Votes: 49 36.0%
  • No

Votes: 87 64.0%

• Total voters

The Reaper

Be more kind, my friends.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The point is that halals exist, they are made, and by their nature involve (as gobbogobb puts it) touching locally sourced shit.
>everyone who is doesn't like it is told to ignore it
>they never see the funny
Why don't some A&N posters start asking moderators about how to do halals so they can show the rest of the site what a benefit having it around is, then?

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

Daddy's got a new ride, kiddies.
kiwifarms.net
>everyone who is doesn't like it is told to ignore it
>they never see the funny
Why don't some A&N posters start asking moderators about how to do halals so they can show the rest of the site what a benefit having it around is, then?
Not exactly sure why you'd ask a moderator about anything beyond "I have this, is it funny enough to support a thread and do I need anything more here?" which is, to my understanding, what staff like Burning Fanatic generally handle in PG assuming you've followed thread creation guidelines well enough to not outright insult staff with your incompetence.

If there were a hard "NO HALAL" rule it would basically give any potential cow immunity - they would just make an account the instant a subject they were either tangentially or directly involved in started cropping up. Moreover if "touching locally sourced shit" is a bad thing then cow interaction either in threads or PMs that supports a thread or perhaps even REVITALIZES a stagnating thread would also therefore be bad. KhordKitty's thread took off like a fucking rocket when he stopped in to chat, and he's definitely not the only case where content in a thread resulted from on-Farms interaction. Not only that, but if we take "touching locally sourced shit is just as bad as touching any other shit" to its logical conclusion, then mocking the dumbass parades that march through every time there's a fucking happening of some sort becomes itself bad. You would be OBLIGED to place on ignore every dumb shit that makes an account to, for example, talk about their lord and savior Tarrant, rather than perhaps merely be inclined to do so and choose to do so of your own volition (or not).

What this basically boils down to is people screaming "STOP HAVING FUN IN WAYS I DON'T PERSONALLY ENJOY" at other people.

The Reaper

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not exactly sure why you'd ask a moderator about anything beyond "I have this, is it funny enough to support a thread and do I need anything more here?" which is, to my understanding, what staff like Burning Fanatic generally handle in PG assuming you've followed thread creation guidelines well enough to not outright insult staff with your incompetence.

If there were a hard "NO HALAL" rule it would basically give any potential cow immunity - they would just make an account the instant a subject they were either tangentially or directly involved in started cropping up. Moreover if "touching locally sourced shit" is a bad thing then cow interaction either in threads or PMs that supports a thread or perhaps even REVITALIZES a stagnating thread would also therefore be bad. KhordKitty's thread took off like a fucking rocket when he stopped in to chat, and he's definitely not the only case where content in a thread resulted from on-Farms interaction. Not only that, but if we take "touching locally sourced shit is just as bad as touching any other shit" to its logical conclusion, then mocking the dumbass parades that march through every time there's a fucking happening of some sort becomes itself bad. You would be OBLIGED to place on ignore every dumb shit that makes an account to, for example, talk about their lord and savior Tarrant, rather than perhaps merely be inclined to do so and choose to do so of your own volition (or not).

What this basically boils down to is people screaming "STOP HAVING FUN IN WAYS I DON'T PERSONALLY ENJOY" at other people.
The halals require permissions from higher ups because Null didn't want the site cannibalizing itself. You don't just drop it in proving grounds, and I never said "no halals" just that there was a more involved process.

With that information good luck in rooting out the potential lolcows in A&N and writing up threads! I hope you can find some really interesting stuff!

• Agree
Reactions: KateHikes14

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

kiwifarms.net
The halals require permissions from higher ups because Null didn't want the site cannibalizing itself. You don't just drop it in proving grounds, and I never said "no halals" just that there was a more involved process.

With that information good luck in rooting out the potential lolcows in A&N and writing up threads! I hope you can find some really interesting stuff!
The funny thing about A&N is that, on a site devoted to cataloging and mocking various forms of stupidity, it's not even out of place. Out there, in the rest of the world, there is hilariously stupid shit happening. Sometimes you find out about this hilariously stupid shit through articles. Sometimes the article ITSELF is hilariously stupid shit. Sometimes the REACTIONS to the article are hilariously stupid shit. It shouldn't be surprising that this hilariously stupid shit sometimes takes on a political bent, either, because quite frankly politics gets amazingly retarded and is full of amazing retards.

If you DID get a halal out of A&H/A&N, that would just be icing on the cake really. But I don't think this is even about "we have retards coming to the site because of this section" - I think this is more likely in regards to people getting upset about watching sacred cows (contextual pun not really intended) get tipped. It's not really any sort of secret that A&N and Happenings frequently end up taking direct aim at sociopolitical idiocy in a certain vein. Sometimes it swings in the other direction. Sometimes one side gets visibly upset, sometimes it's the other. Some people might be VERY personally invested in what's happening in there, for whatever reason, and might take things a bit personal as a result.

And to me, that sounds like THEIR problem, not anyone else's, regardless of their leanings and personal convictions. And maybe they should think about that for a bit.

The Reaper

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But I don't think this is even about "we have retards coming to the site because of this section"
What I'm saying is, on a site dedicated to laughing at retards why would you want to outright get rid of the biggest piece of retard-bait on it
But I don't think this is even about "we have retards coming to the site because of this section"
Amazing. Why use it as a justification then?

the autist of dojima

Six scoops
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The funny thing about A&N is that, on a site devoted to cataloging and mocking various forms of stupidity, it's not even out of place. Out there, in the rest of the world, there is hilariously stupid shit happening. Sometimes you find out about this hilariously stupid shit through articles. Sometimes the article ITSELF is hilariously stupid shit. Sometimes the REACTIONS to the article are hilariously stupid shit. It shouldn't be surprising that this hilariously stupid shit sometimes takes on a political bent, either, because quite frankly politics gets amazingly retarded and is full of amazing retards.

If you DID get a halal out of A&H/A&N, that would just be icing on the cake really. But I don't think this is even about "we have retards coming to the site because of this section" - I think this is more likely in regards to people getting upset about watching sacred cows (contextual pun not really intended) get tipped. It's not really any sort of secret that A&N and Happenings frequently end up taking direct aim at sociopolitical idiocy in a certain vein. Sometimes it swings in the other direction. Sometimes one side gets visibly upset, sometimes it's the other. Some people might be VERY personally invested in what's happening in there, for whatever reason, and might take things a bit personal as a result.

And to me, that sounds like THEIR problem, not anyone else's, regardless of their leanings and personal convictions. And maybe they should think about that for a bit.
Never forget that a good chunk of the people complaining about A&H are the same faggots who care about stickers

gobbogobb

lol
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also to all the news retards out there in Internet land:

Just because we doxed you doesn’t mean you’re interesting enough for a thread. I’m guessing zed knows what we all ate for lunch, but it’s not funny.

otherwise we’d have 500 “unemployed NEET/wageslave/high school student Master Debater gets upset at minorities and liberals online” threads

Scratch This Nut

Problematic Chihuahua
kiwifarms.net
There are thousands of places to sperg about politics on the Internet. Having one here is dumb.

That said, if you can't resist the urge to post in A&N it's your own damn fault, and it shouldnt be deleted just becuase you have no self control.
It’s because most A&N posters know that their opinions are shit and wouldn’t be accepted anywhere else.

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

kiwifarms.net
Amazing. Why use it as a justification then?
Because I couldn't rule out the possibility that you or others are operating from that standpoint, and thus it behooves me to entertain the possibility that my hunch that it WASN'T about retard-bait being present on the site was possibly incorrect.

crocodilian

K. K. K.an't Edit Posts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It’s because most A&N posters know that their opinions are shit and wouldn’t be accepted anywhere else.
It has more to do with the modern internet increasingly resembling this:

star warssss.jpg

Kiwifarms just happens to not veer toward the right (of that picture.) I'm surprised some terminally ass-hurt site admin hasn't doxxed half of Articles & Happenings as punishment for wrongthink already.

ProgKing of the North

^^^^FUCKTARD^^^^
kiwifarms.net
Pretending the complaint is anything other than idealogically motivated is dumb. Someone constantly bringing up politics and engaging in it isn't upset by politics being brought into the site, they are upset that they are seeing politics they disagree with.
Like how 95% of "celebrities should stick to movies/music/sports/whatever" only say that when they disagree with what the celebrity is saying then go jizz all over the one saying what they agree with

Tags
None