A commercial that has been burned into your memory -

• The Kiwi Farms is running a Fediverse Node, which is like Twitter but decentralized between many individual providers, similar to email. Feel free to sign up and follow me. There are many more services we federate with, and you will see all that content with one account. (Feedback thread.)

Maintenance is concluded.

Trilby

Hello faggot lovers!
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of wildlife, the duck-billed platypus has feet like a duck, but it's furry!

Nickelodeon would play that one a LOT, as well as the one featuring Stan Freberg lecturing his 'son' on the Encyclopedia Britannica!

And because one wasn't enough...

Some more!

This is for anybody who's lived in the Cleveland area for the past 70+ years.

Reminded Detroit had some great ones too (though I ran out of space for embedding links anyway)!

Reactions: Francis E. Dec Esc.

Kiwi Lime Pie

The tasteful summer treat. 🥝🥧
kiwifarms.net
Reminded Detroit had some great ones too (though I ran out of space for embedding links anyway)!
Here is one from the "D" with the old school phone number style (two letters starting the exchange followed by five numbers).

• Agree
Reactions: Trilby

Meaty Spaghetti

kiwifarms.net
The commercial were that guy would say I pick things up, I put them down, I pick things up, I Put them down.

The commercial about Flea Medication for Dogs and the dog would sing There ain't no bugs on me

The super smash bros commercial for n64 where it was guys dressed up as Nintendo characters beating the hell out of each other

Tahoma

butt nostril pimp
kiwifarms.net
These stupid fucks.

THERE IN THAT BAGGGG

Probably also posted but

another commercial that was all over the damn world

TheGreatCitracett

Wears a hat. Has a job. Brings home the bacon.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This old Funcoland one is pretty memorable for me:
I had a friend who believed this ad was realistic (the kid trading an NES for the brand new PS1). I kept telling him they wouldn't give him anything close but he wouldn't listen. Thought he was gonna get even more free stuff since he was trading in a Sega.

His mom finally took him there (we were about 10 at the time) and they offered him something like $8.75 for everything he had. Store credit of course. Maybe $5 cash.

I don't think I've ever seen a kid so utterly betrayed and devastated in my life.

I gave him $20 for it all a few months later (he'd brought it home and thrown it in a closet). He offered it to me at that price, and to be fair it was a lot of stuff. Still have it too.

Last edited:

Trilby

Hello faggot lovers!
kiwifarms.net
This old Funcoland one is pretty memorable for me:
I had a friend who believed this ad was realistic (the kid trading an NES for the brand new PS1). I kept telling him they wouldn't give him anything close but he wouldn't listen. Thought he was gonna get even more free stuff since he was trading in a Sega.

His mom finally took him there (we were about 10 at the time) and they offered him something like $8.75 for everything he had. Store credit of course. Maybe $5 cash.

I don't think I've ever seen a kid so utterly betrayed and devastated in my life.

I gave him $20 for it all a few months later (he'd brought it home and thrown it in a closet). He offered it to me at that price, and to be fair it was a lot of stuff. Still have it too.
Such a naive lad, still that was nice of you to offer when you did.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
I remembered a commercial with Elton John singing a slight variation of "Sad Songs Say So Much". For years, I thought it was for Vidal Sassoon. Not quite, it was for Sasson Jeans, which was a sub-brand of Jordache.

Another early 1980s commercial that left an impression without me remembering exactly what it was they were advertising. The song "I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire", an airplane, and a room with a reflecting floor. It was a Chanel No. 5 perfume ad.

Here's that one British Airways commercial from 1983 with a detailed model of Manhattan flying over London and landing at Heathrow.

Kiwi Lime Pie

kiwifarms.net
These stupid fucks.
I was surprised those ads lasted as long as they did. I expected them to be pulled right away for racism or any other -ism. Here is my earworm of the bunch:

another commercial that was all over the damn world
I still recall my accounting professor at the time discussing the J.G. Wentworth ads during our lecture on present/future value of money and his disgust when he claimed that those companies tend to charge a substantially high inflation rate (sometimes up to 50%) when making their lump sum offers.

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Out of all the commercials I can remember, Quiznos managed to make its way into memory despite never having any of their food, all thanks to this commercial.

Reactions: Kiwi Lime Pie

Kiwi Lime Pie

kiwifarms.net
The commercial about Flea Medication for Dogs and the dog would sing There ain't no bugs on me
The first match I found was this one:

My favorite one was rather popular this summer and used a different catch-phrase... even if mispronounced:

Out of all the commercials I can remember, Quiznos managed to make its way into memory despite never having any of their food, all thanks to this commercial.
I thought for sure you'd have one of the commercials featuring the rathergood.com sponge monkeys.

There used to be one a mile from me, I thought they had good subs.
I believe I walked 9-10 blocks to the Quiznos in my downtown one summer. The meal was decent enough, but that and nearly all of the other Quiznos shops near me have long since closed.

• Feels
Reactions: Trilby

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
That is pretty much what happened. At its height, they had 5,000 stores but now it's less than 400. The nearest one to me is now 30 miles away.
They were apparently horribly mismanaged and massively ripped off their franchisees.

Too bad because the actual sandwiches were pretty good.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino