8/15 - Sockness enabling Chris's Magi-Chan role-playing, luring him for a visit -

P

PL 001

kiwifarms.net
That’s incorrect, but I guess this isn’t the place to have that debate. Anyway, I think you’re taking the joke a bit too literally.
He's actually correct. Arthur Machen's The Great God Pan and Robert Chamber's The King in Yellow had shades of cosmic horror and entities unfathomable to the human consciousness decades before Lovecraft. One could make an argument for Algernon Blackwood's work as well.

Horror literature autism aside, I wonder if Sockness will end up being some new idea guy and inserting his occult bullshit into Chris's beliefs, making him his acolyte.

Saul

kiwifarms.net
He's actually correct. Arthur Machen's The Great God Pan and Robert Chamber's The King in Yellow had shades of cosmic horror and entities unfathomable to the human consciousness decades before Lovecraft. One could make an argument for Algernon Blackwood's work as well.

Horror literature autism aside, I wonder if Sockness will end up being some new idea guy and inserting his occult bullshit into Chris's beliefs, making him his acolyte.
It wouldn’t surprise anyone sockness was the next idea guy

Kingfisher9000

kiwifarms.net

Sure, but Lovecraft is credited as the one who defined it as a genre and really solidified the themes. To claim it was “done to death even before Lovecraft” is just absurd. Getting back on topic though, Sockness does seem desperate for Chris to accept his bizarre brand of pseudo-occultism. Although Chris seems highly dismissive of it, considering his recent comic where ponies kill off Sockness’ big bad in a single page. Jacob’s awful ideas aren’t ripped from an existing franchise, after all.

Last edited:

WutangLee

A simple Ramen merchant out to avenge his father
kiwifarms.net
Sure, but Lovecraft is credited as the one who defined it as a genre and really solidified the themes. To claim it was “done to death even before Lovecraft” is just absurd. Getting back on topic though, Sockness does seem desperate for Chris to accept his bizarre brand of pseudo-occultism. Although Chris seems highly dismissive of it, considering his recent comic where ponies kill off Sockness’ big bad in a single page. Jacob’s awful ideas aren’t ripped from an existing franchise, after all.
Chris is at the level of a 4 year old manchild. He would probably think 40k is dumb. Sockness seems to be stuck in middle school, and creates fucking stupidly absurd space shit.

duff101

Certified degenerate faggot
kiwifarms.net
Chris is at the level of a 4 year old manchild. He would probably think 40k is dumb. Sockness seems to be stuck in middle school, and creates fucking stupidly absurd space shit.
Also he is a master wizard. It really reeks of someone who has like zero power and control creating a world where they are the master of everything

Kingfisher9000

kiwifarms.net
Also he is a master wizard. It really reeks of someone who has like zero power and control creating a world where they are the master of everything
That’s what’s hilarious about Sockness’ make-believe magic. He burns some stuff, posts a pic of the smoke, and says “Welp, I just genocided a bazillion people on planet Bingbong for my dark masters!” By claiming the supposed effects of his rituals occur in another galaxy, he’s ensuring that his fantasy can never be disproven. Chris’ dimensional merge shit is equally dumb, but at least he has enough confidence to claim his delusions have an impact on the real world.

Last edited:

Saul

kiwifarms.net
That’s what’s hilarious about Sockness’ make-believe magic. He burns some stuff, posts a pic of the smoke, and says “Welp, I just genocided a bazillion people on planet Bingbong for my dark masters!” By claiming the supposed effects of his rituals occur in another galaxy, he’s ensuring that his fantasy can never be disproven. Chris’ dimensional merge shit is equally dumb, but at least he has enough confidence to claim his delusions have an impact on the real world.
He could be a satanist maybe

P

PL 001

kiwifarms.net
He could be a satanist maybe
LaVeyan Satanism doesn't go in for that crap. Satanic ritual is just meant as a prop and an outlet to emotionally and mentally decompress. Satanic "magic" is just real world techniques meant to manipulate others. It's really more of a philosophy similar to Ayn Rand's Objectivism than an actual religion.

Sockness is just a re.tard who thinks he's some dumbass amalgamation of Alistair Crowley and a D&D wizard.

Saul

kiwifarms.net
LaVeyan Satanism doesn't go in for that crap. Satanic ritual is just meant as a prop and an outlet to emotionally and mentally decompress. Satanic "magic" is just real world techniques meant to manipulate others. It's really more of a philosophy similar to Ayn Rand's Objectivism than an actual religion.

Sockness is just a re.tard who thinks he's some dumbass amalgamation of Alistair Crowley and a D&D wizard.
So just a larper then

FightenGnome

Amateur Christorian
kiwifarms.net
Read his books. He points out some of his "classist " undertones in a tale about inbred "white trash" in the backwoods. Also racial topics are easily spotted. Like Innsmouth people's phenotype is a clear reference to mix racing. But I don't think he was more "racist" than the average American during his time.

My understanding is that he was frustrated about his economic situation he was not successful as it was expected from someone who was part of the American elite at the time, WASPs.

Yeah...it must be because he was not wealthy despite being a "WASP", not because he was some quiet literature nerd who didn't want to be disturbed by a group of loud Blacks on the streets or outside his home or whatever.

Archetypes today are the same as they were all throughout recent history. Look at Mark Twain talk about the "Noble Savage" and how it was a myth and his description of the Amerindian of his time. Not too different from how I would describe your average Amerindian from my experiences with them in the 21st century.

Just like how back in the 80s and 90s there were "African-American" Gentlemen dancing in the streets to boom boxes, it was likely that there were Blacks singing or playing music with instruments in the street during Lovecraft's time. He probably found them annoying and obnoxious even though they weren't trying to be. Probably similar with a lot of other opinions he may hold such as on lower class Whites and others.

You can probably find lots of people with Lovecraft's sentiments today about other groups of people and disliking their habits, and it's not because they feel economically or racially entitled. Saying some nerd who writes science fiction didn't like Blacks because he wasn't wealthy is missing the mark.

Gunslinger

Do you like biscetti?
kiwifarms.net
I'm not even sure what they're supposed to do together even if they were together?

I mean if Barb doesn't shoot him, then he's probably just going to drug, probe and then erotic asphyxiate Chris out the second-story window when he's done. What else is there?
Nah they'll probably just end up sitting in Chris' bedroom playing with legos and brushing the hair of their My Little Pony dolls.

Roger Whore

Tell those colored boys we don’t need magazines.
kiwifarms.net
If you had to pick, who would you hang out with? Chris or Sockness the exceptional individual? I’d pick Chris to be honest. Sockness seems like a legitimate threat/predator compared to our Hero.

Jasonfan89

Ki ki ki ma ma ma
kiwifarms.net
If you had to pick, who would you hang out with? Chris or Sockness the exceptional individual? I’d pick Chris to be honest. Sockness seems like a legitimate threat/predator compared to our Hero.
Chris definitely just don't tell him where you live he WILL dox you.

Chris couldnt hurt anything bigger than a mouse and he only hurts animals by being negligent and irresponsible with them. Sockness thought has those knives to swing around and even cheesy flea market knives meant for weebs to show off are still dangerous weapons that he could hurt you with.

Jeremiad

kiwifarms.net
It's been a while since I've checked up on Chris. I'm glad to see the Jacob subplot is finally moving forward, but why the hell did Chris unblock him in the first place?

I have a feeling someone is going to wind up dead at the end of all this, and it ain't gonna be Barb.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino