Disaster 6.4 Earthquake Hits SoCal -

Cheesegirl78

kiwifarms.net
Lancaster/Palmdale used to be somewhat nice; we stayed in Palmdale for a bit in the early 70s.
My dad had just retired and was looking for work at the aircraft factories, but not long after we arrived places began shutting down.
Then LA and SB county started dumping ex-convicts and their families there, and gangs started moving in.
And the desert areas have always attracted a somewhat odd group of people, add meth to the whole thing and you have quite the party.

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
kiwifarms.net
> in LA
> somehow didn't notice either earthquakes, someone had to mention it

Fibonacci

Koning der Pijpbeurt
kiwifarms.net
I was at the grocery store last night and noticed that they have an Earthquake Emergency Supplies Station set up. It's just vegetarian MRE packs and bottled water, but people have been buying them up like fucking crazy. lol It made me think of Jim Bakker's Emergency Buckets.

Oscar Wildean

Bitchiest motherfucker in town.
kiwifarms.net
The so-called "Inland Empire" is where LA and San Bernaghetto dump their welfare families because living costs are much lower. This is why places like California City, Trona and Lancaster/Palmdale are such hellholes. Thanks Liberal LA metro governments.

The gangbangers bring all their trashy ways with them to the desert, which is why towns with less than 10,000 population come to look like the worst urban slums. Add in generations of inbred white tweakers and you get this shit.

Also: structural engineers who were sent to Trona to assess quake damage are having a hard time figuring out which buildings the quake wrecked vs the natural wear and tear produced by the aforementionrd generations of tweakers.

Fucking Trona makes California City look like Beverly Hills. I wish I was kidding.

Edit: Some moron paid $9995.00 in 2016 for this apartment building that got burned down sometime in the 1990s. It's still there on Google street view. I've seen it in person and couldn't believe the county didn't bulldoze it sometime in the intervening decades.

Palmdale. Fuck that place. I had to go through there once and it was just some ugly desolate wasteland and some person was standing outside in the sun begging for money. That city is depressing. As for Bernardino, I love to look at Press Enterprise because every day something bad is happening in the IE. It's like Downey.

Apoth42

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
The so-called "Inland Empire" is where LA and San Bernaghetto dump their welfare families because living costs are much lower. This is why places like California City, Trona and Lancaster/Palmdale are such hellholes. Thanks Liberal LA metro governments.

The gangbangers bring all their trashy ways with them to the desert, which is why towns with less than 10,000 population come to look like the worst urban slums. Add in generations of inbred white tweakers and you get this shit.

Also: structural engineers who were sent to Trona to assess quake damage are having a hard time figuring out which buildings the quake wrecked vs the natural wear and tear produced by the aforementionrd generations of tweakers.

Fucking Trona makes California City look like Beverly Hills. I wish I was kidding.

Edit: Some moron paid $9995.00 in 2016 for this apartment building that got burned down sometime in the 1990s. It's still there on Google street view. I've seen it in person and couldn't believe the county didn't bulldoze it sometime in the intervening decades.

I visited California once... it was kinda like Fallout in real life.

Nasty Old Person

I dox myself when I think about you
kiwifarms.net
Palmdale. Fuck that place. I had to go through there once and it was just some ugly desolate wasteland and some person was standing outside in the sun begging for money. That city is depressing. As for Bernardino, I love to look at Press Enterprise because every day something bad is happening in the IE. It's like Downey.
Little Rock (a "suburb" of Palmdale along Hwy 138 going east) is even worse. You really don't want to have to stop your car for any reason, even if you're on fire.

The only stores along that stretch sell either jerky or antiques. Neither are worth risking your life.

It's as if the apocalypse started there, went through the inland empire, then came back to Little Rock to add some extra horror.

The only realistic fix for these desert hellholes would be an asteroid strike.

Oscar Wildean

Bitchiest motherfucker in town.
kiwifarms.net
Little Rock (a "suburb" of Palmdale along Hwy 138 going east) is even worse. You really don't want to have to stop your car for any reason, even if you're on fire.

The only stores along that stretch sell either jerky or antiques. Neither are worth risking your life.

It's as if the apocalypse started there, went through the inland empire, then came back to Little Rock to add some extra horror.

The only realistic fix for these desert hellholes would be an asteroid strike.
I preferred driving for three hours looking at an empty desert to going into Palmdale.

• Feels
Reactions: The Great Chandler

Fibonacci

Koning der Pijpbeurt
kiwifarms.net
I preferred driving for three hours looking at an empty desert to going into Palmdale.
Driving through the Mojave always makes me feel like I'm in a Cars movie. When I was in my teens and I moved out to Vegas for work, I remember driving through Barstow (where the 58, 15 and 40 meet) at 2 in the morning and everything looked vacant and old, like from the 40's old. It was a literal ghost town save for abandoned-looking cars everywhere, as if all the people had long died and cars had become the dominant race. Now it still looks the same, but with tonnes of traffic day and night passing through.

The Great Chandler

"Pickleless girls don't marry virgin boys"
kiwifarms.net
Lancaster/Palmdale used to be somewhat nice; we stayed in Palmdale for a bit in the early 70s.
My dad had just retired and was looking for work at the aircraft factories, but not long after we arrived places began shutting down.
Then LA and SB county started dumping ex-convicts and their families there, and gangs started moving in.
And the desert areas have always attracted a somewhat odd group of people, add meth to the whole thing and you have quite the party.
Having lived in the AV area, I remember it being somewhat nice, even with the gang problem being a thing. Ever since moving from there in 2011, all I notice is how worse it keeps getting.

• Agree
Reactions: Cheesegirl78

Larry Anon

Poly-gendered Interdimensional TurboSlut
kiwifarms.net
Is it just me or is this whole "no massive earthquake" thing giving anyone else some serious blue balls?

All I want is for the entire west coast, from Vancouver to San Diego, to fall into the fucking ocean so that I can start planning my vacation in Arizona Bay. Is that too much to fucking ask? Jesus, I'm tired of waiting around for this shit.

Cedric_Eff

I’m the Lord of the Harvest!
kiwifarms.net
No wonder Boeing abandoned all the McDonell-Douglas facilities in California.

Sneed's Feed And Seed

Formerly Chuck's
kiwifarms.net
Is it just me or is this whole "no massive earthquake" thing giving anyone else some serious blue balls?

All I want is for the entire west coast, from Vancouver to San Diego, to fall into the fucking ocean so that I can start planning my vacation in Arizona Bay. Is that too much to fucking ask? Jesus, I'm tired of waiting around for this shit.
Split it along Highway 5 and we have ourselves a deal

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino