World A Former Alt-Right Member's Message: Get out while you still can - Once notorious for her racist and bigoted tweets, Katie McHugh saw the dark insides of the white nationalist movement.

trashbat

Looming Chad
kiwifarms.net
Everyone has different opinions of what "alt-right" is because it used to have a meaning. Hillary Clinton redefined it in a campaign speech to mean "everyone on the right who I dislike," every window-licking victimhood addict in the media took it and ran with it, and now it means nothing.
when it drew the attention of the media, there was a brief period where spencer and the WNs bickered over who would become the face of the """movement"""

media creatures were obviously eager to oblige, so once the exceptional individuals were front & centre nobody else wanted the label

pwnest injun

An Honest Man is Always in Trouble
kiwifarms.net
Is there any truth to the idea that Richard "Closet Case" Spencer coined the term Alt-Right, or is it just the case that he bought the altright.com domain?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Unog

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Get out while you still can" is among the mantras of the Alt-Right, in a big way. They have that clown parable, remember? The clown is telling people to leave, the theatre is on fire, and everyone thinks it's a joke. They position themselves as the clown, telling people to get out while they still can.
I'm not saying that proves anything in particular, but when two opposing sides are operating with mirror images of the same prime directives, I'm reminded of the Perry Bible Fellowship:

Whoops, my centrism is showing.

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
when it drew the attention of the media, there was a brief period where spencer and the WNs bickered over who would become the face of the """movement"""

media creatures were obviously eager to oblige, so once the exceptional individuals were front & centre nobody else wanted the label
The alt right was an intentionally squishy term so the (((media))) would struggle and fail to define it because they accurately knew that once they could figure it out, they would try to destroy it. Then attention whores started swooping in to be the face of it (first Milo, then Thernovith, then Spencer) and the rest is history. All three of them are back to various levels of obscurity.

hash-slinging slasher

kiwifarms.net
I know this article is about as long as the Bible, but the title of this thread says the article is about McHugh, yet half of the posts here somehow thought the article was about Gray as if Buzzfeed would ever hire someone who was right of Marx at any point in her life. You really think Buzzfeed would hire a self-professed ex-white nationalist no matter how hard she flogged herself in penitence?

Thought precriminal

Quota exceeded. Precrime arrest imminent.
kiwifarms.net
Is there any truth to the idea that Richard "Closet Case" Spencer coined the term Alt-Right, or is it just the case that he bought the altright.com domain?
It was Paul Gottfried (one of Spencer's influences) who first coined the term "Alternative Right". Spencer took this term and ran with it. At one point he had a website called AlternativeRight.com, but this was long before Trump. In fact, I believe that website was already defunct for several years by the time Trump had announced he was running for president in 2015 (Spencer has a tendency to abandon projects quite quickly). When people say Spencer rode Trump's coattails to infamy this is true. He was a fringe journalist of a fringe movement before Trump. Then he thought he could become Adolf Skywalker, as they say on that other forum.
If you go down the rabbithole, one of the theories seems to be that Spencer was sleeping with loads of female journalists in Washington (Julia Ioffe being the best known example) and this was why he got so much media attention.

Medicated

Not the fun kind
kiwifarms.net
WTF? Has she glued her eyebrows on with superglue?

A shitty makeup artist, I guess. Too much foundation caked on so it's building up on the edges of her eyebrows.
No, she has no eyelashes, she has something like Alopecia areata or Alopecia Unveralis

Alopecia areata, also known as spot baldness, is a condition in which hair is lost from some or all areas of the body.[1] Often it results in a few bald spots on the scalp, each about the size of a coin.[2] Psychological stress may result.[2] People are generally otherwise healthy.[2] In a few, all the hair on the scalp or all body hair is lost and loss can be permanent.[1][2]

Alopecia areata is believed to be an autoimmune disease resulting from a breach in the immune privilege of the hair follicles.[4] Risk factors include a family history of the condition.[2] Among identical twins if one is affected the other has about a 50% chance of also being affected.[2] The underlying mechanism involves failure by the body to recognize its own cells with subsequent immune mediated destruction of the hair follicle.[2]

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
It was Paul Gottfried (one of Spencer's influences) who first coined the term "Alternative Right". Spencer took this term and ran with it. At one point he had a website called AlternativeRight.com, but this was long before Trump. In fact, I believe that website was already defunct for several years by the time Trump had announced he was running for president in 2015 (Spencer has a tendency to abandon projects quite quickly). When people say Spencer rode Trump's coattails to infamy this is true. He was a fringe journalist of a fringe movement before Trump. Then he thought he could become Adolf Skywalker, as they say on that other forum.
If you go down the rabbithole, one of the theories seems to be that Spencer was sleeping with loads of female journalists in Washington (Julia Ioffe being the best known example) and this was why he got so much media attention.
While I haven’t heard those rumors before, Julia Ioffe being Richard Spencer’s fucktoy explains so many things.

TowinKarz

Thoroughly Unimpressed
kiwifarms.net
The alt right was an intentionally squishy term so the (((media))) would struggle and fail to define it because they accurately knew that once they could figure it out, they would try to destroy it. Then attention whores started swooping in to be the face of it (first Milo, then Thernovith, then Spencer) and the rest is history. All three of them are back to various levels of obscurity.
Well, you know what they say....

Any movement set up to mock idiots eventually ends up attracting and then being overrun with actual idiots who mistakenly believe the goals of the movement are sincere and they are now among friends and equals.

The fact the left can't see this and have spent the last 4 years panicking over the actions of a literal cult of morons has been one of the weirdest things I've ever seen in my life.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Gammalt bröd rostar aldrig.
kiwifarms.net
No, she has no eyelashes, she has something like Alopecia areata or Alopecia Unveralis

Alopecia areata, also known as spot baldness, is a condition in which hair is lost from some or all areas of the body.[1] Often it results in a few bald spots on the scalp, each about the size of a coin.[2] Psychological stress may result.[2] People are generally otherwise healthy.[2] In a few, all the hair on the scalp or all body hair is lost and loss can be permanent.[1][2]

Alopecia areata is believed to be an autoimmune disease resulting from a breach in the immune privilege of the hair follicles.[4] Risk factors include a family history of the condition.[2] Among identical twins if one is affected the other has about a 50% chance of also being affected.[2] The underlying mechanism involves failure by the body to recognize its own cells with subsequent immune mediated destruction of the hair follicle.[2]

View attachment 745309
Seems like it, just look at the mesh of what is obviously a wig.

The choice of cardboard eyebrows is still very, very weird.

Coldgrip

Dragon Kick your ass into the Milky Way.
kiwifarms.net
Everyone has different opinions of what "alt-right" is because it used to have a meaning. Hillary Clinton redefined it in a campaign speech to mean "everyone on the right who I dislike," every window-licking victimhood addict in the media took it and ran with it, and now it means nothing.
Hell it could be a noun for all we know now.

"Hey fellas, I'm going to the corner alt-right, you want anything?"

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino