9/11 conspiracy, your thoughts?

Oglooger

One of few based™ oldfags
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
hulkhogandid911.jpg

PvtRichardCranium

kiwifarms.net
There are some people who say that the people on the planes aren't really dead and are being paid by the government to stay in hiding.

Fuck you in the neck.

Picklepower

This isnt even my final form
kiwifarms.net
I'm not a truther anymore, but I do gotta say one thing that may be controversial. Many of the people that believe it was any kind of inside job, or some alternate explanation, are not actually bad people, and they aren't actually trying to offend the victims families, (for the most part, remember there are various alternate conspiracy narratives) They are wrong, (I believe) but they don't have an evil motive, they believe they are exposing the real truth, so I would attack the arguments and not the person making them. If you believed the government committed terrorism against its own people, and are surrounded by people that share your view, then of course you would be vocal, in your head it would be the right thing to do.

Well I wasn't active in the official, truther community or anything, I just believed it was an inside job. I didn't believe the anti-Semitic version of the conspiracy though, like the retarded claim that, no Jews were in the buildings that day. I believed the Loose Change narrative. Even my mother bought into the conspiracy kinda, which was a surprise to me, cause I never even talked to her about it.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Picklepower said:
I'm not a truther anymore, but I do gotta say one thing that may be controversial. Many of the people that believe it was any kind of inside job, or some alternate explanation, are not actually bad people, and they aren't actually trying to offend the victims families, (for the most part, remember there are various alternate conspiracy narratives) They are wrong, (I believe) but they don't have an evil motive, they believe they are exposing the real truth, so I would attack the arguments and not the person making them. If you believed the government committed terrorism against its own people, and are surrounded by people that share your view, then of course you would be vocal, in your head it would be the right thing to do.

Well I wasn't active in the official, truther community or anything, I just believed it was an inside job. I didn't believe the anti-Semitic version of the conspiracy though, like the retarded claim that, no Jews were in the buildings that day. I believed the Loose Change narrative. Even my mother bought into the conspiracy kinda, which was a surprise to me, cause I never even talked to her about it.
They're not bad people, they're people with extremely stupid ideas.

I know I'm not always going to agree with people. And usually, even if I don't agree with someone, most of the time, I can still respect their opinion. But there are limits to that. Sometimes, you just reach the nutjob level. And I don't feel bad shaming nutjobs for their crazy beliefs. Remember, nutjobs can still vote.

Really, the big reason I don't discuss the 9/11 conspiracy theories that often is because I don't think truthers are a practical risk to anything important. They're like crazies on the sidewalk, I mostly ignore them because they're not worth my time.

Holdek

Down to where? All that is down is only the floor.
kiwifarms.net
Kamen Rider Black said:
I believe that the United States purposely chose not to act despite having the intel to know about the attack. However, I also believe that they thought that the attack would not cause so many casualties. They just wanted a minor terror attack so they could go to war. It just was more effective than people would have believed.

Afterwords, the republicans used it as justification for war in the Middle East and Bush purposely directed the assault towards Iraq on behalf of the oil industry and some ties to Saudi Arabia. Reports show that after they got there, there was no intent to find Osama.

That sound about right guys?

No.

Holdek

kiwifarms.net
Picklepower said:

I just think it's inconsiderate to promote these theories because it trivializes the horror of what really happened into some kind of fantasy.

Picklepower

kiwifarms.net
Oh I can totally see it that way too, for example in that Popular Mechanic interview, the truther who if I remember right, was one of the Loose Change directors, came off as a pompous jackass, and not as someone spreading what he believes is the truth, because he actually cares. Funny, I heard one of the directors has now distanced himself from the movement, and his views have went to something like, "Bush just knew it was going to happen and let it", which while just as bad, is radically different then what they present in the movie, this Idea that the government actively caused the event.

Kamen Rider Black RX

Winner: Cole Smithey Award for Valued Opinion
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Holdek said:
I just think it's inconsiderate to promote these theories because it trivializes the horror of what really happened into some kind of fantasy.

I'm going to disagree. There are a lot of questions about what happened leading up to the attack, and the States actions in the Middle-East raise the eyes of some. Not finding out the answers to these questions would be like if the police didn't investigate murders, except on a much larger scale.

Holdek

kiwifarms.net
Picklepower said:
Oh I can totally see it that way too, for example in that Popular Mechanic interview, the truther who if I remember right, was one of the Loose Change directors, came off as a pompous jackass, and not as someone spreading what he believes is the truth, because he actually cares. Funny, I heard one of the directors has now distanced himself from the movement, and his views have went to something like, "Bush just knew it was going to happen and let it", which while just as bad, is radically different then what they present in the movie, this Idea that the government actively caused the event.

There's been like three different Loose Change editions due to people pointing out flaws in the filmmakers' understanding of things like basic structural engineering and materials science.

Kamen Rider Black said:
Holdek said:

I'm going to disagree. There are a lot of questions about what happened leading up to the attack, and the States actions in the Middle-East raise the eyes of some. Not finding out the answers to these questions would be like if the police didn't investigate murders, except on a much larger scale.

Except these issues have been investigated. And if people want to investigate further that's okay too. But they should do it in an intelligent way and if they end up with outlandish conclusions they had better have the evidence to support them. But they don't.

Picklepower

kiwifarms.net
I know, I think I saw the 3rd version. And that shitty Zeitgeist. Although I saw Zeitgeist after I stopped believing the conspiracy.

fuzzypickles

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As much as I feel that the government has taken advantage of the event too far, I feel that any conspiracy theory is plain retarded. None of them account for the fact that it would be impossible to pull them off without someone being suspicious. There would have been reports made months, if not years, before the attack detailing operations on the scale of 9/11. I also read that for some of the theories, entire rooms in the buildings would have to be gutted to make room for the thermite needed to take them down. In short, I refuse to listen to idiots who spew crap such as "de gub'mint dunnit".