9chan memorial thread -

Will you miss 9chan?

• Total voters

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
kiwifarms.net
Gone but not forgotten. Shame it didn't have the traction to build like 8chan did.
There's a few reason's for that...
  • Once 8kun opened it's doors, majority of 8ch refugees flocked to that, even with the warning signs that things were not going to be the same as before, learning absolutely nothing from the 4chan Exodus years ago when GamerGate was a thing. Getting them to move out of their "comfort zone" is a futile effort and they are now no better than the normalfags on 4chan.
  • Too many bunkers started to open up, especially ones dedicated to specific sub-categories (eg. Julay with a high-priority on /cow/, Vch with a high-priority on /v/, etc...), creating a divide with people that still enjoyed image boards
  • Even with advertisement, you still had people advertising other boards within 9chan that were "supposedly better"
The instant 8ch got nuked was the very instant Image Boards became a "niche" thing for a "niche" audience, excluding 4chan which at this point is just Reddit 2 Electric Boogaloo. I've said it before and I'll say it again, places like KiwiFarms are, in the literal sense, the only few last bastions left on the internet because almost everything else has been sanitized to hell and back.

The Reaper

Be more kind, my friends.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Reminder that 9chan only attracted idiots and no matter how hard Null or anyone else brave enough to lead the trainwreck wouldn't've been able to deal with the influx of faggots.
you can never forget.png
As a follow up this champion of an anon continued to reply after the thread got pruned.
sperg continues.png

Kaede Did Nothing Wrong

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
planned sabotage or not, seemed inevitable from the start. but even with failure there is some virtue in an effort to prove what isn't possible. like the saying how you don't know where the walls are holding you in until you run against them.
Could you please post it
not a good idea.

KiwiBeanie

The Beanie Formerly Known as Beak
kiwifarms.net
I was just thinking the other day, if 9chan goes the way of 8kun, what options will we have left to talk about things that the Js might not find Kosher? Nowhere is safe to speak freely anymore, not even the farms. They could easily send Mossad agent Adam Sandler over to Null's house and convince him to shut down this site. You have to be careful what you say and self-censor yourself to stay out of Zohan's crosshairs. There's many kiwis supportive of ZOG president #45 and are protective of lolcows who are likewise Kosher conservatives. All it would take is a stern e-mail from the feds saying there's a terrorist threat on the farms, and the next day kiwis would be on Reddit.

• Feels
Reactions: Liber Pater

Smug Cat

An unarmed man with a knife
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was just thinking the other day, if 9chan goes the way of 8kun, what options will we have left to talk about things that the Js might not find Kosher? Nowhere is safe to speak freely anymore, not even the farms. They could easily send Mossad agent Adam Sandler over to Null's house and convince him to shut down this site. You have to be careful what you say and self-censor yourself to stay out of Zohan's crosshairs. There's many kiwis supportive of ZOG president #45 and are protective of lolcows who are likewise Kosher conservatives. All it would take is a stern e-mail from the feds saying there's a terrorist threat on the farms, and the next day kiwis would be on Reddit.
Redpill me on what's wrong with 8kun pls. I thought it was same management?

Kiwifarmsname

I cant game
kiwifarms.net
imageboards and anything other then the top ten spyware iphone apps will be illegal in 2050.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Salud!
I only went there like twice, posted the OT on the Star Wars board and shitposted at some picture of a guy's anus about it looking like the Sarlacc
even if I didn't bother with it, one less image board is always a little less

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
kiwifarms.net
Redpill me on what's wrong with 8kun pls. I thought it was same management?
I'll make it easier for you by quoting from this link.

8kun (formerly 8chan)
This used to be a great imageboard I've loved posting on. Unfortunately, they recently have been framed into allegedly having a killer post on their boards (when in reality he posted his manifesto on Instagram and it was simply reposted by someone else). Their CDN (the evil CloudFlare) then took it down because of an alleged harm caused by 8chan (despite hosting actual criminals). I wanted to wait this whole situation out, thinking they will just get a new CDN within a few days (the admin posted an encouraging message on his twitter We are using the downtime now to scale 8chan's servers, networking, and software to be stronger for when we come back online.) but it hasn't happened and likely won't - and that's because 8chan is voluntarily down until Jim attends a congressional hearing. The date is September 5th. He wil have to explain the situation with the alleged shooters posting on 8chan and probably be probed with a million other questions. This used to be a top tier board that will now likely die (or become government-controlled) because the elites hated actual free speech and decided to bury it. The users have scattered around in many different places that are not quite the same. We're losing the internet, and fast.

UPDATE: I was right. 8chan got rebranded as 8kun and is a shadow of what it was before. Here's a list of the issues with it:

• It uses VanwaTech - similar to 8chan's CloudFlare, but this time you can't even see the site without enabling cookies AND JavaScript. UPDATE February 2020: cookies and JS not required anymore. However, visiting it without JS enabled throws you an obnoxious redirect on every page - which might even take 15 seconds to skip by itself. Posting also results in a 404 Not Found error, but the post still goes through. So, after all these months, 8kun has even more technical issues than before.
  • A disclaimer saying Disclaimer: this post and the subject matter and contents thereof - text, media, or otherwise - do not necessarily reflect the views of the 8kun administration. appears after every post.
  • A 24-hour captcha is there (same as 8chan) but it's way harder to solve and you also need to accept the TOS every fucking day before being able to post.
  • About the TOS - it forbids posting any kind of child photos, regardless if they're not sexual.
  • Many boards have not been migrated, such as /pol/ (coincidence? don't think so)
  • 8kun has had (and still does) lots of technical issues since its appearance. Images, Tor not working, posts not appearing, and the whole site had to switch domains many times. Funny how they haven't been able to fix their shit for months - so much that even Mark (the vch admin) who's been shilling for 8kun has been forced to pack up and leave back to vch since 8kun was unusable.
  • Most importantly, the admins admitted 8kun will be able to freeze a board on government demand. This is cold, hard proof that 8kun is now a honeypot like I predicted it would be.
UPDATE June 2020: some of those issues might be wrong now, I don't check out 8kun anymore. I still don't recommend going there and I certainly don't trust the administration. I recently found the old 8chan dev speaking out as another nail in the coffin (for 4chan as well) False alarm (archive). Easy to get fooled on the Internet, as you can see. Still, 8kun's being dumped into Very low tier.

NewFriend

Sorry, no tracking numbers.
kiwifarms.net
who owns it now and are they homosexual?
Not sure yet, but we should hopefully find out before the end of the week. Hopefully @Null will make a sticky on the main page or make an announcement on the /9/ board. Until then, nobody knows.
My bets are on the Endchan.org administration though. They already comprise at least 30% of the moderation team and own some of the larger boards so it wouldn't really surprise me if the owner of that site acquired 9chan too.
Not sure if that's a good thing though. You can never trust altchan mods since all of them have some sort of mental illness.

Happy Fish

Happy Fish
kiwifarms.net
who owns it now and are they homosexual?
Probably Agent OrangeGlo who put pressure on the site.

Honestly bummed out to read this. Enjoyed /mu/ when it was kind of active as well as the various tech boards. Kept telling myself that I'd spend more time there but my favorite boards from when it was brand new all seemed to lose activity quickly. Sorry, null. :( Thank you for trying.

Tags
None