9/11 conspiracy, your thoughts?

Hasharin

kiwifarms.net
It's more likely that U.S. government started all that conspiracy theory shit in order to appear more powerful than it really is.

Q

QI 541

kiwifarms.net
Hulk Hogan said:
Brother, just know that it was NOT the Hulkster, despite what Bobby "The Brain" Heenan claims. He paid The Genius to photoshop this image, man

hulk-hogan-vs-world-trade-centre.jpg

I'm sooo going to hell for laughing at this.

Caddchef

Grade - F Destruction
kiwifarms.net
raymond said:
Hulk Hogan said:
Brother, just know that it was NOT the Hulkster, despite what Bobby "The Brain" Heenan claims. He paid The Genius to photoshop this image, man

I'll see you there buddy, the bottom right one got me.

Pikimon

Exceptionally Overachieving Mexican
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My boyfriend unfortunatly believes in them...and just like his religious beliefs Im not allowed to poke fun at them...at least not openly

Judge Holden

TRVE BVCK BREAKER
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Caddchef said:
raymond said:
Hulk Hogan said:

I'll see you there buddy, the bottom right one got me.

and me, jesus christ am in man love with the hulk

Pikonic

Pre Merge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can't find a video clip so forgive me.

To quote South Park, "All the 9/11 conspiracy websites are run by the government, the 9/11 conspiracy… is a government conspiracy."

Bugaboo

It is a good day to do what has to be done by me
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I thik 9/11 conspiracies are disrespectful to the people who died in the towers and in the aftermath of it all. I think we should all just agree that it happened and it was pretty bad.

Picklepower

This isnt even my final form
kiwifarms.net
If this exists please show me, but I would be curious to see a survey of 9/11 conspiracy theory acceptance world wide. From what I've heard these conspiracies have some following in Asia, and well obviously the Middle East. I don't quite remember, but didn't a pretty well known Japanese politician say he thought it was government conspiracy?

Pikonic

Pre Merge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Picklepower said:
If this exists please show me, but I would be curious to see a survey of 9/11 conspiracy theory acceptance world wide. From what I've heard these conspiracies have some following in Asia, and well obviously the Middle East. I don't quite remember, but didn't a pretty well known Japanese politician say he thought it was government conspiracy?
I got dragged to a Conspiricy Theroy Convention here in CT. It was a bunch of tin foil hats (figuratively) hissing whenever this guy brought up Bush (literally). The big argument was the whole steel melting argument. When we got a chance to privately speak to this guy, I mentioned the building could still collapse with jet fuel softening the steel at that temp and not melting it. He patted me on the head and told me to seek out the truth. I never felt so stupid in my life until I realized who I with.

Judge Holden

TRVE BVCK BREAKER
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To be honest, the recent epidemic of syria conspiracy theories (i.e. "theres NO WAY Assad has done anything wrong, its all the evil imperialistic capitalistic neo liberal west, or them damn dirty je..Israelis somehow doing the gas attacks") among the far left in the UK make me pine for the days of 9/11 conspiracy theories because at least 9/11 conspiracy theorists pretended to have proof

The Dude

Make a difference in life. Gas a furry.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The government couldn't even keep the fact that President Bubba got a blow job by a fat ugly intern in the oval office under wraps, so how does a False Flag op involving disappearing several air liners and the people on those airliners, and hundreds if not a few thousand government employees , including military personnel, killing thousands of their countrymen under wraps?

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Like some the people on this forum have said, I too find these 9/11 conspiracies to be completely stupid and disrespectful to those who died. The only good they brought was seeing it get mocked on South Park. I do wonder why these truthers believe these theories. Perhaps they believe in it because they hate Bush and the U.S. government or perhaps they just want attention and believe themselves to be special people who aren't "sheep" like the rest of the masses.

Holdek

Down to where? All that is down is only the floor.
kiwifarms.net
Blue Max said:
Now, 10+ years afterward, we can say he didn't have any idea what he was doing and was totally over his head, but we didn't know that then.

I did. Anyone paying attention to his presidential campaign could tell pretty quickly that he was :stupid: . What we didn't realize was that 9-11 could happen and we would desperately need a non :stupid: president to steer the course.

Pikimon said:
My boyfriend unfortunatly believes in them...and just like his religious beliefs Im not allowed to poke fun at them...at least not openly

Why not?

Picklepower said:

I saw some polls on it recently...it was pretty even across the board except for some unusual spikes. The exception was the middle east where pluralities, and in a couple of cases majorities, think Israel did it.

c-no said:
Like some the people on this forum have said, I too find these 9/11 conspiracies to be completely stupid and disrespectful to those who died. The only good they brought was seeing it get mocked on South Park. I do wonder why these truthers believe these theories. Perhaps they believe in it because they hate Bush and the U.S. government or perhaps they just want attention and believe themselves to be special people who aren't "sheep" like the rest of the masses.

9-11 was unexpected and traumatic. For many it becomes easier to live with if they can find easy "answers" that lie in the sophisticated machinations of a well understood conspiracy than it is to face the fact, and live with the resulting anxiety, that dudes with box cutters and a few flight lessons can kill thousands of people and fuck up the country you call home, in one shot. If they know the "real truth" then it at least gives them some feeling of understanding, and thus control, about what is in reality an inherently chaotic and often indifferent world.

Some JERK

I ain't drunk, I'm just drinkin'
kiwifarms.net
Holdek said:
9-11 was unexpected and traumatic. For many it becomes easier to live with if they can find easy "answers" that lie in the sophisticated machinations of a well understood conspiracy than it is to face the fact, and live with the resulting anxiety, that dudes with box cutters and a few flight lessons can kill thousands of people and fuck up the country you call home in one shot. If they know the "real truth" then it at least gives them some feeling of understanding, and thus control, about what is in reality an inherently chaotic and often indifferent world.
I think that's it exactly. For a lot of people it's easier to believe that two massive buildings were intentionally demolished than it is for them to wrap their heads around the physics/weights involved or to understand just how fragile those towering monstrosities truly can be, especially given that they may live or work in one.

Globe

baby you look great today
kiwifarms.net
c-no said:
I do wonder why these truthers believe these theories. Perhaps they believe in it because they hate Bush and the U.S. government or perhaps they just want attention and believe themselves to be special people who aren't "sheep" like the rest of the masses.
I'm sure I'm going to rustle at least a few jimmies by saying this, but 9/11 truthers, and conspiracy theories in general, always struck me as being just another article of faith. I'm not trying to say the two are completely analogous and I don't doubt that there's such a thing as 150% genuine religious belief, but I know plenty of people who accept whatever religion they were raised on (mostly southern Baptism where I live) because they're really desperate to believe in an almighty, all-powerful god that loves them and looks out for them, and they'll take the argument over evidence and interpretation of doctrine and all the other conundrums of religious belief with complete indifference because that oneneed is fulfilled. Like those folks, conspiracy theorists are really desperate to believe in an ultra-secret, global illuminati-orchestrated conspiracy that only they are smart enough to understand. They're so desperate, in fact, that they'll gladly ignore anything that contradicts it.

Holdek

Down to where? All that is down is only the floor.
kiwifarms.net
I think it also gives people a sense of empowerment. Like, most people can't get involved in the fight against Al Qaeda. But if you're "spreading the truth" against a conspiratorial government you feel like it's an us vs. them battle that you can at least participate in on your own terms. Also there's comradere with fellow "truthers" which increases that feeling.

Pine Tar

Disrespecting skeletons
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Judge Holden said:
To be honest, the recent epidemic of syria conspiracy theories (i.e. "theres NO WAY Assad has done anything wrong, its all the evil imperialistic capitalistic neo liberal west, or them damn dirty je..Israelis somehow doing the gas attacks") among the far left in the UK make me pine for the days of 9/11 conspiracy theories because at least 9/11 conspiracy theorists pretended to have proof

Oh, God, one of the people I'm friends with on FB believes that tripe.

Kamen Rider Black RX

Winner: Cole Smithey Award for Valued Opinion
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I believe that the United States purposely chose not to act despite having the intel to know about the attack. However, I also believe that they thought that the attack would not cause so many casualties. They just wanted a minor terror attack so they could go to war. It just was more effective than people would have believed.

Afterwords, the republicans used it as justification for war in the Middle East and Bush purposely directed the assault towards Iraq on behalf of the oil industry and some ties to Saudi Arabia. Reports show that after they got there, there was no intent to find Osama.

That sound about right guys?