Culture 8 In 10 Millennials Believe They Aren’t ‘Good Enough’ - Generation of cucks.

kcbbq

A Shaggs record would be a sound investment
kiwifarms.net
What utter bullshit.

Guess what...millennials are like any other group. There will be a wide range of abilities and talents among them. Yeah, you have the snowflakes and the slackers, but we had limpdicks and slackers thirty years ago. So don't tar all millennials, or boomers, or whatever with the same brush. Deal with them as people.

You also have a lot of millennials in the military, many of whom are in or have seen combat. I'd say as a group they'd say they are good enough to do or be anything.

Look around you. Might be surprised how many millennials you see in various jobs. As time goes by millennials will be doing more and more. That young doctor who's treating your illness - a millennial. The firefighter who comes to save your house, or get your ass out of your wrecked car - a millennial. That chef at your favorite restaurant - a millennial.

Those who say they don't feel "good enough", regardless of generational cohort - fuck 'em, let them stand by while everyone else makes something out of their lives. That's the word from Uncle Joe.
It's different now because there's nearly an entire generation that has never been told "no". That has effects.

Token Weaboo

We're here to liberate you, stop resisting
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's the constant access to the internet, media and social media. I was much happier and more creative person before I got a smart phone. I've even thought about reverting back to a flipper so I don't have to be connected all the time. Between being addicted to negative news, being let down by a system that put students into tons of debt and constantly seeing the facade of "living my best life" of others while trying to uphold that as well causes unnecessary drain. Get off of social media, limit your news intake (and actually find a hobby and work on something. It's easy to start a habit, it's much harder to get out of it. Being a generation that never had to really work for anything until they gradated turned them lazy.

I know I have my faults starting my own projects, I'm self aware.

I'm glad my parents raised me the way they did.

Captain Chromosome

kiwifarms.net
You also have a lot of millennials in the military, many of whom are in or have seen combat. I'd say as a group they'd say they are good enough to do or be anything.
True, I salute those brave millennial soldiers dilating for our rights.

OneEyedCool

kiwifarms.net
We're the most over-educated and under-informed generation in decades, and probably the first generation that "failed to launch" since before World War II.
They aren't "educated" in the traditional standard. Classical ed is the real standard, the 1950s way of public schooling isn't even here not since 30 years ago.

Gen Y grew up on corn syrup and soy lecithin that's turned them into adults with kids faces. So no, they wouldn't be good enough to physically survive, or even mentally task, the labor of tactfully fighting a bear in an 1840s wilderness. The meganational corporations got rid of the original biology of previous ancestors with subversive chemical and undetected tastefully artificial ingredients that's biologically fucking you in the ass for generations to come.

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's different now because there's nearly an entire generation that has never been told "no". That has effects.
I hear you, but would say far more of these millennials than you might think have, in fact, been told "no". Not only that, believe far more of these millennials than you might think are able to tell themselves "no", meaning they have self-control.

Agree, some of these millennials may have never been told "no". These will tend to be your snowflakes and slackers. Fuck 'em. Plenty of millennials out there who are neither snowflakes nor slackers.

In my opinion, if you read much of the MSM or play with "social media", it is easy to think millennials as a group are worthless. Wrong. I base my judgments upon what I see and the people I see, eschewing the MSM and "social media". Remember, those who control the MSM and "social media" have a viewpoint/narrative they are trying to impress upon their users. They fear those who think for themselves.

TheBest

Wanna-be cyborg
kiwifarms.net
I learned to stop giving a shit about social media in general. Alongside the privacy selling, it creates a sense of inadequacy when you see someone post how rich they are or where they're traveling to. No one would want to post anything negative and show how shitty their life really is, essentially it creates a fog, but those who don't realize are the true suckers.

Dirty Mug

Unwashed mass
kiwifarms.net
I learned to stop giving a shit about social media in general. Alongside the privacy selling, it creates a sense of inadequacy when you see someone post how rich they are or where they're traveling to. No one would want to post anything negative and show how shitty their life really is, essentially it creates a fog, but those who don't realize are the true suckers.
It also creates an impression you need to make yourself "social media presentable." Might be why the millennials surveyed believe managing their social media is becoming a burden.
Most of what I saw in my timeline, back when I was using Facebook regularly, were just blatant fishing for asspats. Fuck no, I won't like your posts on "self care" and "loving yourself every day" and the selfie collages that get posted every goddamn hour, usually from the same kinds of people. It gets tiring fast.

Positron

No more Jingle Bells, hon!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So when do they start self flagellating?
Why would they? It is society's fault, as always. They consider themselves "not good enough" because mom and dad and Trump don't give them everything they demands.
"58% of respondents believe that many of society’s expectations for them are simply unrealistic."

Drunk and Pour

kiwifarms.net
I hear you, but would say far more of these millennials than you might think have, in fact, been told "no". Not only that, believe far more of these millennials than you might think are able to tell themselves "no", meaning they have self-control.

Agree, some of these millennials may have never been told "no". These will tend to be your snowflakes and slackers. Fuck 'em. Plenty of millennials out there who are neither snowflakes nor slackers.

In my opinion, if you read much of the MSM or play with "social media", it is easy to think millennials as a group are worthless. Wrong. I base my judgments upon what I see and the people I see, eschewing the MSM and "social media". Remember, those who control the MSM and "social media" have a viewpoint/narrative they are trying to impress upon their users. They fear those who think for themselves.
This is interesting. I always have that in the back of my mind. I work with college kids and I'm always wondering if they are like these news stories I read, being an old Gen-Xer. They seem alright, though I do see some of them sneaking to check their phone. But as someone who was in college during 9/11, literally in class as it happened, and someone who was hit hard during the great resection of 2008, I've seen things change since I was fresh out of high school.

Clem Fandango

Can you hear me?
kiwifarms.net
Same here. People can hate on the Boomers all they want, but I stand by my assertion that the Millennials are the worst generation in recent American history.

We're the most over-educated and under-informed generation in decades, and probably the first generation that "failed to launch" since before World War II.

Between the piss-poor way that most Millennials were raised as kids and the Great Recession hitting when the bulk of them were just entering adulthood or were in high school and being spoon-fed a lot of outdated and over-simplified information, a lot of the Millennial generation are now stuck economically and thanks to misinformation from the corrupt academic system and the mega-corporations, a lot of them went woke so they can try to blame someone else for why their lives are miserable and also absolve themselves of their own failures and mistakes.
I don't really disagree but this whole "Great Recession" phrase is really a pet peeve of mine. It's clearly been cooked up to make it sound comparable to the Great Depression, when it wasn't really that big a deal, and definitely not a continuing excuse for failures in their 20s to keep harping on about.

In the Great Depression people were eating their fucking shoes. In 2008, you might have had to move back in with mum and dad. At the end of the day, it was just a recession, and it lasted, what, two years? Hell I graduated in 2008 and if I didn't watch the news I wouldn't have even known it was happening.

It feels like something Dems have been pushing to get Obama off the hook for basically accomplishing fuck all during his two terms.

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Speaking as an early model millennial, I'm one of the 8. There's various reasons for that, but mostly it's because of social media. Do we really need entire salted-earth sections of the web to be dedicated to narcissists and whackjobs? Because that's what social media is, for the most part.

My mental health got an awful lot better when I stopped comparing myself to people I used to know because a lot of them were just humblebragging and cockwaving. Also I got shot of all the stupid fucking drama. I now mostly post memes and in a few interest groups where we've got a proper community, and in point and laugh groups as well.

muh_moobs

Lord of mspaint shitposts
kiwifarms.net
8 in 10 millenials are useless, though.

Ultimately, though, this is the end result of the trophy generation. When everyone is a special perfect snowflake, no one is. Millenials were given an easy ride for the sake of their "self-esteem" and can't hack life in the real world. Lets not forget that this is the same generation that show up to job interviews with their parents in tow and ten years ago had articles being written about their unstoppable confidence and how they were going to change the world.

I remember an article I read many years ago in which a business executive was asked about why he was reluctant to hire millenials, and he described an incident in which an interviewee fresh out of post-secondary, when asked where she saw herself in five years, honestly believed it when she told him she would have his position. It took him 25 years and a Masters degree along with a lot of hard work to get to where he was.

Last edited:

Wallace

Cram it in me, baby!
kiwifarms.net
Speaking as an early model millennial, I'm one of the 8. There's various reasons for that, but mostly it's because of social media. Do we really need entire salted-earth sections of the web to be dedicated to narcissists and whackjobs? Because that's what social media is, for the most part.

My mental health got an awful lot better when I stopped comparing myself to people I used to know because a lot of them were just humblebragging and cockwaving. Also I got shot of all the stupid fucking drama. I now mostly post memes and in a few interest groups where we've got a proper community, and in point and laugh groups as well.
Another vote for overuse of social media being a major cause. When you surround yourself with pictures of your peers being so much more successful than you (Facebook), messages about how the world is going to hell in a handbasket (Twitter), and a constantly changing web of trends that you must master if you want to keep your seat at the cool kids' table (both), it should not come as a surprise that your mental health takes a hit.

As I've said before, if religion is the opiate of the masses, Twitter is crystal meth. Not sure what Facebook would be in this metaphor... some non-sedating opioid?

• Winner
Reactions: Syaoran Li

muh_moobs

kiwifarms.net
More or less I'm talking about the old claims from when I was in school. It used to be before this progressive dive that "uniqueness, being an individual was great."

It has never been, and studies have shown as such, even your example you just stated is proof, if you disagree with the mass that "diversity is dog shit." What do you get for standing against the grain? Contempt, hatred, disgust from your peers. The large mass of society (The normies) will often go along with whoever shouts louder and take that side. Those pushing diversity shout and squeal and even if normies don't wholesale agree, they buy into the claims of dishonesty from that group over time. It's how basic indoctrination and societal bubbles (via indoctrination and peer pressure) form.
Snowflake-ism was the foundation for current-year IdPol progressiveness.

I wonder how much of this goes all the back to the whole "Doctor Spock" phase in the 60's/70's when it came to parenting. (Not the pointy eared dude, a real doctor) The whole "reaffirm your child" and "go moderate on the discipline" that warped into "never yell at your child/never spank your child/never discipline your child/always fulfill your child needs/tell them at all times how special they are" thanks to pop-culture and people hearing about the book third and fourth hand. Then added to CPS taking away kids for being grounded while letting crackheads keep the child they were pimping out. Then the schools becoming a replacement for parenting as the parents still wanted to act like they were in their 20's and single instead of being parents.

Being told your special and great and perfect and everyone loves you right up until you hit the real world, where you find out that nobody gives a shit about you, life isn't fair, and you don't get what you want all the time.

Now they don't have coping skills to enable them to deal with life looking at them and going "LOL No" about shit, finding out that the majority of your money goes to bills.

They can't enjoy the little things in life, they can't find pleasure in the simple easy things, and they can't find happiness no matter how much pop-culture they consume.

Religion at least told you God loved you and Jesus would be there for you and at the end of it all you'd be welcomed with open arms by either Satan or God depending on how you lived your life and treated your neighbors.

Marvel and Disney and Apple just say "Buy our next product, slave..."

So they feel like they aren't good enough because they don't have self-discipline, they can't find any meaning or happiness in anything, and they think they should be uber-rich with no cares in the world and all of their money that they got for working 8 hours a week going straight to luxuries in their 2 story 12-room house plated in gold with robot servants and a brown person to boss around.

We live in one of the most affluent times in human history, with even the poorest Westerner having a quality of life that even the nobility of the 1600's would be jealous of. We can instantly communicate with people 10,000 miles away, have a portable secretary and sage right in our pocket, and can go 600 miles driving in comfort in a single day.

And they don't feel their good enough?

And they say that work/exercise/social media takes up too much time. Who the fuck taught them that?

Somehow, somewhere, people went from thinking that struggle was the default so savor your moments of happiness and contentment to happiness is the default state and everything that interrupts that state must be purged from reality.

I wonder if it all stared with Doctor Spock?
Note to mods: This is likely a double post, and I know that. When I've finished the thread I'll fix it myself.

It is entirely Dr. Spock.

Dr. Spock paved the way for "everyone is special" which paved the way for IdPol. Social Media/technology reinforce the snowflake mentality by innately pandering to people's vanity. By keeping people upset and isolated, they keep them blind to reality, which then creates a loop that reinforces the same.

"I'm special and great, but no one treats me like a god. I need to show them how great and special and unique I am. Then they'll see!"
"What, they didn't notice? What's wrong with those people? Don't they see how great I am? What assholes! REEEE"

Last edited:

Coleslaw

kiwifarms.net
The article is all blah blah millennials and I'm sitting here thinking millennial writers need to learn to fucking reduce fractions.
8/10 -> 4/5
6/10 -> 3/5
Fucking niggers needing their bigger numbers for clickbait garbage. The sample size is only 2,000 anyway hardly a big size. And everyone already knows the largest cause is social media and people's habits of comparing their worst to people's best.
Although as a millennial myself I do feel an overwhelming sense of failure in every aspect of my life... aside from social media presence anyway, that shits dumb.
You either have a simple fraction or use a percentage when the denominator is something ungodly like 17 or 33, this is basic shit.

muh_moobs

kiwifarms.net
What utter bullshit.

Guess what...millennials are like any other group. There will be a wide range of abilities and talents among them. Yeah, you have the snowflakes and the slackers, but we had limpdicks and slackers thirty years ago. So don't tar all millennials, or boomers, or whatever with the same brush. Deal with them as people.

Look around you. Might be surprised how many millennials you see in various jobs. As time goes by millennials will be doing more and more. That young doctor who's treating your illness - a millennial. The firefighter who comes to save your house, or get your ass out of your wrecked car - a millennial. That chef at your favorite restaurant - a millennial.

Those who say they don't feel "good enough", regardless of generational cohort - fuck 'em, let them stand by while everyone else makes something out of their lives. That's the word from Uncle Joe.
You're describing the other 20%. Notice how our society is staying young but the workforce is aging? Millenials as a general rule are trash.

• Winner
Reactions: Syaoran Li
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino