A History of conventions with Vic Mignogna -

Harvey Danger

getting tired of this whole internet thing
kiwifarms.net
I've actually been looking for them in the private Animethon group on Facebook and a good portion have been deleted, Regardless though, it's not the only convention he's been banned from.
If you can name the other ones he's been banned from (hopefully with links), it would be really useful to have a "Banned From" list added here. That term gets thrown around a lot, but I haven't seen a verified list anywhere we can refer to.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He's very rude to con staff and treats them like dogs. Every time someone makes a post on wanting Vic at Animethon the staff explains why he's banned lol.
This is actually kind of important. Proof that Vic has been "banned" from conventions for being a diva and treating volunteers like crap would undermine the claims of those saying he was "banned" from conventions for sexually inappropriate behaviour.

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
Yeah but Conventions can also Opt out from having a guest. I have friends that volunteer for the convention scene and that shit is a hard job. Nobody wants to deal with a manbaby when they got hundreds of other tasks to deal with lol.
If the shit rolls downhill and hits you, that ain't Vic's fault. That's management for making a promise they couldn't deliver on.

Part of being a contractor is being a dick and demanding the shit contained in your contract. You don't have an HR department to complain to. There is no shop steward to take your grievance to. There is no Department of Labor and Industries where you can file forms. It's just you and you have to stick up for yourself. That often means yanking a knot in the tail of the shortbus sonzuvbitches fucking things up rather than the weasel management dickheads who always seem to make themselves scarce when the storm clouds start rolling in.

Sucks to be that guy stuck in the middle of it but you can't really fault the person making a fuss for demanding what he is due.

Kari Kamiya

Gun Version Legendary Mascot
kiwifarms.net
So Monica's decline in convention appearances happened pretty early into her con career. That's interesting, was this because of the Tequila story by any chance, or think something much more damning happened that caused such a notable drop-off from 2005 to 2006?

• Informative
Reactions: Syaoran Li

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
So Monica's decline in convention appearances happened pretty early into her con career. That's interesting, was this because of the Tequila story by any chance, or think something much more damning happened that caused such a notable drop-off from 2005 to 2006?
Honestly, I think a lot of it was voluntary. Remember, this isn't the number of invites, it's the number of acceptances. It's very likely she realized 24 conventions in one year was more than she was willing to do. 12 or 13 is still quite a lot, it just seems small because you're comparing it to notorious workhorse Vic Mignogna.

I'm not sure, but I think the steep drop off in 2008 and 2009 was because she was doing a lot more ADR direction and writing at that time, but I might have my timelines mixed up.

Lord of the Large Pants

Chicks dig giant robots.
kiwifarms.net
Yeah but Conventions can also Opt out from having a guest. I have friends that volunteer for the convention scene and that shit is a hard job. Nobody wants to deal with a manbaby when they got hundreds of other tasks to deal with lol.
What exactly are nerd con volunteers there for if not dealing with manbabies? I assumed that was the core of the job description.

Genkoda

A fluorescent African American government worker
kiwifarms.net
What exactly are nerd con volunteers there for if not dealing with manbabies? I assumed that was the core of the job description.
Especially for contract fulfillment. Some VA's have enough invitations that they have to decline because they would coincide with another convention. If a VA like that is choosing your convention, not honoring the contract is a slap in the face. If a convention does not wish to fulfill a contract, then the VA can take their business elsewhere, but not in the middle of the event.

Ponderous Pillock

Welcome to Triple T, Tards, Troons and Trolls!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Too many of them do it so they don't have to pay to go.

Then a lot more fucking whinge non-stop about stupid stuff.

I helped a friend out on his artist stand at one of these things once and we were also selling stuff for charity. I'd paid for the printing of the charity stuff so could do pretty much what I wanted to shift that merch.

So two con volunteers come up. One dude is very friendly, stops and chats a bit, I mention the charity posters and he looks a bit bashful as he has like 5 euros on him. As it was for charity I let him have the set for the price of one.

Other dude buys the full poster set my friend did at an already discounted price and proceeds to bitch at me for not giving him a similar deal. He then proceeds to barge past me and flees with his posters.

Con volunteers can be whingey twats who really are just doing it to get out of having to pay for shit.

It's funny how Animethon isn't even listed. Probably due to the fact he was banned after being a Dick Mangina to convention staff.
Why would it be listed? OP was counting the number of conventions that Vic and a few other relevant VAs were at each year, and noting the conventions where Vic and at least one of the others VAs were present. Of that group of people, only Vic was present at the one Animethon he was a guest at, so OP would have had no reason to list it.

Reactions: ShinyStar

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
He's very rude to con staff and treats them like dogs. Every time someone makes a post on wanting Vic at Animethon the staff explains why he's banned lol.
Con staff are dogs, though. I haven't seen a single one of them that isn't an entitled, mentally ill nutcase who makes shit up constantly. Even after getting together to cobble together their stories, they can't seem to get on the same page on even basic details of shit that happened to them.

JamFlowMan

kiwifarms.net
wew, this explains EXACTLY why monica is so jealous
View attachment 866367
Let's go nuts and say Vic was banned from 10 cons for being a dick. Looking at the numbers one could hypothesis that those cons might not have had their shit together. He could also just be an asshole or maybe was just in a bad mood those weekends. All you get are vague stories where Vic was mean or acting like a diva. Without specifics it is tough to know what's going on.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
Dish out some of that hot goss. What exactly does Vic do at those cons that's terrible? Is he making people do shit outside his contracts? Because if he's just enforcing the contract that was signed, sucks for the volunteers, but don't work there if you're not willing to honor deals that were agreed upon beforehand.

Far Queue

kiwifarms.net
Can you change Collen's color its too close to Monica's
To add to to is, it would probably work better to put the years on the vertical axis as well. It would be easier to read if the bars were a little larger on top of the better color differentiation and the chart is going to run longest along the years axis so doing it that way would make it more readable, especially on mobile devices.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino