• Yes

Votes: 49 36.0%
  • No

Votes: 87 64.0%

• Total voters

Approx. 59 Robins

Effort? In MY posts?
kiwifarms.net
Just give people the option to completely hide A&H from view. I almost never see problem users from A&H leaking into the lolcow threads, and the few that do end up getting ridiculed for their sperging and leave.

• Agree
Reactions: Chive Turkey

Immortal Technique

©™
kiwifarms.net
Just give people the option to completely hide A&H from view. I almost never see problem users from A&H leaking into the lolcow threads, and the few that do end up getting ridiculed for their sperging and leave.
Most wouldn't hide it given the option. They hate it and don't even need to look at it now, but they cannot resist going in there still. Then they get upset other people aren't saying the things they want them to be saying. If it's such a issue, just make it so A&N doesn't pop up in the 'New Sperging' section of homepage.

It's their own damn fault if they're already shielded from it, but then go search it out.

Reactions: Fek

stupidpieceofshit

Panzer Vor, Motherfuckers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Most wouldn't hide it given the option. They hate it and don't even need to look at it now, but they cannot resist going in there still. Then they get upset other people aren't saying the things they want them to be saying. If it's such a issue, just make it so A&N doesn't pop up in the 'New Sperging' section of homepage.

It's their own damn fault if they're already shielded from it, but then go search it out.
It is their own fault anyways to start with, you are responsible for your own (re)actions.

Is A&N toxic/cancerious? Yes, but that is what makes it great its a mix trolls and people falling for the trolling, sperging out, which can make for great entertainment, but also one of the few places on the internet you can have actual discussions about news and what not with out internet janitors though policing you.

Ineedahero

kiwifarms.net
The funny thing about A&N is that, on a site devoted to cataloging and mocking various forms of stupidity, it's not even out of place. Out there, in the rest of the world, there is hilariously stupid shit happening. Sometimes you find out about this hilariously stupid shit through articles. Sometimes the article ITSELF is hilariously stupid shit. Sometimes the REACTIONS to the article are hilariously stupid shit. It shouldn't be surprising that this hilariously stupid shit sometimes takes on a political bent, either, because quite frankly politics gets amazingly retarded and is full of amazing retards.

If you DID get a halal out of A&H/A&N, that would just be icing on the cake really. But I don't think this is even about "we have retards coming to the site because of this section" - I think this is more likely in regards to people getting upset about watching sacred cows (contextual pun not really intended) get tipped. It's not really any sort of secret that A&N and Happenings frequently end up taking direct aim at sociopolitical idiocy in a certain vein. Sometimes it swings in the other direction. Sometimes one side gets visibly upset, sometimes it's the other. Some people might be VERY personally invested in what's happening in there, for whatever reason, and might take things a bit personal as a result.

And to me, that sounds like THEIR problem, not anyone else's, regardless of their leanings and personal convictions. And maybe they should think about that for a bit.
The funny thing about a&h is that very few of its inhabitants wanted it to go right wing. From its birth until about 2017 it was liberal. Classical liberal, not broke brained democrat liberal, but still liberal. If you could read through a&h from the beginning you would have seen it change to right wing, but it did so almost in spite of the users. How many kiwifarms centrists/right wingers were liberals in 2015? So many. For a while there it was like you couldn't read a political oriented thread without someone stressing over abandoning leftism. I know I did enough of it.

One thing the Floyd situation taught me about myself was that I didn't want a reason to believe the left wing narrative, I wanted an excuse. Any flimsy excuse would do, because I still hold all of the values that made me a liberal in the first place, and I was brought up being told that meant I was left wing. And, you know, I wouldn't be afraid using logic and reason to assess a situation would make me a pariah.

But I didn't get an excuse, I didn't really even have a choice. The 230 shenanigans are a good example, even when I straight up beg for alternative arguments all I get are dumb or mati ratings. People on the left have mainstream support, so why would they bother arguing their points? It's easier to just flounce into pms bitching about the magatards in a&h. Now it seems like they are straight up incapable of arguing their position. Maybe their brains have atrophied?

Sadly this has made the forum practically worthless for what drew me to it in the first place - interesting conversations with intelligent people with unique perspectives. (On a side note, that impulse is why I think baiting has always been so easy in a&h, but that might be wildly optimistic of me) That's why I liked Ashy and Tuscan and @The Last Stand - even though we disagree on a shitload of stuff, they said/say what they thought/think, and that's really the only qualification you need to take part. Well that and some balls.

A&h is a still a primo shitposting platform though, that's got to have value.

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

Daddy's got a new ride, kiddies.
kiwifarms.net
The funny thing about a&h is that very few of its inhabitants wanted it to go right wing. From its birth until about 2017 it was liberal. Classical liberal, not broke brained democrat liberal, but still liberal. If you could read through a&h from the beginning you would have seen it change to right wing, but it did so almost in spite of the users. How many kiwifarms centrists/right wingers were liberals in 2015? So many. For a while there it was like you couldn't read a political oriented thread without someone stressing over abandoning leftism. I know I did enough of it.

One thing the Floyd situation taught me about myself was that I didn't want a reason to believe the left wing narrative, I wanted an excuse. Any flimsy excuse would do, because I still hold all of the values that made me a liberal in the first place, and I was brought up being told that meant I was left wing. And, you know, I wouldn't be afraid using logic and reason to assess a situation would make me a pariah.

But I didn't get an excuse, I didn't really even have a choice. The 230 shenanigans are a good example, even when I straight up beg for alternative arguments all I get are dumb or mati ratings. People on the left have mainstream support, so why would they bother arguing their points? It's easier to just flounce into pms bitching about the magatards in a&h. Now it seems like they are straight up incapable of arguing their position. Maybe their brains have atrophied?

Sadly this has made the forum practically worthless for what drew me to it in the first place - interesting conversations with intelligent people with unique perspectives. (On a side note, that impulse is why I think baiting has always been so easy in a&h, but that might be wildly optimistic of me) That's why I liked Ashy and Tuscan and @The Last Stand - even though we disagree on a shitload of stuff, they said/say what they thought/think, and that's really the only qualification you need to take part. Well that and some balls.

A&h is a still a primo shitposting platform though, that's got to have value.
I still consider myself nominally classically liberal at least, but I consider it a blessing of sorts to be reminded that no political viewpoint is ever infallible, even if that reminder comes in the form of rampant shitposting. People need to stop taking the political circus so damn seriously, need to stop the borderline hero-worship of political figures and need to realize that elected officials are not your allies regardless of the letter next to their name. They all do stupid shit, sometimes indefensibly stupid shit. The 230 thing should have been a fucking reminder to anyone firmly in the Trump camp that Daddy Drumpf requires as tight a leash as any fucking politician, just like all the other articles lambasting Dems for their retardation should be a reminder to that camp of the same.

Baiting and shitposting and whatnot in A&N/A&H is an ostensibly good thing - poking fun at both pols and the people who might unironically follow up a realization that their pols are screwing the fucking pooch with "and this is why this is actually a good thing" or anyone with a slavish devotion to one side or another is about the only thing anyone can do at this point to get them to put a healthier distance between themselves and political circus bullshit. Sincerely arguing points with other people might be a positive when you're dealing with someone who has already put that distance between themselves and said circus, but for anyone who's in danger of being a "Vote X no matter what" kind of person doing that is like as not to trigger the backfire effect.

That all being said, the forum's general decline in terms of interesting conversations is probably a direct result of what I would call a cultural zeitgeist in which a snappy soundbite and funny maymay is considered a BETTER use of your time than actual conversation. I've already noticed this in cow threads ffs, and to be fair it's not like you can really change most cows' minds about their potentially disastrous life trajectories when they grace the forum with their presence - that's part of why so many of them are cows.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I still think the moral outrage cows where it's another circlejerk about a creepy pedo or bad parent do more to drag down the rest of the site.
They set the tone of "lolcow = person you want to hate to death" instead of "let's laugh at them"

derpherp2

kiwifarms.net
I came here for the cows and discovered that I enjoy to read the insane "news" stories posted in A&H. (Seriously, it's like a mildly more offensive and funny DailyMail, without that schmuck Morgan.)

I think that A&H should probably stick around, but if it causes Null and the Jannies that much grief, I'd be willing to let it go. I'm a newfag anyway, so my opinion doesn't matter.

The highlight of my life right now on the Farms is being able to not have to work around the word milk in recipes, anymore.
E- Null and the Jannies is a great name for a band.
Same, but the A&H here is such a uniquely different source of information than the regular ones that I like it for entertainment reasons.
I'm fine with it being gone either way anyways, Happenings is a much better source of fringe information now.

Then again with it gone, people will just migrate to Happenings more.

• Feels
Reactions: SilkGnut

Wendy Carter

When I am still, it is as lifeless as Abigail.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I still can't believe it took Null 2 years+ to realize what almost everybody on staff knew all this time, warned him about continuously, and after all that tried presenting it as some sort of new discovery that he found out about recently.

But he definitely listens to staff, though!

Ineedahero

kiwifarms.net
I still can't believe it took Null 2 years+ to realize what almost everybody on staff knew all this time, warned him about continuously, and after all that tried presenting it as some sort of new discovery that he found out about recently.

But he definitely listens to staff, though!
Null's cycle of shutting down and reopening a&h is like a foundation myth of the farms, what are you talking about?

• Agree
Reactions: AnOminous
Tags
None