Let's Sperg A ChuckleFuck tries OpenXComExtended Mod (The Endless War v1.18) (Screenshot Let'sPlay) - *Smug kyubey*

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
Let's Start with a explanation of what the hell OpenXComExtended is.

"What is OpenXcom?

OpenXcom is an open-source clone of the original UFO: Enemy Unknown (X-Com: UFO Defense in USA), licensed under the GPL and written in C++ / SDL. It was originally founded by SupSuper in February 2010, and has since grown into a small development team surrounded by a very supporting community.

The goal of the project is to bring back the tried and true feel of the original with none of the issues. All the same graphics, sound and gameplay with a brand new codebase written from scratch. This should give it:"

Where OpenXcomExended is more about Expanding this new engine so modders can do more stuff with it.

The Mod I will be "Trying" to play is.

"Thirty-six years have passed since the first alien ship visited us...

The hopes and desires of Humanity were placed in that encounter that without a doubt would change our history forever. But, unfortunately, we are wrong. The aliens soon revealed their true intentions, and the war began.

Humanity has been at war since January 1, 1999. The Endless War they call it. XCOM was created to defend the world, but the commanders have succeeded each other, without any getting a decisive victory. Now it's your turn. As the new commander of XCOM, all eyes are focused on you, commander. I am your right hand.

Welcome to The Endless War.
the Endless War it is a total conversion, or rather, a reimagining of the original game. The mod follows a similar line of argument that the original, located in a much longer and bloody war against the alien invaders. Many innocents have died and the war is getting longer. XCOM has had numerous commanders who have not been able to obtain victory over the invader. The game begins with the arrival of a new commander, who must turn the scales in our favor. You are the chosen one for such a monumental task. The future of humanity is in your hands, commander.

Expect a much longer war than the vanilla campaign, as well as a variety of weapons and equipment much more numerous and varied.

The Mod is Really more of a "MegaPack" Almost 600 Mbs of Mods was slap dashed into this thing. With no thought to balancing it at all, at least it feels that way.

1.Few Things I want to Start off with. I haven't gotten more then a week or two in this mod.
2. I am very bad at x-com and will do this on beginners mode(Not that it really matters).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Episode List.
Episode 0 Just the Intro(This post).
Episode 1: Calm before the raid(spoilers). (Ufopedia update 1)
Episode 2: "That's a crock-a-shit."
Episode 3: Dog soldiers
Episode 3.5 Turns out I am very stupid, or this mod might have a bigger learning curve then I thought.
Episode 3.7 Well Shit (Ufopedia update 2)
Episode 4 Well we have two of them now.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Episode 0 Just the Intro

screen000.png

This Mod is also Translated to English which is why reading it might feel like you are having a stroke.

screen001.png

Once in a while it gets it right, so it's not all that bad.
screen002.png

No real idea where a lot of these Intro pictures are from, but a few later you may recognise.
screen003.png

Yes Hopeful spaceships, and spaceships that are afraid of the unknow. Knowing the internet, I wouldn't doubt if someone somewhere made art of a spaceship-chan.

screen004.png

screen005.png

Pretty much how it feels when you send a inceptor with stingray vs a battleship. I know from personal experience.

screen006.png

Imaged here is a Thread of Kiwi's Sperging about a lolcow.

screen007.png

Feel like most if not all of these could be posts on /r/ihadastroke/, and it fit in well.

screen008.png

screen009.png

screen010.png

Nukes are a thing in this mod, both as a base defense building, and ammo for a weapon.
Still hasn't figured out what weapon they are for.

screen011.png

Looks like Gray Naked Mr X's are invadeing, Wouldn't that be hell of a twist if umbrella was working with the aliens.

screen012.png

Yes we are now suddenly a fallout game. Hopefully not 76, 4 at least could be fixed by mods.
screen013.png

screen014.png

Suddenly we are also a anime as well as fallout. At this point first time starting this mod up, I couldn't stop laughing.

screen015.png

screen016.png

You Could say this was a LONG WAR for Xcom.
screen017.png

Apparently Commander Shepard was at some point part of X-Com as well. Just add it to the Ever growing List of things this mod is apparently also a cross over of, or apart of.

screen018.png

And of course we are also part of the Reboot. Too bad they let someone as inept as me become the commander. Oh and that Line about aggressive and ruthless isn't a lie.
Even on beginner diffculty (The One I will play), you can have a battle ship raid your base on the first day.
It can easily be full of Mutons, not just your every run of the day Green mutons.
Red,Black, ect colored modded in ones.

Or it could just be a Battleship of floaters, Hopefully if we do get invaded that early it's floaters.

screen020.png

Here is the Title Screenin All of It's glory. Starting the game will be next Episode
But before that one last thing.

screen019.png

Starting improved base is something you should turn on, just because you need that little bit of extra help of those free facilities.
Oh and if the Scroll bar looks glitchy, thats just because of how many mods are in this mod, if I was to Hazzard a guess, 150-200 mods at the minimum, I'm not going to go counting them.
Next Update we Start the Game, and you see what kind of a shitshow we are working with here.

If any of you posters want to name a one of the soldiers, or dogs, Please do at the end of your post, or Send me a PM.

Otherwise Most of the Names will be what ever random name I can think of.

Last edited:

GrotesqueBushes

kiwifarms.net
Holy shit, an Eckscawm total conversion mod bucket? I'll have to look into that, looks like a trashfire in the making. My bet is on animu girls fighting space deathclaws with biotic powers in 5 episodes.

1570370569241.png

AHAHAHA they've used sprites from Final Liberation as well. Oh boy, this will be golden.

I assume rookies are as accurate as before, name one Glaucoma Joe and give the man a missile launcher. Bonus good boi points if you leave him on overwatch.

GrotesqueBushes

kiwifarms.net
Accuracy won't matter much at first, not until we get weapons that don't just tickle the enemies holes.
It does when you have a rookie with a missile launcher - that ~70% chance to miss means someone will get a rocket in the back. And while some enemies will shrug that off, your rookies won't.
I used to run a 2 missile launcher squad in XCOM due to the shit initial weapons - the plan was to flatten everything that could house enemies until I've got lasers. UFOs were handled via opening walls with satchel charges and brave assaults with stun rods. Some rookies survived.

Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
It does when you have a rookie with a missile launcher - that ~70% chance to miss means someone will get a rocket in the back. And while some enemies will shrug that off, your rookies won't.
I used to run a 2 missile launcher squad in XCOM due to the shit initial weapons - the plan was to flatten everything that could house enemies until I've got lasers. UFOs were handled via opening walls with satchel charges and brave assaults with stun rods. Some rookies survived.
Good news and Bad news for you.

Good News There are plenty of Explosive stuff jam packed in this mod, and it will most certainly will put to shame vanilla stuff.
Bad news is buying stuff with out building more storage. That make more sense when ever I get the first real update done, which may be later today or tomorrow.

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
EPSIODE 1: Calm Before the Base Raid(Spoilers)

screen000.png

Going to start this off by saying this mod here, Building Mod pack Does not come with this mod, so if you for what ever reason want to play this mod as well. Make sure you find and download this mod because it's useful.

screen001.png

We are playing on beginner, because I am inept as hell, and this will at least give me a fighting chance.

screen002.png

The Base shall be located in America, the land of Guns, and Weebs. Got to keep those Illegal aliens out.

screen003.png

But this raises the question of what do we name our base? Let's use a random name generator for distasters.

screen004.png

This is the name that came up in that generator I used, and thought it was too stupid not to name our base after.

Everyone a gangster till a flood ambushes you.

screen005.png

This is our lovely base, with the added large radar, Alien containment and we thankfully have 2 living spaces.

screen006.png

We start got a pretty lucky start here. 5 soilders, only 1 attack dog and 2 pilots.

So here the thing, when you start a game with this mod it's random to a extend what mix of these 3 you start with.

One time I had 5 attack dogs, 2 pilots, and just 1 solider. In other words, x-com was run by Peta.

screen007.png

Let's get to nameing our guys, and dog. Of course we need a JoJo. Why did I name him jo, and not one of them.

It's so you Viewers can Pick which one of the 8 he should be fully named after, or we can just keep him as Jo.

screen008.png

Now you likely wonder what the hell, why is pilot is a rank. It's simple, you have to assign pilots to craft or they won't be able to fly.
Now I don't hate this Idea, I am not a fan of it, but Oh well.

screen009.png

How can this be a let's play on KF if we don't mention Chris-Chan somewhere.

screen010.png

@GnomeofDoc wanted something to be named after Null. This is a perfect fit is it not.

screen011.png

On that same note @GrotesqueBushes wanted someone named this. Here ya go buddy.

screen012.png

At some point he gonna Pass is going to die on a arctic map,or pass a flame thrower to Mac.

screen013.png

I don't write for star wars, you don't have to worries about subverting your expectations with this guy.

screen014.png

Lastly Joker. Is he Joker from batman, Or Persona 5. Depends on how weeby I am feeling that episode.

screen016.png

Let's try buying a gun that didn't come with our base.

screen015.png

Huh that pretty weird how the he'll are we already full.

screen017.png

Welcome to another dirty trick this mod pulls on you when you start. Your stores are full of this, now hold on don't sell it, tht mind seem weird but just wait.

screen018.png

This is also the stuff in our sky ranger. Notice that weirdly named thing at top B-1. That a HWP we start with, I am gonna put it on our skyranger so we also have a chance if we roll some unlucky space ships finding us.

screen019.png

This is what our enginers can make, Not much right now.

screen020.png

We make 2 of these.

screen021.png

Remember that Mod I showed you as the first image, yeah we going to do that first so we can get some better things to build for our base.

screen023.png

We also going to buy these People/Dog. You never know when a few extra bodies will come in handy.

screen026.png

Here I am sending out our 2 incepters.

screen027.png

Thats why. All 3 of our crafts start with no fuel, and we have to send them out so they can come back a second later to refuel.
Mind you I wont show you guys this after this, just because you get the idea.

screen031.png

Also our second Intercepter Has no weapons equipped starting out. Thanks Mod Maker.

screen036.png

Here I am building 1 Cell block. and 2 GS. The cell block is where we keep non aliens we capture alive. You might notice that the second GS is
Going to take 25 days, and thats because I enabled a neat feature (I think just base OpenXcom) BUILDING QUEUES. That right It's a good feature I like it. Also Notice at the bottom of the list. NUCLEAR MISSILE DEFENSES. Not going to build one yet, if at all, but neat thing to point out.

screen038.png

Oh Shit our first ship. Rather then saying "Alien ship" It just says Xcom Mission, because there are more then just aliens flying around.

screen039.png

Let's see if we can catch it and shoot it down.

screen040.png

No Luck was at the edge and kept going.

screen041.png

Now I can show you that Yes, our craft do refuel using the kerosene. That why I can't go throwing it away, because then our crafts can't do anything.

But if any of you read the Comments of the mod page you already knew this.

screen042.png

And Oh shit another ship.

screen043.png

and we caught it thank God.

screen044.png

Oh and it's a vanilla ship as well. LOok guys I swear this mod is hard, I am not so bad I am losing to these.

I swear.

screen046.png

Here the Clip from the remake of x-com that I found on YouTube.

screen050.png

When ever I see this, I always image that guy looking at us int he bottom right there is yelling this at us.

screen051.png

Because we have so few things at first, I won't go into detail of every Solider being given weapons.

But here we see that pilot suits are for some reason Better armored then Normal Soldiers. They also weigh a lot, to the point that Top Gun can barely hold a pistol.

screen052.png

Also Jo Jostar a girl. Do what you want with that info.

screen053.png

Here the cool image for turn switching.

screen054.png

So this is the HWP we start with. It always starts a mission with 20 missiles 15 on each "hand".

We mainly going to only use it for scouting, and destroying cover, when it comes to missions where we Greatly out gun the enemy like this one.

screen055.png

Just for the sake of showing it. This is what the TU cost is for the two fire modes on this thing.

Auto shot shoots around 5-6 missiles. Again this thing is the only thing keeping us from outright losing VS unlucky base raids, and when we shoot down non vanilla stuff.

screen056.png

Sending it out to scout for them alien bastards.

screen057.png

screen058.png

screen059.png

And these are the 3 that I am letting out of the craft for the Mission. Being this is a Very tiny UFO, there only 1 alien. We don't need everyone outside the craft for this.
So I end the turn and...

screen060.png

Out of nowhere one of our guys opens up with reaction fire, the first shot missing.

screen061.png

Second shot also missing but blowing a hole in the wall, the third shot Nails the fucker, killing them in one hit.

Who did it? No Idea It happend in the spawn of 3 seconds.

screen062.png

We won, we got what ever the he'll that modded thing is. But here a fun neat feature of open Xcom.

screen063.png

We can check out the stats gains of our troops, and it seems we found out who our of the 2 (Dogs can't fire guns sadly) was doing the reaction fire. It was Jo Joe. Hot Damn, I think I know which Jo Joe we should name it after, but I'll leave it to you guys.

screen064.png

Yes, because No one else did anything they jumped right up to sergeant rank.

screen065.png

And right after our guys get back, Fuck, a battle ship been picked up on radar, Let's hope we get lucky and it doesn't Raid us.

screen066.png

Aw shit it's coming right at us.

screen067.png

Oh It's passed us, guess we safe from being raided.

screen068.png

Oh nice our shockers are done.

screen069.png

This here is a item you can make in your spare time to sell for a bit of income.
What the fuck are they making? Beats me, but I like to think we hired 20 clones of the TF2 Engineer.

Let's get back to the Geoscope and...

screen070.png

Aw Hell, It not even half way into the first week, and we are already being raided. I think we might have already lost guys if this is one of the Muton Raids.

screen071.png

Might as well equip the shockers(Pretty much tasers) and try to capture one... NEXT TIME ON X-COM BALL Z.

UFOpedia side stuff.
screen072.png

Here we have the UFOpedia, I am keeping this separate from the Main thing because not everyone wants to shift pass stuff they might not care about, and won't move the game along. Only showing a few things here this time. Let's see how big X-ComCraft page.

screen073.png

screen074.png

screen075.png

screen076.png

screen077.png

screen078.png

Yeah there a lot, mind you this is just the crafts page, there still other subpages, that may or may not be bigger.

screen080.png

Under the base facilities Section of the main page I spoted this. A Gas hall.

screen079.png

In other words, We are the Nazi's, and the aliens are the Jews.

screen081.png

let's check this one as well.

screen082.png

War, War never changes.

screen084.png

The Hell is this fansty stuff.

screen083.png

screen086.png

screen085.png

screen087.png

Apples are also a thing.

screen089.png

screen090.png

Mind you we start the game we all these, No idea if you guys want to me show them to ya.

screen091.png

What strange sounds? Why is this a thing.

screen092.png

is it really strange then?

Anyway that all the UFOpedia stuff I care to show this update.

Attachments

Last edited:

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
EPSIODE 2: "That's a crock-a-shit."
screen000.png

screen001.png
screen002.png

This is where everyone started on this raid, with the last four there on the upper levels of our base.

screen003.png

Let's start by Using JOJO to check the hangers.

screen004.png

Oh, Ohhh. The Fuck is that thing? Is that meant to be the stand in for those Naked Grey Mr x's the intro showed us?.

screen005.png

and Also a civ, thankfully because this is our base, that means we don't have to save them, and they are free to die. They work for us, and X-com will cover up the death.

screen006.png

Yeah moving was a bad idea the alien shooting at us. Thankfully it is as bad of a shot as us.

screen007.png

screen008.png

I move JOJO into that room for cover, and all the units upstairs downstairs.

screen009.png

I moved our Missle launching Tank into a spot to where I can shoot this modded in abomination. If it happens to hit the civ, oh well.

screen010.png

screen011.png

Ayyy, it landed a behind it, but still kill it. Bonus is no innocent blood was shed.

screen012.png

screen013.png

We moving Null up to the top left hanger to check it. As you might have guessed. They in here as well.

screen014.png

screen015.png

We move these two up as well, going need to flank them from this room.

screen016.png

Sorry about the image but Dogs don't Give us that good of Vision so this is what the game showed me for Null Being shot.
screen018.png

and killed. Well Rip our Attack dog. Copyright claims, and Legal C&D might not affect him, but getting shot sure does.

screen019.png

And shit we can't see but hear going on down here as well. Sounded like that Civ died.

screen020.png

Oh and here as well. No idea why we can see the wounded body, but not who shot them. And Yeah that blood Icon is a neat touch for telling who is Fatally wounded. Rather then just straight dead and on the floor.

screen023.png

Sent out tank up, didn't like what I saw in a screen cap I forgot to take.

screen024.png

And Shot a missile in.

screen025.png

screen026.png

Yeah those barrels we saw on the sides of the hanger. They are Made of Explodium, our explosion triggered both sides and this caused all of them to go Kaboom. Also we can see the Modded in variant(at least I think it's a variant) of a cyberdisc these aliens are using.

screen030.png

Thankfully Unloading 13 more missiles with the Cheap (only 60 TU, for like 5-6 of them) Auto Fire took the fucking thing down.

Let me tell you know If we didn't have this thing, we would have never killed that Terror Weapon with our bad guns.

screen031.png

I moved our guys up, We gonna pop out and try to ambush any aliens that are in the hanger then pop back in for safety.

screen032.png

I also move our Platform back to keep watch of the hallway, and show that one of the missiles hit the wall and the explosion reached into the hallway. That missing wall piece was from that disk shooting and missing us.

screen035.png

On the aliens turn. They pop into our ambush at a Very bad time. Turns out when you try to ambush the aliens but they smart and ambush you when you are out of TU's.

screen038.png

This guy pops out takes a few shots at the tank.

screen040.png

Looks like Han solo Didn't shoot first this time. I wsa also pretty shocked and forgot to screencap his death. But Look the alien is not even looking. We are Point blank.
I think I know which Joker this is, because the alien.

screen041.png

Never see it com- Oh He survived every shot. Huh. Well fuck.

screen042.png

I Missile this guy, I don't think you need me to say he dies.

screen043.png

I also hide Jojo here. This time My ambush should work.

screen044.png

Yeah on the aliens turn, This guy was kind of piss to have peanuts thrown at the back of his head by joker. Rip Joker. Thats 3 dead.

screen046.png

On Our turn I roll our tank back into the hanger after most of the smoke clear and I spot a second one of these fucks.

screen047.png
screen048.png
screen049.png

screen050.png

I kept volleying missiles at it. Until it died and the wreckage Got blowned up.

Turns out It was only one hot away from dying and I shot a extra 4-5 at it. and lost the wreckage. Oh well.

screen051.png

I Move the tank back up here, and move the units around a bit. I am trying very hard to keep them out of the hallways so the tank can eat up any thing shot at us.

screen053.png

I move childs up on our turn, as we didn't see any of the aliens. So it was all hidden Movement. Yeah look what we spot. Must have been the fucker that kill two of our guys, and the dog.

screen054.png

And Childs is not even gonna risk being anywhere close to the fucker.

screen055.png

But look who can ambush me. SEE IT PAYED OFF.

screen057.png

Oh, Oh no I might want to rethink my plan here.

screen058.png

Don't worry she used the joestar family's secret technique. She is safe and sound.

screen060.png

More hidden movement, and when I have JoJO open the door. HAHA EVEN CLOSER NOW WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO AMBUSH EM.

screen061.png

Shocked it once and it still standing.

screen062.png

But a second shock did it. Also for some reason it's bleeding.

OH MAYBE THIS IS THE ONE JOKER SHOT. Nice.

screen063.png

I also looked back saw that one was still there, and move jo back as much as I could to try to keep her covered. So far JoJo been the most useful human we have had.

screen064.png

And on the off chance she needs back up, I move childs close by to make sure any attackers can be attacked back next turn.

screen066.png

Oh shit it' walking by

screen067.png

and kept walking. Maybe it didn't see us.

screen069.png

This fucker popped out of the Lift and shot at the tank. And thankfully being a heavy armored tank

screen070.png

Iced em.
screen071.png

I also hide them both in here for the ambush.

screen073.png

Another one pops out shooting. Aliens are not really that smart, they are not hurting the tank, but keep shooting it.

Hahaha.

screen075.png

And I move these two up. No sign of that alien that walked by.

screen076.png

screen077.png

This is the right top hanger after blowing that alien at the hanger up, We move our tank tank here to check to see if any aliens are in this unchecked hanger.

screen078.png

Oh. Gonna need more then one missile for this.

screen079.png

I also start moving Glaucoma Joe up given he has our best weapon at the moment. The Gernade Launcher.

screen081.png

ALiens don't like Me parking outside the hanger.

screen082.png

Oh that far more then I thought was in there. And that our last shot.

screen083.png

More barrels explode because of that shot as well. Removing any bodies of the one alien are missile killed.

screen084.png
screen085.png

It killed 1, and wounded badly the other one. So I guess. Good last shot. Still have the problem that our weapons just tickle the assholes of these aliens.

screen086.png
screen087.png

I move these two around. Checking every corner.

screen090.png

Top left hanger is clear, sure it was stupid I sent jo in alone, but She fine she would have dodged any bullets anyway.

screen091.png

They moved, and I need a good plan.
screen092.png

So the Plan is to use our Armored tank as a shield and take pot shots from behind it, or move it encase we need a better shot.

screen094.png

So Uh about that, it didn't work out as planned and Joe got shot. oops.

screen096.png

I move Joe to the side,shoot, and he misses. Not even close.

screen097.png

Thankfully our tank blocked all shots. (One of them has like a minigun or something.)

screen099.png

I think it hit them. They didn't take any damage so I wouldn't know.

screen102.png

Hard to see but, Left corner Joe got hit.

screen103.png

and killed. Whoops. I did say I was inept, and a chucklefuck.

screen104.png

I move it back so I can get two other guys behind it for cover.

screen106.png
screen108.png
screen109.png

Everyone left but JoJo I moved here.

screen114.png

I move it up.

screen115.png

and these two.

screen116.png

I at one point move JoJo up encase those two die.

screen117.png

Our tank blocks most if not all the bullets.

screen118.png

then Move it to the side, shoot at them (Missing most shots you two fucks.)

screen124.png

And repeat. It's not a bad tactic.

screen127.png

Fucker moves up,and we move up with it stilling this tatic.

But child's is standing on the corpse of one of the aliens let's see what it looks like.

screen126.png

Or doesn't look like.

NO INVENTORY SPRITE. 10/10. And Yes the fat aliens are called mongorn.

screen130.png

Looks like our tank is holding strong.

screen131.png

Or Not. the Alien killed our tank. Uhhhh FUCK.

screen132.png

Welp thats another one dead, To think chris-chan outlasted Null. tis a pity.

screen134.png

So childs walks up and tasers the fucker with a shocker. KOing the alien.
screen136.png

The Mission didn't end meaning. WE GOING ON A BUG HUNT TO FIND THE REMAINING ALIENS

screen137.png

Let's check up here.

screen138.png

Oh fuck.

screen139.png

Didn't have enough TU to go all the way down. this is gonna end bad.

screen140.png

Oh it missed.

screen141.png

Jo Jo been lucky so far, let's see if She can stay lucky.

screen142.png

screen143.png

That ZZZ means the alien is knocked out but not bleeding.

screen145.png

Notice that text at the top.

Not sure if it's from normal OpenX-com or extended, but you can have BUGHUNT mode activate after a set amount of turns.

This will show enemies locations on the mini map.

screen164.png

Like this.

screen155.png

Let's send Jojo in she has so far proven the most lucky, and best unit.

In the Wise words of bubsy the Bob cat.

screen156.png

Let's park her here and go up next turn.

screen158.png

Whoops. Best unit dead now. That can't be good.

screen159.png
screen160.png

So we gonna send childs to the meat grinder room and replace Jojo.

screen161.png

What WHAT? WHAT! Just walks out of the room and back in. Like it noticed childs and turned around.

screen162.png
screen163.png

So we shock it till it drops. Again? I think this was the guy jo jo shocked upstairs. Could it have gotten up so quickly?

screen166.png

Okay Round 2.

screen167.png

we let him sit here as bait. Maybe the alien will come down.

screen171.png

Or be waiting up there for us.

screen172.png

I have him hide here, and pass a few turns in hopes he come down. Nope.

screen176.png

I can't spot it on this side, so I am gonna send him to the other stairs.

screen177.png

He gets shot at. It misses, but still a close call.

screen178.png
screen179.png

I have him rush up there and shock him right after he miss that shot on us.
It's now or never and child's did it.

screen181.png

Aww fuck there still another one left in the room by the hanger. Hey Wait didn't I have one of our pilots over there.

screen183.png

Oh. Oh yeah and He died and I forgot to screen cap it during that fight between child and the invader.
Whoops.

Yes This means Childs Is our last guy.

It's Him Vs any fucker left.

You know this turned into some Alt universe fan fiction of THE THING Minus THE THING.

screen185.png
screen186.png
screen187.png

And and AND

screen188.png

Oh no is there one left? Did I forget one?

screen189.png

WE DID IT WE FUCKING DID IT. WOOO THE LET'S PLAY IS STILL ON. WE HAVN'T LOST YET MEN!.

Notice How I still got a "Good" Rating depsite everyone else dying. Maybe I am not as shitty as I thought I was at X-com. :story:

screen190.png

screen191.png

Look at all our loot.
Reticulan fairy? The fuck is that? DROPA DISC? Maybe next time we can see if we can use any of these things.

screen194.png

:story: He fucking deserves it.

screen195.png

Here is everyone we lost. May they live on in our Cold Harden Black hearts.

Attachments

Reactions: Violence Jack

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
Hey Guys just want to give a little spoiler for the next disappointing update, which might be later today, or tomorrow.
screen122.png

screen121.png

I just want to say this now. Sometimes ya just can't win a mission, no matter how hard ya try.

ChucklesTheJester

Kyubey.
kiwifarms.net
EPSIODE 3:Dog Soldiers

screen000.png

As we can see only one item we got from the base raid is at all researchable.

screen001.png

Of course we are buying new cannon fodder to replace the cannon fodder we lost. And JoJo.

screen002.png

Sadly we still too full of stuff to reasonably buy items.

screen003.png
screen004.png

So we selling everything but the stuff our Brain trust can look at. Those Fresh Bodies are not gonna pay for themselves.

screen005.png

ALso selling the extra 3 meteor launcher we started with for our crafts. All this extra space means one thing.

screen006.png

We have room for some guns. But I'll be honest with all you, so far Running at the aliens to close to gap and be able to hit em hasn't done us any favors. Let's play like a bunch of 7 year old Halo kids and Load up on a bunch of snipers, and ammo.

screen007.png
screen008.png

screen009.png
screen010.png

We also nabbing 2 high explosives and just showing you guys a tiny bit of what we can buy at the start. Mostly just some of the melee stuff and grenades. There a ton of guns, and other stuff we don't have space for.

screen011.png

We spot a landed UFO, sadly we have zero pilots. Skyranger takes 2.

screen012.png
screen013.png

Our guns and soldiers show up, still need another pilot before we can do a mission.

Now it's time to meet our new victims Crew Members.

screen014.png

The Son of the blind who is also blind.

screen015.png

Which natsume? Pick your favorite.

screen016.png

Let's hope his name doesn't mean he can't hit anything.

screen017.png

Nobodies as low Heath as Gaston. No ones as good as throwing as Gaston. For there's no man in town half as manly. Perfect, a pure paragon

screen018.png

If we gonna be naming dogs silly things why not after the worst Best OC.

screen019.png

“He who controls the battlefield, controls history.”

screen020.png

screen021.png

Son of a bitch another thing we can't do and can go away. We need our other new guys to show up first.

screen022.png

And this is where the mission spawned. It's in Piaui according to the map I found on google.
screen023.png

Also our brain trust got done with this so here what it is.

screen024.png

And this is what I am tasking them to look at next.

screen026.png

Of course I am filling every spot with them so when I do need to build stuff they be 3 days quicker.

screen027.png

Yes we can now do the mission.

screen028.png

In the future when YouTube fun bucks dry up do to aliens. he Joins X-com.

screen029.png

Named spooky because I was half reading This thread when playing this at the time.

screen030.png

I hear he was a system admin, who knew his way around and how to hack things.

screen031.png

I won salt betting on Twitch Chan before. And Lost salt do to traps, and not knowing how OP twitch-chan was.

screen032.png

EgFxVIs.jpg

screen033.png

He Protect us from the Evil Aliens and VIC.

screen034.png

It's also the %chance he has to live by the end of this update.

screen035.png

Here on X-com Tales.

screen036.png

Disco is never dead here.

screen038.png

And with our second pilot I loaded up the skyranger with our stuff and Let's get started.

screen039.png

Perhaps this is a Bad Idea.

screen040.png

The son takes up his father old gun, and some High explosives.

screen041.png

No one shows us how default loadout for almost everyone else like Gaston.

screen042.png

"People call mercenaries like us "Dogs of War." But you're different. You are a Wolf... You will die the proud wolf you are. "

screen043.png

Suddenly we are XCom 2 now. Pictured here. Nothing that has anything to do with this map.

screen044.png

Stepping right off the ranger, Gordon spots something.

screen045.png

What in the fucking hell? The More we see the weirder enemies look.

screen046.png

Just showing the TU to ACC costs of the sniper rifles.

screen047.png

Jr pops out and gets in position.

screen048.png

Despite having AP ammo he hit it. Good on him, Proving he already better then his father.

screen050.png

Then Recoil spots this. Yeah As you might have already guessed from that spoiler I posted. This is a werewolf.

Why is it a werewolf during day time?
Why does it have a gun?
Why does it have terror type HWP units.
Where is wolf?

screen052.png

It's a hit. Doesn't seem like it did much damage if any, but given this is xcom who knows.

screen055.png

Thankfully the alien units aim about as well as rookies and miss a ton.

screen056.png

IJr takes out the HE and primes it to 0.

So for anyone doesn't know. A nice built in option for OpenXcom is having Gernades explode after they are thrown if you set them to 0 turns.
They won't go off in your hands, only after they "somehow" hit the floor be it because you threw it or the unit drops it.

screen058.png

Sadly out of range so we can't throw it yet.

screen066.png

Snake spots another one.

"War... has changed. It's no longer about nations, ideologies, or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles fought by mercenaries and machines. War, and its consumption of life, has become a well-oiled machine. "

screen070.png
screen071.png
screen072.png

This is like 70% of the screenshots. The aliens shooting. Us Shooting, and things moving. I'm gonna cut most of it out as Being told. Durrrr Aliens shot and miss, for the 40th time gets dull to read.

screen073.png

and after some boring rounds of stand off MORE ENEMIES POP UP. Green means Jr only know the the enemies are around do to the other members of the squad seeing them, where Red is enemies he can see himself.

screen075.png

even after moving Jr up some he out of range.

screen076.png

After another dull turn, we move him up and he gets to throw it.

screen077.png

screen078.png

Yeah he hit it, and it still alive. We are fighting some tough enemies.

Oh I should also mention Non of the other enemies have died yet. Even after being hit by our snipers. No idea if sliver bullets are a thing I can buy, but I wish we had some.

screen080.png
screen081.png
screen082.png

screen084.png

Showing off some of the other WWs, and a second Terror weapon that came out of Hiding during the enemie turn.

screen087.png

And this is when I remember I brought sonichu along. Oops. Oh well might as well put them to use.

screen092.png

Jr takes out the second HE and primes it as well.
screen093.png
screen094.png

WE DID IT GUYS WE KILL ONE. ALL IT TOOK was both of our only HE's and there still a second one of these things on the map.

Hmm You know maybe bringing a ton of sniper rifles was a really bad idea.

You might also notice the purple and blue number.

Blue I think is wounded(maybe bleeding wounded), and purple I think is non bleeding wounded.

Despite our weapons doing diddle le shit to the enemies they pack a bit of a punch.

screen096.png

That little smoke effect is a bullet hitting. Mind you this is 8th direct hit on this unit AND THEY STILL WONT DIE.

screen097.png

Sending Sonichu up using the trees for makeshift cover.

screen098.png

This is what one of the weapons the WW shoot at us do. Cause tiny blue flames effects.

Looks deadly.

screen099.png

Jr misses this shot sadly.
screen100.png

This could end badly.

screen101.png

Something I really don't like about this map is tree look small. That or everyone is giant.

screen103.png

Thankfully this WW must also be a rookie becuse they MISS EVERYSHOT EVEN AT THIS CLOSE OF RANGE.

screen105.png
screen106.png

That right Our first confirmed WW kill is by Dog biting it to death.
Where our Bullets don't seem to phase them, our Dog bite is far worse then it's bark.

screen108.png

Loading up Explosive rounds JR hits. Again Jr aim seems to be mostly spot on this mission.

screen109.png

I spot this as well. Is that meant to be the tower? Why is there a blue sparring robot next to the door?

screen110.png

More hiding behind cover and the aliens missing.

screen111.png

Jr HITS AGAIN.

Now Sure everyone is hitting, but Jr is blind and not using a Sniper rifle. So him hitting is crazy.

screen112.png

More Sneaking By Soild Dog here.

screen114.png

thank God we don't employ trees or this would be us right now.

screen115.png

Maybe we do employ trees because right after they hit that stump of a tree they hit natsume. Insta death.

screen116.png

screen117.png

God damn it.

screen119.png

Have me speak up and bite the WW In the asses.

You know fucking what.

screen120.png

IT WORKS. It killed them both.

Hot Damnwe have a chance.

screen121.png
screen122.png

Also for what ever reason one of them had a chainsaw.

screen123.png
screen124.png

Like Father, Like son.

screen125.png

Spooky out of ammo so I make me drop the sniper on our stash of items so I can better plan what to use when they have more TU.

screen127.png

Guess who got hit after they panicked last turn and RAN TOWARDS THE WW, AND OUT OF FORMATION.

Fatality!

screen128.png

screen131.png

Go figure the WW moved and not only burned a lot of the cover, but hit our dog. Surprisingly it lived.

screen129.png

so the Plan here is Spooky taking the taser and is going to rush a WW to stun it.

screen134.png

And Jr Suddenly starts missing every shot and ate up all the Eploive ammo he had.

screen135.png
screen136.png

I board them up so they can safely dropped the guns that have no ammo.

Also I only packed ammo so every gun had 1 Clip.

And on turn end.

screen138.png

All this means is that the Stun the unit had Got higher then the HP left. Thanks to the bleeding, HP dropped under the stun amount.

screen139.png
screen140.png

The plan is simple Just going to toss are small grenades at them hope it kills them.

screen141.png

Using more AP rounds.

screen142.png

This means that the stunned unit died. We will miss you Sonichu.

screen143.png

Doesn't seem like it noticed us.

screen144.png
screen145.png
screen146.png

At this point our only bet is to use these Our guns don't even dent the enemy.
And our WW killing dog is dead.

screen147.png

That smoke was caused by a Missed grenade.

screen148.png

Well Oops turns out running at the enemies got recoiled killed, he also was the one who missed throwing the grenade.

I GUESS IT HAD TOO MUCH RECOIL! And I'll take my DUMB's now.

Not like we could do much.

screen149.png

WHY CAN'T YOU BE LIKE THE REAL SNAKE AND NOT PANIC EVERY TIME SOMEONE DIES.

screen151.png

Spooky stunned them. Nice

screen152.png

No one primes a grenade like Gaston.
screen153.png

screen154.png

Just checking if we could use anything it dropped. Nope.

screen155.png
screen156.png

I thought this wall was a door. I was stupid.

Later I figure out that blue thing is standing in front of a door.

screen157.png

Nobody is unable to throw Like Gaston.

screen158.png

screen159.png

that there was freeman I think. I think I was using him as bait to try to lure the enemy closer.

screen160.png

Priming both of them. SNAKE WILL HAVE HIS REVENGAGE! next turn.

screen161.png

This is also when I remembered OH WAIT THAT WW HAD A CHAINSAW. and Beelined Spooky to the corpse. I am pretty damn forgetful.

screen162.png

Gordon died. Straight up got shot, and killed. Maybe neutrlized just means killed. I have no idea with this MOD.

screen165.png

After gaston threw his one grenade I kind of forgot he was here.

screen166.png

Sure the enemy missed but I kept forgetting he was here. This will come back to bite me later.

screen167.png

Snake disappointments me.

screen169.png

Brightside Jr keeps hitting.

screen172.png

And after like 3-4 turns of bee lining Spooky got a chainsaw.

"Aaah! Chainsaw! The great communicator!"

screen174.png

Snake being useful and threw a grenade and hit.

screen176.png

This is Jr he panic-ed and ran. Might be because he noticed HIS GUN WASN'T DOING MUCH IF ANY DAMAGE.

screen177.png

screen179.png

No one steals a Gernade after the commander remembers he is on this team, like Gaston.

screen186.png

Having spooky sneak up on the enemies. It takes a while because of low Enegery.

screen190.png

Even after getting the gun back he can't fire because he has no Line of direct sight. FUCKING TREES.

screen194.png

Oh yeah QP is still alive as well. Huh I have a problem where I forget everyone I have tag along.

screen195.png

Getting closer.

screen198.png

screen199.png

"Rip and tear rip and... TEAR RIP AND TEAR... RIP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS! YOU ARE HUGE! THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS! RIP AND TEAR!"

screen204.png

Jr being Jr.

screen208.png

Rip.

screen209.png

If you remember quarter had a Primed Gernade it exploded after he died. Now he is Minced Meat.

screen210.png
screen212.png

having spooky get closer and closer.

WHEN

screen211.png

Gaston who I forgot for about the third or fourth time get backs attacked and killed out of nowhere.

Yeah remember that WW we stunned. He woke up and wasn't too happy.

screen214.png

screen215.png
screen216.png

screen219.png

it takes a lot of turns of just Running at it attacking once or twice and then hiding and waiting for the energy to refill.

During the middle of this.

screen218.png

screen222.png

It takes a while but we Chainsawed it to death. Fuckin metal.

screen228.png

I bright out the taser because that guy has to be the last one right?

screen230.png

screen231.png

Nope the mission didn't end. So I put thechainsawback on.

screen232.png

and kill it so it doesn't wake up.

screen234.png

This is when I was like.
Oh thats the door.

screen235.png

With the blue thing gone let's go kill the maybe one or two enemies left.

screen236.png

Oh.. Oh no.

We came to the wrong nighbor hood.

screen239.png

screen239.png
screen240.png

we kill one and hope they miss.

screen242.png

Well at least now after a genderbend, they can build a mansion full of jump scares.

screen243.png

So the plan was send Joe up,there likely that one left right? just grab the Chainsaw and kill it.

Nope turns out there are 3 of them left.

screen245.png

Did I say 3? I meant five.

screen250.png

Nope Jr right the fuck out of there on to the skyranger and cut my losses.

screen251.png
screen252.png

still got a positive score.

screen254.png

screen255.png

screen256.png

Let's buy more units.

screen257.png

More snipers.

IT WAS JUST A FLUKE THAT THE ENEMIES WAS IMMUNE TO BULLETS.

screen258.png
screen259.png

Jr proven he should get a real Missile launcher.

screen260.png

We can make these, and they only good for selling.

screen261.png

Lastly More of these given how good they are.

Attachments

GrotesqueBushes

kiwifarms.net
Junior brings honor to the Glaucoma name. I've never been so proud to be a stepfather.
Also, bring more explosives. Every problem in the game can be solved with explosives.

• Feels
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino