• ”Is it a New Zealand forum?”

A commercial that has been burned into your memory

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by BerriesArnold, Jul 25, 2018.

1. I'm glad to help!

kiwifarms.net
  2. PSA you say? Have I got a PSA for you: This crazy nineties action movie was broadcast in Northern Ireland to make people snitch on terrorists.

Buster O'Keefe

Buster O'Keefe Literally a Mumsnetter

kiwifarms.net
  3. The glowing people from the Sylvania light bulb commercials used to scare the crap out of me. I thought they were the aliens from Cocoon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  4. Pointandlaugh

Pointandlaugh Lookin' for the good stuff

kiwifarms.net
  5. The N64 had some memorable commercials.

• Winner Winner x 2
    Sperglord Dante

Sperglord Dante Useless Guato

kiwifarms.net
  6. Pointandlaugh

kiwifarms.net

7. i could only find the updated vers, but the script is engrained in my fucking mind

• Feels Feels x 1
    DOGFARM

DOGFARM UNDEFINED

kiwifarms.net
  8. I F
    Y O U
    O R
    A
    L O V E D
    O N E
    H A S
    B E E N
    D I A G N O S E D
    W I T H
    M E S O T H E L I O M A ...

• Feels Feels x 4
    aFairlyOddFaggot

aFairlyOddFaggot obtuse, rubber goose, green moose, drug abuse

kiwifarms.net
  9. An oldie but goody:

• Winner Winner x 1
    Kiwi Lime Pie

Kiwi Lime Pie Tastefully melting the winter snowflakes

kiwifarms.net
  10. Have another (or few)!

• Winner Winner x 1
    kiwifarms.net

11. I loved this commercial.:feels:

TNT Amusements infomercial. This was on late at night for years. My brother and his friend were obsessed with it and kept calling Todd Tuckey to annoy him.:lol:

They watched it every damn night. It is burned into my memory so strongly that a thousand lifetimes won't fade it. I don't know why the hell they were so obsessed with Todd Tuckey. But they kept me up at night laughing over this infomercial quite often.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Dysnomia

Dysnomia Desu pocky sugoi! (≧▽≦)

kiwifarms.net
  12. That is a cute one! Also points for going with the older phone number prefix deal!

kiwifarms.net
  13. All of the Orson Welles ones

• Winner Winner x 3
    Sigma

Sigma Eighteen Inches

kiwifarms.net
  14. Those reminded me of this,Orson was really selling his soul to pay the bills

• Like Like x 1
    King Kobra

King Kobra Snek

kiwifarms.net
  15. When it comes to toy commercials, the jingles that are forever embedded into my brain are:

-This toy for the 1998 Roland Emerich Godzilla movie. I can't find a video of it on YouTube, but I remember seeing this commercial so many times that I still remember the jingle: "He's the biggest, he's the baddest, he's the greatest of the great! GODZILLA! GODZILLA! BATTLE ACTION 8!"

-The Barbie "Fold and Fun" House:

And, of course, there's this iconic anti-drug commercial:

Also, while I was born decades after these commercials were made, I remember my mom telling me about the Ipana Toothpaste commercials when I was a kid, and I laughed right in her face, not believing they were real (especially with the lame/hilarious jingle). I was one of those weird kids who didn't watch that much Nickelodeon but LOVED Nick-at-Nite and TV Land (when they still aired CLASSIC TV-- not that George Lopez shit), and by god, TV Land showed one of these throwback commercials, and it's never left me. I still get "Brusha brusha brusha" stuck in my head every so often:

Sorry, can't help it:

• Winner Winner x 1
    #235 StarkRavingMad, Jan 11, 2019 at 4:37 PM
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 4:45 PM
    kiwifarms.net
  16. Classic! That's the TV Land I miss as well (and Nick at Nite for that matter).

They still remember Bucky up in Canada!
    http://www.buckybeaver.ca/index.php

For me though, it was the Pepsodent theme my mom loved very well when she sang it to me back in the 80's!

It was necessary!

• Winner Winner x 1
    kiwifarms.net

17. From the very first time. Seriously. It's amazing. You won't ever forget it.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Guts Gets Some

Guts Gets Some "Sword=cock" -Susumu Hirasawa

kiwifarms.net

• Winner Winner x 1
    Pointandlaugh

kiwifarms.net

19. Good representation of Texan ads.

• Like Like x 1
    Y2K Baby

Y2K Baby The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.