A Brief Overview of the CWCki Forums -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon. I REALLY WISH THEY'D HOTFIX THIS SO I CAN REMOVE THIS NOTICE.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
In February I installed a really lukewarm stat tracking mod into the forums to see how the forums would progress over the following months. I'm sitting here in between conferences at a jQuery convention and out of boredom have taken a look at the data. I figure some of you would be interested in this.

This is a forum and the most basic way of measuring a forum's health is the number of posts it receives. The CWCki Forum receives a surprisingly high amount of user posts every day, and the distribution isn't all that surprising.
7jW7CPa.png

The top two forums are the Chris forums, followed by Lolcow General. Also not too surprising from this statistic is that the What If? forum receives more topics with less replies each, whereas the Lolcow General forum gets more posts per thread. This is a pretty strong indicator that the Lolcow General forum provides a higher quality of thread than the What If? forum and I doubt many people would disagree with that.

When looking at why a user joins this forum, the results are also not that surprising.
5pCR2Vz.png

Half of all registered users make at least one post in the Chris forum, whereas the other 46% make no posts at all. This is a pretty strong retention rate for an Internet board, which shows that the slight majority of people who bother making an account at some point are tempted in some way to make a post about Chris at least one time. A quarter of people post in the Lolcow General forum. Few people join the off-topic community.

What about views?
zJ8rTBS.png

Since the last forum incarnation I have not restricted viewing access from Guests, a lot of people are really content to just create an account and watch from the distance, and there are more than a few people who do this. Last month I restricted anonymous viewing of the forum to try and get provoke a specific lurker into signing in to their forum account(s). The result was: a) finding out that this particular individual does indeed continue to browse the forums, and b) finding out we have a lot of lurkers.
W6bWNxT.png

Also, since the forums were created, we have doubled our bandwidth consumption. We have a lot of people using the forum more often than ever before.

Just so you know.

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Null you should change your name to Magi-chan because you seem to have the power.

José Mourinho

The Special One
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So the Lolcow General is the forum with the second most posts. Awesome.