Disaster 6.4 Earthquake Hits SoCal -

• The Kiwi Farms is running a Fediverse Node, which is like Twitter but decentralized between many individual providers, similar to email. Feel free to sign up and follow me. There are many more services we federate with, and you will see all that content with one account. (Feedback thread.)

Maintenance is concluded.

Shadfan666xxx000

kiwifarms.net
Out of all the US cities I’ve visited, LA is the only one I’ve actively disliked. It was hot, gross and had no character. Even SF, despite its flaws, is still worth visiting - the scenery is great, and there’s iconic stuff like the winding road and the trolley cars that are neat to see in person. But LA has fucking *nothing* to see that isn’t vapid Hollywood bullshit.
But GTA makes it look so good.

Feline Supremacist

I am a Dog-Exclusionary Radical Felinist
kiwifarms.net
Depends if Mother Nature decide for the BIG ONE to shake which fault line first: San Andreas or New Madrid?

The Northeast won't get a big one California style but there's one nuclear plant who was built near the Rampapo fault line.
I felt this one all the way up in NYC And looks like there are several faults in and around NYC (125th Street Fault, the Dyckman Street Fault, the Mosholu Parkway Fault, and the East River Fault) so it's a question of when. While I am prepared as a veteran of several Cali quakes I predict I'll survive only to get my skull bashed in by the bricks everyone in the NE loves so much when I crawl out of the rubble.

Edit I forgot to mention Indian Point nuclear power plant, just 30 miles away from Times Square. Even if it's decommissioned on schedule there's no plan to remove the radioactive waste pools so we are fucked in the Tri State.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Man god must be really pissed, he sent an earthquake and people are going to have to file insurance claims now. You Califags better clean up your act
Well we did just get done celebrating the gayest month in human history, of which California was the epicenter, coincidence?

Now I am in the mood to watch that schlocky Earthquake movie from the 70s.
I've always been a fan of that movie.

What does it mean that these keep happening? Cali getting its second strongest earthquake in 20 years, days after the first one seems like it would be significant
It means this is probably it, the Big One.

If I lived in the state I'd be getting the fuck out for a while.

Oscar Wildean

Bitchiest motherfucker in town.
kiwifarms.net
Out of all the US cities I’ve visited, LA is the only one I’ve actively disliked. It was hot, gross and had no character. Even SF, despite its flaws, is still worth visiting - the scenery is great, and there’s iconic stuff like the winding road and the trolley cars that are neat to see in person. But LA has fucking *nothing* to see that isn’t vapid Hollywood bullshit.
People need to stop visiting LA and go to better California cities.

Oscar Wildean

Bitchiest motherfucker in town.
kiwifarms.net
I live in a area that's usually dead as disco (except for the weekend around Mother's Day) and I can vouch for this.
There's more life in even the most rural Californian cities than in Los Angeles or the entirety of Southern California.
The way I see it, if people are going to go to California for vacation (and they're not going on family trips to Disneyland) and they end up going to Los Angeles and hate it, that's their own fault for not looking around more.

Vitruvius

Gnaeus, load the onagers.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I live in a area that's usually dead as disco (except for the weekend around Mother's Day) and I can vouch for this.
There's more life in even the most rural Californian cities than in Los Angeles or the entirety of Southern California.
The issue with LA is that every gathering is just a front to get pictures for instagram. So you just get a bunch of thots and morons with their snapbacks on wrong taking a bunch of photos of themselves instead of focusing on whatever the actual event is.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
It reminds me of Hurricane Harvey who hit South Texas, the left wing was rejoicing to the news....until they learned that hurricane had hit Houston who voted Hillary. Rush Limbaugh said it was better than a Hillary presidency. https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/08/28/houston-caller-hurricane-harvey-is-better-than-a-hillary-presidency/
I wonder how the local news puts their ugly flare on suffering red areas? Isn't most of inland California very republican? Are earthquakes terrible when Oakland gets hit but a good thing 50 miles east of the bay?

Nasty Old Person

I dox myself when I think about you
kiwifarms.net
I wonder how the local news puts their ugly flare on suffering red areas? Isn't most of inland California very republican? Are earthquakes terrible when Oakland gets hit but a good thing 50 miles east of the bay?
The so-called "Inland Empire" is where LA and San Bernaghetto dump their welfare families because living costs are much lower. This is why places like California City, Trona and Lancaster/Palmdale are such hellholes. Thanks Liberal LA metro governments.

The gangbangers bring all their trashy ways with them to the desert, which is why towns with less than 10,000 population come to look like the worst urban slums. Add in generations of inbred white tweakers and you get this shit.

Also: structural engineers who were sent to Trona to assess quake damage are having a hard time figuring out which buildings the quake wrecked vs the natural wear and tear produced by the aforementionrd generations of tweakers.

Fucking Trona makes California City look like Beverly Hills. I wish I was kidding.

Edit: Some moron paid $9995.00 in 2016 for this apartment building that got burned down sometime in the 1990s. It's still there on Google street view. I've seen it in person and couldn't believe the county didn't bulldoze it sometime in the intervening decades.

Last edited:

CumDumpster

camedei707, Evil Overlord of Xedo
kiwifarms.net
Edit: Some moron paid $9995.00 in 2016 for this apartment building that got burned down sometime in the 1990s. It's still there on Google street view. I've seen it in person and couldn't believe the county didn't bulldoze it sometime in the intervening decades.

Gotta love Jerry Brown, eh? Newsom isn't that much better, given how he acts.
Newsom's so bad that his inauguration made Trump reconsider giving California access to emergency funding after his speech.

tehpope

privacytools.io | prism-break.org
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

kadoink

kiwifarms.net
Looks like God has had it with Southern California. Hurry up and finish it off already!..Well, make sure to spare my one friend down there and Tom Hanks.

Reactions: CumDumpster

Sīn the Moon Daddy

🌙 Time and Tide
kiwifarms.net
I had some good times in socal. Not too far from La Zorra in fact.

sweating my balls off and wondering why I couldn't just apply to taco bell

Nasty Old Person

I dox myself when I think about you
kiwifarms.net
That seriously looks like its from GTA 5.
That building burned down sometime in the '90s, and it's still there at least in Google earth. Tronoids have been complaining about it ever since but so far nobody's been motivated to torch the rest of it. Fucking thing isn't even fenced off.

One of the nnews stories on ththe quake had a family whose house got destroyed, so they just moved into the abandoned house next door because it wasn't as bad.

The entire town of Trona is a lolcow.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino