• ”Then I realised he's not sane in the head.”
  1. The site will be going down for maintenance on February 24th for the XenForo 2 upgrade. Read more. (Update Feb-13)

Sonichu [9/23/15] Printed "Number Zero" Book Now Available Through Lulu

Discussion in 'Christian Weston Chandler' started by Meester Siemen, Sep 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Let alone recording that DVD in SLP/EP mode to start with.

Let alone thinking it was drawn with a mouse when it was a tablet. He'd certainly wouldn't waste his talent on that than he does with tangible products, though seeing him hold a Wacom pen in an odd manner might bug me.

To him, those are just meaningless numbers. Chris reminds me of my mom in some way, she understood how to wire up a whole house illegally to cable TV, but could never figure out what hooking up a stereo meant. Some people are just like that, being practical than technical. I hate trying to knock sense into these people, I simply give up.

If only Chris had the foresight to make a hi-res master of these pages with the Comic Sans font and simply shrunk those done for the web, it would've paid off well for him years down the road when this Lulu thing came up.

• Like Like x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  2. Because I am an autistic piece of shit, I also bought one of them. I figured it was cheap enough that I didn't mind, just to see how it came out.

As you expected, it came out like shit.

The cover is pixelated and shitty, Chris really obviously just stretched out whatever resized image he happened to have on his PC at the time, rather than rescan the original or do anything that required any effort.

The spine is completely fucked up, and spills over onto the back of the book, making it totally useless -- the bottom half of text can't be viewed from the side. If by some shitty reason you ever wanted to buy multiple future issues to put on your shelf, you'd never be able to tell which one is which. I don't know if this is because he just copied/pasted a book spine he assumed would work, or if he really underestimated how big the book would be. Probably both. The result is that the cover is one of the worst things in comic history. It honestly is so poorly done and so low quality that if Chris wasn't saying it was his I would assume this was a troll attempt to make him look bad.

The back cover is significantly less pixelated, but still looks like garbage because it is, of course, drawn all in markers and pen by Chris.

The paper used is matte and looks like the lowest quality/cheapest option he could get it printed on. Someone else mentioned it looks like "draft" quality and that pictures make it better -- it seriously is so ugly and the resolution so low, it looks like a test page, and I can't even capture how shitty it is on camera. I've purchased comics from Lulu before, and they weren't nearly this bad, so there must be varying levels of publishing quality (or Lulu themselves has dropped in quality significantly -- it's been years) and Chris picked the worst.

So, it's exactly what you expect. Low quality and no effort by Chris other than uploading it. He didn't even check to see if things fit on the cover.

• Informative Informative x 21
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    #82 Jay Owen, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    Jay Owen

Jay Owen Crush a can for me.

kiwifarms.net
  3. It's almost better that it's a steaming pile of hedgehog dung.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Tubular Monkey

Tubular Monkey Very much Greatly extroverted

kiwifarms.net
  4. Chris's Lulu account is down.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  5. The most ironic part us, Chris isn't cutting corners on these productions deliberately. He just doesn't know anything about the technology or the artistic process. But if you tried to educate him, he'd get pissed at the suggestion that he should do more than he's doing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Alec Benson Leary

Alec Benson Leary Creator of Asperchu
    Christorical Figure

kiwifarms.net
  6. Yeah, may have gotten pulled. The product page is also gone. Not surprising, honestly. The real question is if it was pulled for copyright/content issues or because it's simply so poorly done.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Jay Owen

kiwifarms.net
  7. I want to think both!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  8. My guess is copyright issues rather than quality issues, considering what Lulu allows onto their site (NSFW)

Screen Shot 2015-10-11 at 10.12.10 AM.png

I wonder what he's gonna do about the Etsy pre-orders?

Piga Dgrifm

Piga Dgrifm Where are those good old fashioned values?
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. Now I wonder who ratted Chris out to Lulu to get those books off their 'shelves'? It wasn't that hard to point out the IP swipes to them I'm sure.

kiwifarms.net
  10. lulu.png

• Informative Informative x 8
    The American Hedgehog

Supervisor True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. How is this the fault of haters? From what I can tell the only hate comes from the fact that he paid for the cheapest production package.

• Agree Agree x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  12. If I had to guess, I'd say it was a pretty cool guy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Piga Dgrifm

Piga Dgrifm Where are those good old fashioned values?
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. Cool guys snitching or not, lulu took it down because it's a copyright violation.

Chris is like those fat trashy guests on ricki lake who respond to legitimate criticism with "y'all don't know me" and "I do what I want".

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Alec Benson Leary

Alec Benson Leary Creator of Asperchu
    Christorical Figure

kiwifarms.net
  14. I'm probably overestimating Chris, but this seems like a good way for him to harvest addresses. If you buy from Lulu, you got it shipped straight to you -- he'd never know who bought it. This way, he knows every single person who buys it and where they live.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Jay Owen

kiwifarms.net
  15. I call 'em party poopers!

Knew there was a catch.

• Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  16. Chris added a paragraph to his listing on Etsy:

**Please note: This is the ONLY way to order the book; I have the books printed through Lulu.com. And each copy sent from me will be shipped in a plastic Comic Book Sleeve with cardboard lining, inside a large envelope. My price here covers shipping from there to me, and then to you. Thank you.

Chris said he changed the access for the listing to private.

The American Hedgehog

Supervisor True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  17. So wait, does this mean Chris is sitting on a pile of comics he had printed before the listing was taken down? Good luck selling those after people found out about the print quality.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Kosher Dill

Kosher Dill Potato Chips
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. Let alone piggy-backing on the entire thing.

kiwifarms.net
  19. Wow, Chris is being really shady about this. There is zero reason for him to do this, other than trying to skim some extra money off the top on each one he sells, or to track who is buying them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Jay Owen

kiwifarms.net
  20. Certainly is (he is his own middleman). I don't suppose he'll get into deep s--t for this one.

kiwifarms.net
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.