A&H new rule proposal - Subtitle must be the website the article came from

But the source is already listed. It shows what the sources is IN the post. I'm just not sure why something like this is necessary. Seems like a waste of time and space. Especially atrocious if it replaces the subtitle
Yeah, and having it listed in the subtitle means when I see some title like "Gamers murdered 50 bazillion people today" I can decide if it's worth reading about based on whether it's being published by the new york times or some dumb fucking clickbait farm nobody has ever heard of.

Admittedly it might make CatParty's job harder.

• Agree
Reactions: Lou Wrong

Tryphaena

Not like the other people here in the trailer park
kiwifarms.net
Who cares where the news is coming from? If it happened, it happened. Only exception is the ultra right wing stuff, which shouldn’t be allowed on here anyway for public safety reasons.

But those have the best comment reading material!

BoingoTango

Sabat on a gayops
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, and having it listed in the subtitle means when I see some title like "Gamers murdered 50 bazillion people today" I can decide if it's worth reading about based on whether it's being published by the new york times or some dumb fucking clickbait farm nobody has ever heard of.

Admittedly it might make CatParty's job harder.
It's generally pretty easy to tell by the headlines where the shit is from not to mention

You see it tells you what site is from. This isn't reddit where you would have to click the link to see the article, it's already standard practice to copy pasta the article in the thread.

Besides, the best part is if you aren't paying attention you'll make a stupid ass comment buying into some bullshit and then people will get to make fun of you. And without things like that what is the purpose of going to A&H anyway?

JoshPlz

Plz Josh
kiwifarms.net
Only exception is the ultra right wing stuff, which shouldn’t be allowed on here anyway for public safety reasons.
What do you mean with "public safety reasons" and why only right wing stuff?

Yes but the violent ideas and opinions that come with them are too dangerous to show to impressionsble white people.
But left wing stuff is constantly making people troon out, mutiliate their genitals and subsequently commit 42%.

That is far more dangerous.

• Agree
Reactions: Ratko_Falco
It's generally pretty easy to tell by the headlines where the shit is from not to mention

You see it tells you what site is from. This isn't reddit where you would have to click the link to see the article, it's already standard practice to copy pasta the article in the thread.

Besides, the best part is if you aren't paying attention you'll make a stupid ass comment buying into some bullshit and then people will get to make fun of you. And without things like that what is the purpose of going to A&H anyway?
Yes, we all realize once you've clicked the topic you see the site from the link, assuming the OP posted it in that style and not a literal copy-paste which does happen quite a bit.

The second part of your argument is intriguing, I suppose the answer to that depends on how much A&H is meant to feed the rest of the site. I have certainly fallen into that trap myself a couple of times and undoubtedly provided some laughs at my own expense.

EDIT: Frankenstein right. Doubleposting BAD!

What do you mean with "public safety reasons" and why only right wing stuff?

But left wing stuff is constantly making people troon out, mutiliate their genitals and subsequently commit 42%.

That is far more dangerous.
Also obviously we need a woosh rating implemented immediately for posts like this.

Come on dude, I know internet sarcasm is hard sometimes but jeez...

Last edited:

V0dka

I'm drunk.
kiwifarms.net
I mean, A&H has always been a /pol/ carbon copy, it's just gotten worse since recently.

Might be needed if we get these literal /pol/tards posting sources that are obviously fake but the exceptional individuals they are can't tell that.
Who cares where the news is coming from? If it happened, it happened. Only exception is the ultra right wing stuff, which shouldn’t be allowed on here anyway for public safety reasons.
Well if you come to A&H for something that doesn't resemble /pol/ at least in some way then the front page of reddit is right there. Probably 70% of the articles from verifiable mainstream sources on A&H would be deleted from a major news subreddit for some sort of "hate speech dogwhistle" or "cultural insensitivity". Because reality isn't like that magical fairyland that exists in their heads.

Stereotypes exist. Because people in general noticed patterns in various groups of people. Is it evil? May as well say life is evil then.

Funny-American-Soldier-With-Fast-Food.jpg

tumblr_ombj4xIqDe1rnaxu7o1_1280.jpg

Give Her The D

Survives KyoAni. BUT AT WHAT COST?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well if you come to A&H for something that doesn't resemble /pol/ at least in some way then the front page of reddit is right there. Probably 70% of the articles from verifiable mainstream sources on A&H would be deleted from a major news subreddit for some sort of "hate speech dogwhistle" or "cultural insensitivity". Because reality isn't like that magical fairyland that exists in their heads.

Stereotypes exist. Because people in general noticed patterns in various groups of people. Is it evil? May as well say life is evil then.

View attachment 838281

View attachment 838283
tfw you can't tell half the time that people are shitposting when they post like that

Basketball Jones

kiwifarms.net
I disagree with getting rid of the second tag for comedic reasons and replacing it with the site name, but I wouldn’t be opposed to having the source shown in brackets or something at the start of the header.

Example: [CNN] Trump’s Undocumented Migrant Kill-count Rises in Lieu of ICE Deportations - (optional comment)

V0dka

I'm drunk.
kiwifarms.net
tfw you can't tell half the time that people are shitposting when they post like that
You make it sound like you have never literally seen some of those types of comments. They've actually been increasing here as well.

"Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they're in good company."

Give Her The D

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You make it sound like you have never literally seen some of those types of comments. They've actually been increasing here as well.

"Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they're in good company."
> member since late may
> acting like you've seen a threat growing in a month's time

Give Her The D

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I assume you've heard the phrase "lurk more"? It's not like you need an account to read this website. This gatekeeping type argument you are doing is quite reddit-tier.
We don't want this site turning into /pol/, nigger. We don't want people posting shit from the Daily Stormer or some cringefest of a site like that as if it were hardcore truth. You sure aren't reading the thread very well, nor much of the site.

But, since you're always in the right, and I'm just filth here, I'll butt my head out. No need to quip at me anymore.

V0dka

I'm drunk.
kiwifarms.net
We don't want this site turning into /pol/, nigger. We don't want people posting shit from the Daily Stormer or some cringefest of a site like that as if it were hardcore truth. You sure aren't reading the thread very well, nor much of the site.

But, since you're always in the right, and I'm just filth here, I'll butt my head out. No need to quip at me anymore.
I meant resemble /pol/ and 4chan in some way as in free speech and arguments, I didn't mean literally /pol/.... I'm not insane, well..... not insane in that way. If you guys misunderstood, I apologise for not explaining better.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: BILLY MAYS
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino