9/11 memorial thread -

edboy

cum tribute
kiwifarms.net
I took back my feels rating 'cause I've found the video (well, audio).
Oh damn, 6+ video versions that I had in my liked videos playlist were taken down, so I assumed they were all taken down... Thanks for pretty much finding what I couldn't.

Floop

Accidental Spy Kids reference
kiwifarms.net
The memes are great, but I still get chills watching the footage. It was the day of innocence lost but I was too confused to understand exactly why. My best friend was never the same after that day, and it was as if the sun was never as bright as it was the day before. And the night before, too, my school had an ice cream social and everyone was just having a good time. It was a surreal experience.
What?! Kiwis aren’t supposed to be human!
85882224-75AD-4678-AB32-5B4C9B240C75.jpeg

Pinochet's Pilot

...so to speak
kiwifarms.net
My best friend was never the same after that day
Why? Did he lose someone in the attack?

I mean, I get it, it was fucking horrific and nobody was really "the same" after that because all of the sudden Islamic terrorism was less of an abstraction, but I just don't get having an emotional meltdown for something that killed .00001 percent of the population.

I didn't even live in an Eastern timezone when it happened and everyone was freaking out because they thought "the list" was something like this:

1.) Twin Towers
2.) Pentagon
3.) Whever the one that crashed in Pennsylvania was supposed to hit
4.) Our fucking suburban town that nobody cares about that is several hours away by plane from the east

And it was just a nonsensical panic. There were hours-long gas lines and gas stations jacked fuel prices to $6/gal and people just shut off their power and sat in the basement in the dark with guns.

If there ever is a real "The Happening", society is totally fucked because of the goddamn emotional meltdown.

Exuvia

kiwifarms.net
Steve Reich composed a piece about 9/11 which involved the use of voice recordings. The 1st movement is about the day of the attack, the 2nd is about residents of the neighborhood being interviewed in 2010, the 3rd is about the care of the bodies as the process of identification took place.

Reactions: Maskull

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
kiwifarms.net
Why? Did he lose someone in the attack?

I mean, I get it, it was fucking horrific and nobody was really "the same" after that because all of the sudden Islamic terrorism was less of an abstraction, but I just don't get having an emotional meltdown for something that killed .00001 percent of the population.
I should've clarified, but my friend was from New York and had family there, including one who worked near the towers, and she and her brother were absent from school for a couple days trying to get into contact and praying all the while (they were Catholic, albeit the Easter and Christmas Catholics). The family member was safe, but she was an emotional wreck afterwards for the rest of the year. Then for the next couple of years, she got more testy and angry but also buried herself in current events; I remember her brother having one of those "Bin Laden's body bag" props in his room. While being aware of current events isn't bad at all (for a ten-year-old, maybe it was? I dunno), it was just fueling her more. She moved out-of-state before middle school and we lost contact, so who knows how she did if she ever channeled her anger in a more healthy manner or not.

It was pretty sad to see her change as a person as a result of the attacks.

• Feels
Reactions: Tommy Wiseau Kin

Pinochet's Pilot

...so to speak
kiwifarms.net
I should've clarified, but my friend was from New York and had family there, including one who worked near the towers, and she and her brother were absent from school for a couple days trying to get into contact
Yeah, that makes more sense; can't imagine what actually being "involved" even if indirectly would do to emotional well-being.

The only impact 9/11 really had on me was to snap me out of my brief-but-faggy "conscientious objector" teenage phase, so thanks Osama.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
It's weird that in just another two years 9/11 will be 20 years ago.

My memories are strangely muddled and don't make perfect sense, but I was very young, only 11 in fact.

But I remember my mom waking me up and telling me that there was a terrorist attack on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, but I seem to remember watching the second plane hit live, although I could be wrong.

The whole thing just seemed so unreal to me, I was too young to really grasp the full weight of it so while obviously I was sad and all that, it was just too heavy for me to really think about too much, I mean for one thing I was young and naive enough that I assumed the adult world would work things out ok and I as a kid didn't really need to worry too much about it.

• Feels
Reactions: Gator Young Henning

Digital Thunder

Sans but Purple
kiwifarms.net
I only regularly remember 9/11 because my parents' wedding anniversary falls on that date, with the day of the attacks marking their 8th. My dad watched the towers fall from our rooftop, and my mom had to walk several miles home out of ground zero's vicinity. I was barely one year old then so I've got nothing to offer about the emotions in the immediate aftermath.

I'd ask them about what it was like again, but it's really annoying for me to think about the attacks when I regard September 11th as their day first and foremost (even if it kind of got nicked from them).

• Feels
Reactions: Gator Young Henning

Dubito11

kiwifarms.net
As much as this day really gets to me(family/friends who were there or part of emergency services), I'm actually glad that I can watch videos mocking the event and genuinely laugh. It helps me put the whole terrible event into perspective. Funny how this is one of the few places I can get both sides of that emotional coin.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino