Culture 8 In 10 Millennials Believe They Aren’t ‘Good Enough’ - Generation of cucks.

ForgedBlades

Milled wedges.
kiwifarms.net
Nearly six in ten millennials believe many of society’s expectations for them are unrealistic.

It feels like everyday there is another article published blaming millennials for this or that. A certain industry is in decline? Millennials must be involved. Not enough money being generated in certain sectors? Those stingy millennials are spending too much money on avocado toast again. Fair or not, young adults of this day and age have become a scapegoat of sorts for a myriad of societal problems and changes. What seems to be lost in this conversation is the effect all of this is having on many millennials’ mental health and self-confidence.

Now, a new survey consisting of 2,000 millennials (ages 22-38) has revealed some troubling statistics regarding how young adults see themselves in comparison to both their peers and older generations. An astounding eight in 10 flat out believe they are not “good enough” in virtually all areas of their lives. Furthermore, three quarters of the survey’s respondents admit that they constantly feel “overwhelmed” by pressure to succeed in their careers, find a meaningful romantic relationship, and meet others’ expectations.

Another seven in 10 millennials say that daily chores like going to the gym regularly, maintaining a presence on social media, and making enough money are among the top reasons why they feel overwhelmed from time to time. In all, 80% of respondents even say these worries have negatively impacted their sleep and 79% admit that their overall mental health has suffered.

The survey, commissioned by plant-based food producer Alpro, found that the average millennial feels inadequate roughly 130 times per year.

Perhaps our current social media culture that places status and appearance over everything else is also to blame for this disturbing trend among millennials. For example, many respondents say they feel great pressure to walk at least 10,000 steps each day, buy some property as soon as possible, own a nice car, and stay up to date on the latest fashion trends. And that’s not even accounting for other more mundane responsibilities such as staying on top of daily commitments, maintaining an active social life, making new friends, and eating enough fruits and vegetables.

Interestingly, 75% of respondents say that their efforts to succeed in life have actually had an adverse impact on their personal relationships. On a related note, six in 10 say that the pressure they feel to succeed professionally has had a negative effect on their careers.

So, where is all this pressure coming from? Over a quarter of respondents say their number one source of pressure is their parents, followed by a fifth of respondents who cite social media. An additional 17% say their peers and friends cause them the most pressure. A lot of pressure also comes directly from within, though, with around half saying they routinely place an unfair amount of pressure on themselves to succeed.

As far as gender differences, more millennial women (82%) reported dealing with constant self-esteem issues than men (73%). Women cited having enough money as the number one source of pressure in their lives, while men listed eating healthy as their more frequent and persistent presser.

All in all, 58% of respondents believe that many of society’s expectations for them are simply unrealistic.

The survey was conducted by OnePoll.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Another seven in 10 millennials say that daily chores like going to the gym regularly, maintaining a presence on social media, and making enough money are among the top reasons why they feel overwhelmed from time to time.
That's really just sad. Mental illness, especially depression, does lead to an inability to cope with basic everyday necessities, but 7 out of 10 saying this is way too high and reflects more on how they were raised than anything. Personally, I guarantee that either the article is overblowing this or the methodology is flawed, because men saying that simply eating healthy is their biggest stressor doesn't quite make sense if someone believes every part of themselves isn't good enough.

Adolf Honkler

kiwifarms.net
Is there actually such a thing as placing "too much pressure on yourself to succeed"? Do people realize that success used to actually mean life and death to people. In some places in the world it does still matter to that same end, if you don't succeed you don't get to eat. Modern amenities and abstractions really seem to take away the tactile feeling of success in our lives and make us second guess our actions and selves.

ZeCommissar

Cutest commissar this side of the segmentum
kiwifarms.net
Is there actually such a thing as placing "too much pressure on yourself to succeed"? Do people realize that success used to actually mean life and death to people. In some places in the world it does still matter to that same end, if you don't succeed you don't get to eat. Modern amenities and abstractions really seem to take away the tactile feeling of success in our lives and make us second guess our actions and selves.
NO

Success is me not having to work another day in my life, while having unlimited money to buy the newest consumer products, constantly going on trips around the world fucking tasting the local cuisine, and having all of my peers idolize me.

What is this boomer "even poor people are successful" shit???

This is pretty mundane shit lmao. "I can't eat enough veggies, exercise, AND work!" while people throughout history and even now struggle to even get above subsistence farming.

Too much focus on being "perfect". Who fucking cares if you don't go on social media? Who fucking cares that you skipped walking for a day? Wanting to self improve is one thing, but wanting to be perfect is another.

"'For those who seek perfection there can be no rest this side of the grave.'"

Oskar Dirlewanger

SS-Oberführer of 36th Waffen Grenadier Division
kiwifarms.net
Fact check: FALSE. Actually 10 of 10 "millenials" are worthless. "Millenials" wouldn't even be useful as a food source because their tissue has SSRI and benzo concentration so high their meat wouldn't pass regulations required of farm animals. In civilized countries there are prohibitions against the use of pregnant cow's tard cum to make dairy products because of the elevated estrogen levels, and the entire pathetic "millenial" race is far worse than that. Get the fuck out millenial, you should have get breast fed like a normal human, your chance at life is begotten.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
NO

Success is me not having to work another day in my life, while having unlimited money to buy the newest consumer products, constantly going on trips around the world fucking tasting the local cuisine, and having all of my peers idolize me.

This is pretty mundane shit lmao. "I can't eat enough veggies, exercise, AND work!" while people throughout history and even now struggle to even get above subsistence farming.

Too much focus on being "perfect". Who fucking cares if you don't go on social media? Who fucking cares that you skipped walking for a day? Wanting to self improve is one thing, but wanting to be perfect is another.

They got a think on your phone to tell you if your eating enough veggies
And you can post on social media when you poop

Mewtwo_Rain

Drown in the cesspool of darkness
kiwifarms.net
NO

Sadly, I see it as a absorption and almost cultish mentality of keeping up with the Jones concept.

If you aren't caught up to the crowd your life to some of these people has no value or meaning, and that is a pretty grim outlook on life ad can only lead to a negative outcome honestly.

The recent values adopted by our shift in culture is starting to show its wear and tear on the very sane fabric of the younger generations. (Not just millenials either)

No Exit

Quackers for eggnog
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The article is all blah blah millennials and I'm sitting here thinking millennial writers need to learn to fucking reduce fractions.
8/10 -> 4/5
6/10 -> 3/5
Fucking niggers needing their bigger numbers for clickbait garbage. The sample size is only 2,000 anyway hardly a big size. And everyone already knows the largest cause is social media and people's habits of comparing their worst to people's best.
Although as a millennial myself I do feel an overwhelming sense of failure in every aspect of my life... aside from social media presence anyway, that shits dumb.

Last edited:

Bagronkleton

kiwifarms.net
Sadly, I see it as a absorption and almost cultish mentality of keeping up with the Jones concept.

If you aren't caught up to the crowd your life to some of these people has no value or meaning, and that is a pretty grim outlook on life ad can only lead to a negative outcome honestly.

The recent values adopted by our shift in culture is starting to show its wear and tear on the very sane fabric of the younger generations. (Not just millenials either)
There is definitely a weird soul crushing push for perfection in younger generations. Purely anectodally, I work with someone fresh out of college. 4.0 student, worked multiple part time jobs throughout school, no debt, respectable degree, coaches on the side, and she's been driven into a corner physically, mentally, and emotionally. I keep telling her that getting a four year degree with no debt owed is impressive as fuck at her age with cost of education being what it is.

But between academic pressures, peer pressures and more important pressure from her own family to be better and constantly compare her to others... Well.. She's burned the fuck out and breaks down over trivial stuff any given day. It's sad as hell, really.

Imposter Syndrome in general has set in deep. It creates a weird generational funk which is gonna take a lot of unfucking to fix.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
The article is all blah blah millennials and I'm sitting here thinking millennial writers need to learn to fucking reduce fractions.
8/10 -> 4/5
6/10 -> 3/5
Fucking niggers needing their bigger numbers for clickbait garbage. The sample size is only 2,000 anyway hardly a big size. And everyone already knows the largest cause is social media and people's habits of comparing their worst to people's best.
Although as a millennial myself I do feel an overwhelming sense of failure in every aspect of my life... aside from social media presence anyway, that shits dumb.
So long as a poll has more then 300 people its of sufficient sample size [Thats how Gaussian distributions work]

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net
Social media is a cancer on society and the source of most of our problems. It’s fucked with younger generations and the source of their feelings of inadequacy. I didn’t have to grow up with rich people constantly bombarding me with their expensive cars/houses, luxury goods, fancy dinners and trips etc.

Millenials don’t understand it’s all fake. These influencer idiots are either majorily in debt, living at home with mom and dad, have a very wealthy spouse, companies are sending them free shit and gifting them free trips or discounts. Most influences don’t ever mention it because it destroys the image

I see influencers with a different Chanel purse for every post, (easily $100k in bags if purchased new), brand new designer clothes, cars etc. The only people really making money are the ones who got in early like David Dobrik, PDP, etc. The rest are all living illusions for followers and to get that free shit.

Look at Ninja’s wife, bitch is a backwater, white trans blond bimbo who wears Louis Vuitton constantly. She did nothing to earn that and her rise to fame was being with Ninja. It’s easy for kids to look at that and get overwhelmed. It’s beat to keep kids off social media these days.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino