Culture 8 In 10 Millennials Believe They Aren’t ‘Good Enough’ - Generation of cucks.

Clem Fandango

Can you hear me?
kiwifarms.net
You're describing the other 20%. Notice how our society is staying young but the workforce is aging? Millenials as a general rule are trash.
I think the major change I've seen over my lifetime is that being independent and self-sufficient used to be seen as a laudable thing. Kids couldn't wait to get a car so they could go where they like, move out of their parents' house so they could live how they like, etc. Now all that shit is called "adulting" and young people seem to fucking hate it.

muh_moobs

Lord of mspaint shitposts
kiwifarms.net
I think the major change I've seen over my lifetime is that being independent and self-sufficient used to be seen as a laudable thing. Kids couldn't wait to get a car so they could go where they like, move out of their parents' house so they could live how they like, etc. Now all that shit is called "adulting" and young people seem to fucking hate it.
Gen X parents were too concerned with being a friend to their kids and coddling them. Because they never said "no" millenials were never given a drive to achieve freedom. Why buy a car when your parents will drive you everywhere whenever you want?

la mort

do they pay you to screw that bear?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think depression is related to the inability to react to failure. Parents teach you what you do to succeed, but nobody teaches you that you can do everything right and still fail in some way. If parents taught kids that life is shit most of the time, there would be less depressed adults.

MrJokerRager

I like me some nice big boobs
kiwifarms.net
It's the constant access to the internet, media and social media. I was much happier and more creative person before I got a smart phone. I've even thought about reverting back to a flipper so I don't have to be connected all the time. Between being addicted to negative news, being let down by a system that put students into tons of debt and constantly seeing the facade of "living my best life" of others while trying to uphold that as well causes unnecessary drain. Get off of social media, limit your news intake (and actually find a hobby and work on something. It's easy to start a habit, it's much harder to get out of it. Being a generation that never had to really work for anything until they gradated turned them lazy.

I know I have my faults starting my own projects, I'm self aware.

I'm glad my parents raised me the way they did.
I try but they make it hard to make me fully use my second amendment rights to own whatever I want without having to deal with magazine restrictions and waiting periods.

MrJokerRager

I like me some nice big boobs
kiwifarms.net
Well they’re not wrong. Take this stunning and brave example brought to us by Tim Pool.

yep, Millenial Snowflake Journalist has no idea what farms are.
Kyle kulinski doesn't strike as one of the snowflake types. He concentrates more on left leaning economic policies and foreign policy rather than the culture war stuff that Tim pool concentrates on.

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This. I had to live with my old man for my first year out of law college and commute into London every day. It sucked like a very sucky thing, but I had no bloody money. I was so relieved when I scrambled enough cashola together to move out. Yeah, it was a shitty rented shoebox in Hackney, but it was my shitty rented shoebox. And I didn't have the Crashing Boar moaning at me all the fucking time.

Do you know, I actually felt embarrassment at having to stay with my old man for that first year?

Then along come my fellow millennials and brag about how they have "adulted well" because they had a job interview. What the fuck do they want, a clap?

Token Weaboo

We're here to liberate you, stop resisting
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I try but they make it hard to make me fully use my second amendment rights to own whatever I want without having to deal with magazine restrictions and waiting periods.
That's a byproduct of their media consumption being overwhelming. More specifically I believe you are referring to SJW's or anti gun rights people over Millennials in general. If you get pounded with the same shit over and over you end up hearing stuff like that. I feel especially bad for gun-nuts in this span of time due to stupid stuff like this. Magazine restrictions don't change much. Reloading a magazine doesn't take that long.

OneEyedCool

kiwifarms.net
I don't really disagree but this whole "Great Recession" phrase is really a pet peeve of mine. It's clearly been cooked up to make it sound comparable to the Great Depression, when it wasn't really that big a deal, and definitely not a continuing excuse for failures in their 20s to keep harping on about.
I believe the phrase was meant directed to only those who lost their entire house and property during the bubble and the number of those people was abnormally high in a very short period. The people it hit were actually Boomers and Xers after mid-life and it was just the oldest Millennials couldn't get started on a bank loan yet right after college.

What's worse than adulting is that there are Boomers who actually expect and want boomerang kids to stay with them and at the same time blame them for not being independent.

Gen X parents were too concerned with being a friend to their kids and coddling them. Because they never said "no" millenials were never given a drive to achieve freedom. Why buy a car when your parents will drive you everywhere whenever you want?
Curious question. Was the Silent Generation as harsh and cold in physically disciplining their you Xers in the 1970s like the Greatest Generation did to Boomers?

I think depression is related to the inability to react to failure. Parents teach you what you do to succeed, but nobody teaches you that you can do everything right and still fail in some way. If parents taught kids that life is shit most of the time, there would be less depressed adults.
The amount of fun Generation Y had growing up wasn't good for development and they don't know how to feel when life is just going to be dull for long lengths of time.

vertexwindi

Diddy in space, even though he's not
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This. I had to live with my old man for my first year out of law college and commute into London every day. It sucked like a very sucky thing, but I had no bloody money. I was so relieved when I scrambled enough cashola together to move out. Yeah, it was a shitty rented shoebox in Hackney, but it was my shitty rented shoebox. And I didn't have the Crashing Boar moaning at me all the fucking time.

Do you know, I actually felt embarrassment at having to stay with my old man for that first year?

Then along come my fellow millennials and brag about how they have "adulted well" because they had a job interview. What the fuck do they want, a clap?
To be kind of fair, it's really fucking hard to even find an affordable shed to rent these days.

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
Youth is told to aim for the sky while the elderly harass them for not being at the bottom. There's a complete void in the center; the grind, the ups and downs, success and failures, that they never learn to know. They enter school on one end and expect to come out the other and instantly get hired, while those who DID do the grind, now in their 40-60, blame them for not having to do that themselves, and as such won't hire them.

I'm not depressed myself but I do recognize many of the things discussed here. Almost as if we're adopting a world of depression and let it seep into people rather than the other way. I find myself ignoring people who are "out there" in the digital world and prefer those who reject it (not in a cow'ish manner) and focus on their own things. Even having a physical hobby is a fucking diamond in the rough these days, but also a clear indication that someone has rejected that entire life of always having to argue politics and prove themselves.

I'm young and even if I die, I exit better than I came in. I'm just here for a laff and it's a seemingly healthy way to live.

Rogue Boob

Bish, please.
kiwifarms.net
Curious question. Was the Silent Generation as harsh and cold in physically disciplining their you Xers in the 1970s like the Greatest Generation did to Boomers?
Yes, actually. I was raised by a pair of Silents. When all the feel-good everyone-wins-for-just-showing-up bullshit started hitting the public school scene, it confused me no end because I had totally not been taught that way up to that point.

Reactions: JambledUpWords

Jet Fuel Johnny

Full Metal Sperg
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not quite sure what you're asking here.

But growing up in the 70's was weird. You had the kids who were catered to by their former hippy parents, then the kids who came to school with bruises and blank stares, then the kids that just didn't care.

Then there was coming home. Every kid had it different. Latchkey kids. Kids taking care of high/drunk parents. Kids who's parents swooped down on them like hawks.

OneEyedCool

kiwifarms.net
Yes, actually. I was raised by a pair of Silents. When all the feel-good everyone-wins-for-just-showing-up bullshit started hitting the public school scene, it confused me no end because I had totally not been taught that way up to that point.
Did they smack you across the room? Bodyslam? Tear up one of your comic books when you were supposed to be losing a privilege as a punishment? Use a few kitchen instruments to hit you on the back of the head?

software

ok zoomer.
kiwifarms.net
Did they smack you across the room? Bodyslam? Tear up one of your comic books when you were supposed to be losing a privilege as a punishment? Use a few kitchen instruments to hit you on the back of the head?
I thought that was just called rural parenting. Don't forget about being told to pick your own branch from the willow tree, which which your ass was going to be beaten.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino