A Guide On Ratings/Stickers - What are ratings and what do they mean?

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

somecryptoneet

kiwifarms.net
Can you guys please stop rating my posts mean things, I work very hard on them.

cucky 1.png

cucky 2.png

cucky 3.png

cucky 4.png

cucky 5.png

hundredpercent

kiwifarms.net
I often see posts asking about ratings and I feel it would be best to have a nice guide to easily reference or link to so it's a bit easier to explain or understand ratings. The ratings are presented in alphabetical order.
These scores are incorrect. Here's mine:

Rate​
Total​
Weight​
Score​
Like​
395​
1​
395​
Dislike​
5​
-1​
-5​
Agree​
240​
1​
240​
Disagree​
23​
0​
0​
Winner​
80​
2​
160​
Semper Fi​
12​
2​
24​
Deviant​
4​
-1​
-4​
Informative​
201​
3​
603​
Thunk​
121​
0​
0​
Feels​
57​
1​
57​
Islamic​
16​
-1​
-16​
DRINK!​
19​
1​
19​
Lunacy​
26​
-1​
-26​
Autistic​
47​
0​
0​
Horrifying​
58​
0​
0​
Optimistic​
45​
0​
0​
Late​
5​
-1​
-5​
Dumb​
64​
-1​
-64​
MATI​
11​
-2​
-22​
Total​
1429​
1356​
Real score​
1429​
1373​

As you can see, there's a gap of 17.

0 1

01101001 01000001 01101101 00110000 00110001
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you delete a post with negative ratings, does it remove the negative ratings?
No. Any rating, positive or negative, is stuck to a post when you deleted. Deleted posts are permanently stuck in a sort of limbo where they could be restored at any time.

An admin can wipe the ratings on a post, though, which is reflected in the statistics for ratings on your profile.

Red Lobster

kiwifarms.net
Why did you opt for alphabetical order? I'd personally sort them by the order they go in the vote bar (with removed ones at bottom like it is now).

But that's not what I wanted. Could you add the reaction IDs to the table, and the guide how to give ratings other than thumbs up on profile posts?

Right click the "Like" button for the post you want to rate, open in new tab. In the address bar, change the number "1" to whichever one you want from the list in the second image.
View attachment 1978872

View attachment 1978871

Red Lobster

kiwifarms.net
Boomer here, is there a way to not get notifications about ratings? they are useless and make it hard for my boomer eyes to find replies.

Is there a way to make it so I'm not notified when I get a new rating?
Yes, you can edit it in your forum preferences. Click on the alert icon and hit "preferences" at the bottom of the tab which pops open.
Once there uncheck "Reacts to your message" if you don't want just the reaction notifications you get for thread posts, or all that start with "Reacts" if you don't want any of the notifications about reactions.