• ”That's why I support sending all children to military boarding school and beat all trannies in bathrooms to death”

A commercial that has been burned into your memory

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by BerriesArnold, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Speaking of wildlife, the duck-billed platypus has feet like a duck, but it's furry!

This is for anybody who's lived in the Cleveland area for the past 70+ years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    PreferredPenne

PreferredPenne Easy to eat

kiwifarms.net
  2. Nickelodeon would play that one a LOT, as well as the one featuring Stan Freberg lecturing his 'son' on the Encyclopedia Britannica!

And because one wasn't enough...

Some more!

Reminded Detroit had some great ones too (though I ran out of space for embedding links anyway)!

• Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  3. Here is one from the "D" with the old school phone number style (two letters starting the exchange followed by five numbers).

• Agree Agree x 1
    Kiwi Lime Pie

Kiwi Lime Pie Tastefully melting the winter snowflakes

kiwifarms.net
  4. Thanks, I was going to link to one of these! Here's one that was animated (somewhat)...

Some more D goodness!

• Winner Winner x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  5. The nostalgia, right in the :feels:

The animated Belvedere ad almost sounded as if it was set to the tune of Puff the Magic Dragon at one point.

What a nice trip down memory lane.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Kiwi Lime Pie

kiwifarms.net
  6. Partly mine too, though I'm not in the area!

• Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  7. The commercial were that guy would say I pick things up, I put them down, I pick things up, I Put them down.

The commercial about Flea Medication for Dogs and the dog would sing There ain't no bugs on me

The super smash bros commercial for n64 where it was guys dressed up as Nintendo characters beating the hell out of each other

kiwifarms.net
  8. These stupid fucks.

THERE IN THAT BAGGGG

Probably also posted but

another commercial that was all over the damn world

Tahoma

Tahoma tahoma is where tahearta is

kiwifarms.net
  9. This old Funcoland one is pretty memorable for me:

I had a friend who believed this ad was realistic (the kid trading an NES for the brand new PS1). I kept telling him they wouldn't give him anything close but he wouldn't listen. Thought he was gonna get even more free stuff since he was trading in a Sega.

His mom finally took him there (we were about 10 at the time) and they offered him something like $8.75 for everything he had. Store credit of course. Maybe $5 cash.

I don't think I've ever seen a kid so utterly betrayed and devastated in my life.

I gave him $20 for it all a few months later (he'd brought it home and thrown it in a closet). He offered it to me at that price, and to be fair it was a lot of stuff. Still have it too.

• Feels Feels x 4
    #169 TheGreatCitracett, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    TheGreatCitracett

TheGreatCitracett Brand new year on the same old spectrum

kiwifarms.net
  10. Such a naive lad, still that was nice of you to offer when you did.

kiwifarms.net
  11. I remembered a commercial with Elton John singing a slight variation of "Sad Songs Say So Much". For years, I thought it was for Vidal Sassoon. Not quite, it was for Sasson Jeans, which was a sub-brand of Jordache.

Another early 1980s commercial that left an impression without me remembering exactly what it was they were advertising. The song "I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire", an airplane, and a room with a reflecting floor. It was a Chanel No. 5 perfume ad.

Here's that one British Airways commercial from 1983 with a detailed model of Manhattan flying over London and landing at Heathrow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    sasazuka

sasazuka Standing in the school hallway.

kiwifarms.net
  12. I was surprised those ads lasted as long as they did. I expected them to be pulled right away for racism or any other -ism. Here is my earworm of the bunch:

I still recall my accounting professor at the time discussing the J.G. Wentworth ads during our lecture on present/future value of money and his disgust when he claimed that those companies tend to charge a substantially high inflation rate (sometimes up to 50%) when making their lump sum offers.

Kiwi Lime Pie

kiwifarms.net
  13. Out of all the commercials I can remember, Quiznos managed to make its way into memory despite never having any of their food, all thanks to this commercial.

• Like Like x 1
    c-no

c-no Asian Man with Sunglasses
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. There used to be one a mile from me, I thought they had good subs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  15. Jeb-sama

Jeb-sama The clapping will be mandatory

kiwifarms.net
  16. duh huh dey makded a swear an I lawst it

PreferredPenne

PreferredPenne Easy to eat

kiwifarms.net
  17. This Mormon commercial at the 21:44 mark:

I used to see this commercial all the time when being on vacation growing up.

kiwifarms.net
  18. The first match I found was this one:

My favorite one was rather popular this summer and used a different catch-phrase... even if mispronounced:

I thought for sure you'd have one of the commercials featuring the rathergood.com sponge monkeys.

I believe I walked 9-10 blocks to the Quiznos in my downtown one summer. The meal was decent enough, but that and nearly all of the other Quiznos shops near me have long since closed.

• Feels Feels x 1
    Kiwi Lime Pie

kiwifarms.net
  19. That is pretty much what happened. At its height, they had 5,000 stores but now it's less than 400. The nearest one to me is now 30 miles away.

• Feels Feels x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  20. They were apparently horribly mismanaged and massively ripped off their franchisees.

Too bad because the actual sandwiches were pretty good.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    AnOminous

AnOminous sittin in the fabled catbird seat
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.