crazy laws that set the trend for the rest of the state and driving their population out of town and into the surrounding areas with a virtually insane cost of living that somehow manages to have affects as far-reaching as Oregon.

Northern Cali is just as culpable. When SoCal finally goes, NorCal must go with it. Together we are the CatDog of America.

Oscar Wildean

Bitchiest motherfucker in town.
kiwifarms.net
California has a better chance of getting wiped out by big fires considering the crazy fires that have gone on in SoCal since 2007.

• Agree
Reactions: tehpope

CumDumpster

kiwifarms.net
Fair enough. But San Francisco and Oakland are in Northern California. SanFran is also home to our State Supreme Court and the childhood residence of Gavin Newsom. Oakland is home to a shitty baseball team, Green Day and, for now, the Raiders - a team responsible for at least 50% of all football faggotry (Cowboys and Packers share the other half). SoCal is definitely beyond repair, but SF is busy passing batshit crazy laws that set the trend for the rest of the state and driving their population out of town and into the surrounding areas with a virtually insane cost of living that somehow manages to have affects as far-reaching as Oregon.

Northern Cali is just as culpable. When SoCal finally goes, NorCal must go with it. Together we are the CatDog of America.
SoCal doesn't produce food. NorCal does. Not to mention that the northern portion of California is mostly conservative once you venture outside of the big cities, so all the small cities would be more powerful, thus causing SanFran, Oakland and the like to have regular conniption fits.

Fibonacci

Koning der Pijpbeurt
kiwifarms.net
SoCal doesn't produce food. NorCal does. Not to mention that the northern portion of California is mostly conservative once you venture outside of the big cities, so all the small cities would be more powerful, thus causing SanFran, Oakland and the like to have regular conniption fits.
Actually, you'd be surprised by the agricultural industry that exists in the counties surrounding the LA area. Ventura, San Fernando, Orange County. Even areas like San Bernardino and Temecula have a decent range of crops. But the bulk of SoCal's food production lies in Kern County with many agriculture companies headquartered there producing oranges, almonds, onions, eggplants, grapes (including those stupidly expensive cotton candy grapes), corn, etc. More importantly, Kern County produces the vast majority of the oil in the state and Los Angeles County has multiple oil refineries processing it.

And then there's the question of where exactly to make the cut. CenCal is by far the largest producer of food in the state with counties like Tulare, Kings and Fresno. You'd have to decide how far south this hypothetical apocalypse should hit, if you really wanted to get technical about it.

CumDumpster

kiwifarms.net
Actually, you'd be surprised by the agricultural industry that exists in the counties surrounding the LA area. Ventura, San Fernando, Orange County. Even areas like San Bernardino and Temecula have a decent range of crops. But the bulk of SoCal's food production lies in Kern County with many agriculture companies headquartered there producing oranges, almonds, onions, eggplants, grapes (including those stupidly expensive cotton candy grapes), corn, etc. More importantly, Kern County produces the vast majority of the oil in the state and Los Angeles County has multiple oil refineries processing it.

And then there's the question of where exactly to make the cut. CenCal is by far the largest producer of food in the state with counties like Tulare, Kings and Fresno. You'd have to decide how far south this hypothetical apocalypse should hit, if you really wanted to get technical about it.
There are a variety of farms around Northern California where one could get those.
Heck, I live near a grocer that exclusively focuses on local food and coffee. Then again, my town is so small that it takes 30 minutes on a bicycle to get down to my city's Wal-Mart.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino