Culture 8 In 10 Millennials Believe They Aren’t ‘Good Enough’ - Generation of cucks.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Social media is a cancer on society and the source of most of our problems. It’s fucked with younger generations and the source of their feelings of inadequacy. I didn’t have to grow up with rich people constantly bombarding me with their expensive cars/houses, luxury goods, fancy dinners and trips etc.

Millenials don’t understand it’s all fake. These influencer idiots are either majorily in debt, living at home with mom and dad, have a very wealthy spouse, companies are sending them free shit and gifting them free trips or discounts. Most influences don’t ever mention it because it destroys the image

I see influencers with a different Chanel purse for every post, (easily $100k in bags if purchased new), brand new designer clothes, cars etc. The only people really making money are the ones who got in early like David Dobrik, PDP, etc. The rest are all living illusions for followers and to get that free shit.
Also why do you want to be like some plastic fake person on social media and not be like yourself?

Honest Coyote

Non-predatory sexual and non-sexual predator
kiwifarms.net
If you are successful, you don't have to do anything. You've made it. I'm not where I want to be in all aspects of my life; that's not a bad thing, it just means I have work left to do. Not being happy with your finances can mean everything from totally broke to not paying off loans as fast as you'd like. Not being happy with your diet can either be an inferiority thing or a desire to be better. For most of us, absolute success in your 20's is impossible, but it's also not the finish line.

Screw Danlon

The Truncated White Man
kiwifarms.net
That's really just sad. Mental illness, especially depression, does lead to an inability to cope with basic everyday necessities, but 7 out of 10 saying this is way too high and reflects more on how they were raised than anything. Personally, I guarantee that either the article is overblowing this or the methodology is flawed, because men saying that simply eating healthy is their biggest stressor doesn't quite make sense if someone believes every part of themselves isn't good enough.
I don’t know. I think we’re in this weird post-scarcity gulf where most people are high enough up Maslow’s Heirarchy to have all their basic needs filled, but they aren’t wealthy enough and aren’t fulfilled enough to have full self-actualization. And all of those are perfect examples - indulgences and conveniences but not MEANINGFUL ones that help tangibly procure our basic needs or improve our sense of wellbeing and pride.

If an actual study drew that link, I’d be willing to believe that that stagnation is causing a significant percentage of people to have a form of pseudo-depression. So I’ll just hypothesize it and wait for science to vindicate me.

Last edited:

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

kiwifarms.net
Is there actually such a thing as placing "too much pressure on yourself to succeed"? Do people realize that success used to actually mean life and death to people. In some places in the world it does still matter to that same end, if you don't succeed you don't get to eat. Modern amenities and abstractions really seem to take away the tactile feeling of success in our lives and make us second guess our actions and selves.
Success? I'll never be successful in any meaningful way because the only thing I've ever wanted is to continue living forever even long after the earth is gone. Of course that sort of thing just isn't feasible and so ultimately I'm doomed to failure no matter how hard I try. After all how can I usurp a God that I don't even believe in?

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net
Also why do you want to be like some plastic fake person on social media and not be like yourself?
Millenials don’t see it that way, it’s hard for them to understand that shit due to what goes on around them, at school (peer pressure), when they received participation medals growing up. I see a huge difference between kids raised in the US vs Europe.

Freddy Freaker

Herald of the Superior Future
kiwifarms.net
I don't mean to be all "born in the wrong generation" but I fucking hate my generation (being born in the very tail end of the millennial generation)
I was born smack in the middle and am surrounded by idiots. I know that feel.

Anyways, sometimes I feel that way but things have gotten better since I took control and made some solid goals. I was a wreck between bombing trying to do meteorology and starting my IT associate. Ditching my toxic gf helped too.

I sympathize with these other dudes struggling with stress and depression. With the exception of "muh social media". Take. A. Fucking. Break. I barely use social media since my senior year of high school and am a million times better off for it. Fuck that narcicistic keeping up with the joneses bullshit.

Last edited:

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Millenials don’t see it that way, it’s hard for them to understand that shit due to what goes on around them, at school (peer pressure), when they received participation medals growing up. I see a huge difference between kids raised in the US vs Europe.
I understand a lot of Millennial think....thats a thing I dont

No Exit

I was only pretending to not be exceptional
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Social media is a cancer on society and the source of most of our problems. It’s fucked with younger generations and the source of their feelings of inadequacy. I didn’t have to grow up with rich people constantly bombarding me with their expensive cars/houses, luxury goods, fancy dinners and trips etc.

Millenials don’t understand it’s all fake. These influencer idiots are either majorily in debt, living at home with mom and dad, have a very wealthy spouse, companies are sending them free shit and gifting them free trips or discounts. Most influences don’t ever mention it because it destroys the image

I see influencers with a different Chanel purse for every post, (easily $100k in bags if purchased new), brand new designer clothes, cars etc. The only people really making money are the ones who got in early like David Dobrik, PDP, etc. The rest are all living illusions for followers and to get that free shit.

Look at Ninja’s wife, bitch is a backwater, white trans blond bimbo who wears Louis Vuitton constantly. She did nothing to earn that and her rise to fame was being with Ninja. It’s easy for kids to look at that and get overwhelmed. It’s beat to keep kids off social media these days.
I don't think it's solely social media. I want to say it was mostly from false expectations. People make fun of millenials for expecting everything but we had a success formula ground into our heads from birth. School -> degree -> $super job$. As I get older I've realized there's a lot more effort and finesse that goes into success than just following the simple steps but at this point I've already missed a lot of opportunity and I know a few people my age who feel the same. The chance for success is still there but now it feels like I'm behind and have to deal with later 20's stuff on top of going back to do early 20's stuff.

Freddy Freaker

Herald of the Superior Future
kiwifarms.net
Care to ellaborate? I'm guessing Europe wasn't as big on gold stars for everyone or is there more to it?

Mewtwo_Rain

Drown in the cesspool of darkness
kiwifarms.net
This is an expectation hoisted on the young by society.

We can sit around claiming "individuality is great: Unique people are awesome!" However, when you enter society you learn that's not true at all. Most people are not unique or individualistic, and treat those who are with disdain or even harsh contempt, and thus the social skills those kind of people (aside from the mass of society) is either to conform, be an outcast, or die. Plainly put.

Then you see those who act like "fakes." are rewarded with wealth, money and success, and it creates the concept in mind, being yourself isn't successful, being unique is a lonely existence, and not being part of society or acting how it wants you to will only lead to misery or a negative outcome.

It doesn't help parents these days are perpetuating this same nonsense, and most people can't break out of this societal "reality bubble."

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
We can sit around claiming "individuality is great: Unique people are awesome!" However, when you enter society you learn that's not true at all. Most people are not unique or individualistic, and treat those who are with disdain or even harsh contempt, and thus the social skills those kind of people (aside from the mass of society) is either to conform, be an outcast, or die. Plainly put.
But society isn't saying being individual and unique is great. They are saying hegemonic diversity is great

Mewtwo_Rain

kiwifarms.net
But society isn't saying being individual and unique is great. They are saying hegemonic diversity is great
More or less I'm talking about the old claims from when I was in school. It used to be before this progressive dive that "uniqueness, being an individual was great."

It has never been, and studies have shown as such, even your example you just stated is proof, if you disagree with the mass that "diversity is dog shit." What do you get for standing against the grain? Contempt, hatred, disgust from your peers. The large mass of society (The normies) will often go along with whoever shouts louder and take that side. Those pushing diversity shout and squeal and even if normies don't wholesale agree, they buy into the claims of dishonesty from that group over time. It's how basic indoctrination and societal bubbles (via indoctrination and peer pressure) form.

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net
Care to ellaborate? I'm guessing Europe wasn't as big on gold stars for everyone or is there more to it?
I don’t see kids over there obsessing over social media because they’re not growing up with iPhone and iPads in their face 24/7. They’re not “always online” like all the sad brained twatter idiots in the US or the Chinese/Japanese. I’m talking about mainland Europe primarily.

They focus more on having kids play and they’re raised by their grandparents a lot.

Jet Fuel Johnny

Full Metal Sperg
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wonder how much of this goes all the back to the whole "Doctor Spock" phase in the 60's/70's when it came to parenting. (Not the pointy eared dude, a real doctor) The whole "reaffirm your child" and "go moderate on the discipline" that warped into "never yell at your child/never spank your child/never discipline your child/always fulfill your child needs/tell them at all times how special they are" thanks to pop-culture and people hearing about the book third and fourth hand. Then added to CPS taking away kids for being grounded while letting crackheads keep the child they were pimping out. Then the schools becoming a replacement for parenting as the parents still wanted to act like they were in their 20's and single instead of being parents.

Being told your special and great and perfect and everyone loves you right up until you hit the real world, where you find out that nobody gives a shit about you, life isn't fair, and you don't get what you want all the time.

Now they don't have coping skills to enable them to deal with life looking at them and going "LOL No" about shit, finding out that the majority of your money goes to bills.

They can't enjoy the little things in life, they can't find pleasure in the simple easy things, and they can't find happiness no matter how much pop-culture they consume.

Religion at least told you God loved you and Jesus would be there for you and at the end of it all you'd be welcomed with open arms by either Satan or God depending on how you lived your life and treated your neighbors.

Marvel and Disney and Apple just say "Buy our next product, slave..."

So they feel like they aren't good enough because they don't have self-discipline, they can't find any meaning or happiness in anything, and they think they should be uber-rich with no cares in the world and all of their money that they got for working 8 hours a week going straight to luxuries in their 2 story 12-room house plated in gold with robot servants and a brown person to boss around.

We live in one of the most affluent times in human history, with even the poorest Westerner having a quality of life that even the nobility of the 1600's would be jealous of. We can instantly communicate with people 10,000 miles away, have a portable secretary and sage right in our pocket, and can go 600 miles driving in comfort in a single day.

And they don't feel their good enough?

And they say that work/exercise/social media takes up too much time. Who the fuck taught them that?

Somehow, somewhere, people went from thinking that struggle was the default so savor your moments of happiness and contentment to happiness is the default state and everything that interrupts that state must be purged from reality.

I wonder if it all stared with Doctor Spock?

Mewtwo_Rain

kiwifarms.net
I wonder how much of this goes all the back to the whole "Doctor Spock" phase in the 60's/70's when it came to parenting. (Not the pointy eared dude, a real doctor) The whole "reaffirm your child" and "go moderate on the discipline" that warped into "never yell at your child/never spank your child/never discipline your child/always fulfill your child needs/tell them at all times how special they are" thanks to pop-culture and people hearing about the book third and fourth hand. Then added to CPS taking away kids for being grounded while letting crackheads keep the child they were pimping out. Then the schools becoming a replacement for parenting as the parents still wanted to act like they were in their 20's and single instead of being parents.

Being told your special and great and perfect and everyone loves you right up until you hit the real world, where you find out that nobody gives a shit about you, life isn't fair, and you don't get what you want all the time.

Now they don't have coping skills to enable them to deal with life looking at them and going "LOL No" about shit, finding out that the majority of your money goes to bills.

They can't enjoy the little things in life, they can't find pleasure in the simple easy things, and they can't find happiness no matter how much pop-culture they consume.

Religion at least told you God loved you and Jesus would be there for you and at the end of it all you'd be welcomed with open arms by either Satan or God depending on how you lived your life and treated your neighbors.

Marvel and Disney and Apple just say "Buy our next product, slave..."

So they feel like they aren't good enough because they don't have self-discipline, they can't find any meaning or happiness in anything, and they think they should be uber-rich with no cares in the world and all of their money that they got for working 8 hours a week going straight to luxuries in their 2 story 12-room house plated in gold with robot servants and a brown person to boss around.

We live in one of the most affluent times in human history, with even the poorest Westerner having a quality of life that even the nobility of the 1600's would be jealous of. We can instantly communicate with people 10,000 miles away, have a portable secretary and sage right in our pocket, and can go 600 miles driving in comfort in a single day.

And they don't feel their good enough?

And they say that work/exercise/social media takes up too much time. Who the fuck taught them that?

Somehow, somewhere, people went from thinking that struggle was the default so savor your moments of happiness and contentment to happiness is the default state and everything that interrupts that state must be purged from reality.

I wonder if it all stared with Doctor Spock?
I fully agree for the most part with your analysis of what's occurred. Though I'd also argue this belief that replacing God in society structures with money has also been a huge detriment. Morals don't matter, only winning and money does mentality. The moral relativism concept, and more.

I would argue though people are watching the quality in the west decline due to certain factors and are being pushed to the brink in some aspects, so it's not merely sunshine and roses as one might expect especially depending on where you live, but outside of that, it also comes down to people are suffering from "grass is greener on the other side-ism"

In regards to purging anything that interrupts any happiness, this sugar coating of reality has been happening for far longer. It became a huge issue in many churches when many went from "Brimstone" teachings to the ludicrous "Everyone's good, you're all perfect" pastors type concept that began being adopted to not offend the sensibilities of social groups. (In this specific example or anecdote the church itself.)

Personally, I think purpose in life has been replaced with a greedy and empty hallow achievement grand plan where people only value money and everything else is on the back burner, and now we are all reaping the results of not correcting it sooner to some degree or at least the younger generation is. Don't even get started on the propoganda floating around where people think the world is ending, they are guilty of X, and what not which also takes a harsh toll on their psyche and aims for the future as well.

Hux

kiwifarms.net
I'm just gonna ask this the same question I ask for every poll with these "x out of 10 y's say" titles: "What Millenials, Where?"

Reactions: BONE_Buddy
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino