78 PERCENT OF AMERICANS ARE GRILLING PLANT-BASED MEAT THIS SUMMER

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If one does want to be a heathen and grill vegetarian/vegan, I wholeheartedly recommend black bean burgers. It isn’t meant to taste like hamburger and it has none of that artificial taste. Not as great as eating an actual hamburger, but if I had to do it without meat, I’d choose that.
yeah I've had a few different piles of stuff that was a patty-like thing but didn't try to be meat and it was pretty okay as its own thing

Poppavalyim Andropoff

Pussy Destroyer
kiwifarms.net
buying fake meat is a step sideways from having a dick rammed down your throat.

just make a meat alternative it's not hard

Enig

G5fags this is your mindset.
kiwifarms.net
It is now full swing autumn and I have used ground turkey whenever not eating beef because I have a functioning cerebellum and brainstem.

Slap47

Hehe xd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have these vegetarian burgers that overtly advertise themselves as a veggie product and don't even try to emulate meat. They're pretty god tier.

Pretty much every beef imitation I have ever tried has been terrible - Beyond Meat included. I can see this meat imitation trend dying and veggie products just standing on their own as good in their own way. Reducing meat by offering tasty alternatives instead of just imitating it seems like a route that should be pushed more than anything if you're gonna sperg about the environment.

ProblematicUser420

kiwifarms.net
I've always assumed that one day this is going to happen to me, but with a vegan burger or steak and I'll have the same reaction.

Daniel

kiwifarms.net
My theory is:

If you're a vegan and you're craving for this fake meat then it clearly shows that you miss eating meat, one way or another. Perhaps being a vegan/vegetarian is not a thing for you if you miss this type of food.

If you eat meat normally, then there is no reason at all to eat this stuff in the first place.

I know personally some vegans/vegetarians which get sick by the smell of cooked meat alone, so I can't really picture them eating this stuff.

This feels like a marketing gimmick, to be honest.

Occam's Spork

kiwifarms.net
I tried some of this stuff while working in a meat department at a grocery a couple years ago when the completely manufactured (much like the food product) craze was first starting to ramp up. I knew what it was, TVP aka soy with an assload of salt and aromatics and maybe a few other legumes or whatever in it for flavor. It's...well, not bad, but since I cooked it on a flattop, the weird orange "fat" that oozed out of it was slightly off-putting. I can see using it in certain dishes in place of tofu, but I def can't see eating an entire patty of it. It's also expensive, so the only real market I can see for the shit is vegans, consoomer sheep, hipster fags, and people with weird beef food allergies.

Their numbers are faker than a neo-vag/peen tho. At the store, the shit flew off the shelves for the first few months after it became available, but by the time I left that job, it wasn't a hefty mover. Bottom line is it simply tastes like something trying, but failing, to be a substitute for actual beef, and ground chuck at that. Like people have said, if you want a plant based veggie patty, there are quite a few tasty options if that's your thing. I enjoy black bean burgs, and veggies themselves are great on the grill to begin with. Root veg and such, and you can get creative with the others. Grill pole/string beans for a couple minutes on med-low, then toss grilled onion chunks into the water as you cook them. Grill kale. Butternut squash with sesame honey glaze, etc etc.

The simple fact is that for the most part, nobody really actually needs fake beef.

Duke Nukem

Спасите матушку Россию! Смерть Путину!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
yeah I've had a few different piles of stuff that was a patty-like thing but didn't try to be meat and it was pretty okay as its own thing
What I fail to understand is why the fake meat industry is as much of a thing as it is. I mean, why go out of your way to create a half baked imitation of something you wouldn't eat anyway?

It's almost as pointless as non-alcoholic beer.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
People who make imitation foods, especially meat imitations, are the trannies of the food industry.
Well it depends on why you are doing it, if you use meat immitation to make more profit on a "meal" sold in a $ store, thats fine-

Sweet and Savoury

Null-like homunculus
kiwifarms.net
My issue with the "fake meat" is not just the taste and texture but the nutritional value.

In order to make such bland plant matter taste well to your palate they chock it full of salts, fats and a host of other flavourings. It's actually a lot less healthy for you then your standard beef patty.

Just eat the beef and be happy.

Absolutego

Lay Down Upon This Heap of Orange
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My theory is:

If you're a vegan and you're craving for this fake meat then it clearly shows that you miss eating meat, one way or another. Perhaps being a vegan/vegetarian is not a thing for you if you miss this type of food.

If you eat meat normally, then there is no reason at all to eat this stuff in the first place.

I know personally some vegans/vegetarians which get sick by the smell of cooked meat alone, so I can't really picture them eating this stuff.

There are a bunch of vegans/vegetarians in my social circle. I have never heard enthusiasm for fake meat from any of them. The guys I have heard express enthusiasm are both DSA types who spout off about climate change ending the world in 5-15 years.
Mark my words, far lefties are going to be agitating for a red meat tax before 2030. That's what's behind the sudden fascination with imitation meat and vegetarian cuisine imitating real food.

Likely

kiwifarms.net
My theory is:

idk why people are so surprised about this

there are probably a lot of vegetarians or wanna-bes who think meat is bad for a reason but also think it's delicious.

also, all the shit about soy making you feminine is false, your fat ass makes more estrogen than a hundred gallons of soy milk. you shouldn't eat any of this garbage. but it tastes real good.

so idk, im a food autist. I wouldn't eat a hamburger normally. But, Id eat beyond or impossible or whatever over an aldi pre-made hamburger.

the real "soy" is eating processed garbage of any kind