• Illegal immigrant

Votes: 26 10.0%
  • Sentient Assault Rifle That Must Be Banned

Votes: 99 38.1%

• Total voters

CWCchange

ǝƃuɐɥɔƆMƆ
kiwifarms.net
I watched this all day and just got back to my computer.

The most interesting thing about this whole situation so far has been the shit response police/airport personnel had to the incident, helicopter footage was mostly hoards of people walking aimlessly across every part of the tarmac because nobody was directing them. Police and civilians alike were also taking cover/laying on the ground for a couple hours after the attack ended because the authority's couldn't communicate properly as to whether there was a second shooter after they had already cleared the area where they thought a second guy might have been.
It appears the concept of airport security before the gates and once somebody is off a plane has been completely forgotten, and should have been addressed after seeing what happened in Istanbul last June.

Sailor_Jupiter

"There is no answer to the Jupi question!"
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not real Florida. In real Florida he'd have been shot dead and eaten by bathsalt zombies.
The people in Florida have been mating with the weirdest expats from the other states for so long that they've evolved into a new species.

Awww fuck, he's from Alaska. No wonder he's a fucking tard. Alaska National Guard will take any swinging dick exceptional individual... though I don't think National Guard units typically see any actual action in deployments, considering they're the asshole of the armed forces.

In short - what a fucking ninny.

P.S. Allowing people to transport both guns and ammo and then receive them both while still in the airport is probably not the best of ideas specifically for reasons like this. Maybe institute a new policy whereby ammunition can be transported separately and returned in a special part of the terminal that then exits directly onto the street? IDK.

Techpriest

Praise the Machine Spirits
kiwifarms.net
Awww fuck, he's from Alaska. No wonder he's a fucking tard. Alaska National Guard will take any swinging dick exceptional individual... though I don't think National Guard units typically see any actual action in deployments, considering they're the asshole of the armed forces.

In short - what a fucking ninny.

P.S. Allowing people to transport both guns and ammo and then receive them both while still in the airport is probably not the best of ideas specifically for reasons like this. Maybe institute a new policy whereby ammunition can be transported separately and returned in a special part of the terminal that then exits directly onto the street? IDK.
National Guard actually see a decent amount of combat - usually they're support or second line units though.

National Guard actually see a decent amount of combat - usually they're support or second line units though.
Back when I lived in the 907 state, a neighbor was a serving Nat'l Guardsman. His whole deployment was spent in Kuwait or some other near-Iraq shithole (this was around 2005 or 2006ish), no combat, no action, nothing. Just fucking around in Kuwait for however long it was and then back.

At least that's what he told me. Maybe he just didn't want to talk about killin' ragheads with me.

76LD910

Non Casual Observer
kiwifarms.net
I don't think airport security had much to do with this to be honest. My understanding is that the shooting took place in an area outside the high security perimeter where anyone can walk in and out of. Basically this is no different then if he had just driven to the airport.

In fact this was one of the first indications that this might not be terrorism because why would anyone fly across the country, through multiple airports, and on several planes with a checked 9mm to conduct a terrorist attack in the lobby of this specific airport when he could have just walked in the front gate (or any other public area) with an assault rifle and an entire bag full of ammo and explosives ?

Last edited:
I don't think airport security had much to do with this to be honest. My understanding is that the shooting took place in an area where anyone can walk in and out of.
IDK if the baggage claim area is THAT easy to access from the street, but

In fact this was one of the first indications that this might not be terrorism because why would anyone fly across the country, through multiple airports, and on several planes with a checked 9mm to conduct a terrorist attack in the lobby of this specific airport when he could have just walked in the front gate (or any public area really) with an assault rifle and an entire bag full of ammo and explosives ?
This is true, makes little sense if the guy was going for pure kill count.

Sounds like a nutter.

Sailor_Jupiter

"There is no answer to the Jupi question!"
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe the TSA groped him too many times...

Who on earth flies with a gun and live ammo?! :(

A lot of people who carry concealed check their carry weapon and retrieve it after they land.

Lots of people who just don't want the TSA stealing their expensive dragon dildos put a gun in the suitcase and that gives them the right to use non-TSA locks and not get their shit searched and possibly stolen. I know a few guys who use a bare AR-15 lower which is legally a firearm to do the job, because it weighs nearly nothing and takes up little space.

buffaloWildWings

She rides astride the Beast
kiwifarms.net
Back when I lived in the 907 state, a neighbor was a serving Nat'l Guardsman. His whole deployment was spent in Kuwait or some other near-Iraq shithole (this was around 2005 or 2006ish), no combat, no action, nothing. Just fucking around in Kuwait for however long it was and then back.

At least that's what he told me. Maybe he just didn't want to talk about killin' ragheads with me.
Killing ragheads is why you join the military! And free college.

CervixHammer

Internet ist Krieg
kiwifarms.net
he's wearing a Disturbed shirt in one picture which obviously means GamerGate did it.

blurred-out babby.jpg

>tfw Disturbed quit twitter, so there won't be like 30 all-caps tweets about this from him

edit: Daily Mail article.
John Schlicher, who told MSNBC he saw the attack, described the shooter as a 'slender man' who was 'directly firing at us' while passengers waited for their bags to come off the carousel.

Yhwach

The Asshole
kiwifarms.net
Shit, I saw that and got worried. My uncle used to work at the Fort Myers airport before he took another job, so I was kinda shaken for a minute. Kinda forgot he didn't work there anymore because it's late at night.(:_(

This is upsetting to me because Ft. Lauderdale has always been one of the big gateways to the United States for me. Now we got shootings happening in South Florida airports. Furthermore, I'm going away in two weeks myself, I pray for my safety.
The airport will definitely be in a heightened state of security after this incident. You'll be okay, I assure you.

lolwut

Chipbob Movieman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe the TSA groped him too many times...

Who on earth flies with a gun and live ammo?! :(
Hunters, and Alaska is a particularly big hunting destination.

In fact i wouldn't be surprised if a huge % of checked firearms are going to or from Alaska considering you kind of have to fly there.
This^ plus lots of cops and military personnel (such as the shooter) bring a weapon with them pretty much everywhere.

Chaosbandit

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I always thought you couldn't bring live ammo onto an airplane due to general safety (ex: fire) concerns.

I suppose I misunderstood what I was told...

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino