A History of conventions with Vic Mignogna -

FluffyTet

A friggin' weeb
kiwifarms.net
Can you change Collen's color its too close to Monica's
ill remake it, the thing is giving my OCD a spaz fit.

Let's go nuts and say Vic was banned from 10 cons for being a dick. Looking at the numbers one could hypothesis that those cons might not have had their shit together. He could also just be an asshole or maybe was just in a bad mood those weekends. All you get are vague stories where Vic was mean or acting like a diva. Without specifics it is tough to know what's going on.
Monica has not had the same number of cons or more since '08.

As of 2019, Vic has had a significant drop. KCon is all I know off the top of my head.

Allanon

kiwifarms.net
The only Vic appearance at Animethon. I'm gonna slap 'x' to doubt on the idea that Vic was an entitled manbaby too difficult to handle. 2006 is where the first mention of Vic having an ego appears, but it's 2007 that his fame hits its stride. If you wanted me to believe fame got to him at Animethon and he was super entitled, you should have picked one in 2009 or 2010. That would have been the height of Vic's career and before the fujo rumors started attacking him.

Here's what I think happened: Animethon failed to live up to their contract with Vic, and he wasn't having it. He got irritated at them and butted heads and then refused to ever come back. Animethon spins it as if they banned him so they don't look bad. It'll be hard to find much to prove my theory since VAs and guests are rarely vocal about cons refusing to honor contracts, but I did find a thread in /cgl/ a few years ago that complained about animethon staff being cocky and letting power get to their heads. Not a good look for people claiming to have banned Vic for bad behavior.

Speaking of convention appearances overlapping, according to the filing where the jellybean incident happened 6 years ago, the event would have happened in 2013, which would have to be Collosalcon. I know people have done some investigation into it, but haven't found anything on it yet.

However, if she overestimated the number of years and it's 2014, the two cons they shared were Evilecon and Anime Oasis.

She didn't underestimate how long it had been, though, because they don't share a con before that until 2009.

I'm inclined to believe earlier stories more about the jellybean incident, as those weren't contested and were far more mild. The deposition one was the most inflammatory, the only time Greg was ever mentioned, and has a hugely different timeframe (roughly double the time back, where it's harder to look). I extensively combed through all of the convention appearances during that time using archives and such and found no trace of the story. While it's not impossible to have happened and not been talked about (because it was just the joke, no manhandling). I know fans well enough to suspect someone would have mentioned it. And Monica lied so hard in depo I'm inclined to think all alterations present in that version are lies until Vic corroborates that timeframe and Greg's inclusion.

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of convention appearances overlapping, according to the filing where the jellybean incident happened 6 years ago, the event would have happened in 2013, which would have to be Collosalcon. I know people have done some investigation into it, but haven't found anything on it yet.

However, if she overestimated the number of years and it's 2014, the two cons they shared were Evilecon and Anime Oasis.

She didn't underestimate how long it had been, though, because they don't share a con before that until 2009.

I'm inclined to believe earlier stories more about the jellybean incident, as those weren't contested and were far more mild. The deposition one was the most inflammatory, the only time Greg was ever mentioned, and has a hugely different timeframe (roughly double the time back, where it's harder to look). I extensively combed through all of the convention appearances during that time using archives and such and found no trace of the story. While it's not impossible to have happened and not been talked about (because it was just the joke, no manhandling). I know fans well enough to suspect someone would have mentioned it. And Monica lied so hard in depo I'm inclined to think all alterations present in that version are lies until Vic corroborates that timeframe and Greg's inclusion.
Vic does say the incident did happen but neglected to mention the year and the convention. Bummer.
And how did anyone not record it?!

Allanon

kiwifarms.net
Wasn't it at the autograph signing area? I don't know about this specific con, but photographing/recording is frequently discouraged there without permission from the guest.
The story differs. Originally it was said to be a panel, but Monica later amended it to 'autograph signing table'. I think either is possible, but an autograph table makes sense simply because the guests are there for hours and frequently do have snacks.

That said, wherever it happened there's still a good chance of there being some record of it. Maybe not film, but because it was a silly/cute interaction some fan might have talked about it. And if Monica's crazy version of face touching were at all true, fans would flip out about it. Not out of anger, mind, but because two VAs are essentially flirting in front of them.

Seraphic_Vishnal

aspetta e spera
kiwifarms.net
Considering most con staff and volunteers that I had the pleasure/ displeasure of crossing paths with were either: A) Thieving assholes, B) Lazy fucks who didn't know their assholes from a hole in the ground, and only took the jobs because they got free stuff. Or C) The entitled holier than thou jagoffs that spouted off rules like they were holy scriture, but were nowhere to be seen once there was a real problem either in the dealers room or with the actors. They just *poofed* right on outta there. And there were exceptions to these, but those were far and few between.

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
The only Vic appearance at Animethon. I'm gonna slap 'x' to doubt on the idea that Vic was an entitled manbaby too difficult to handle. 2006 is where the first mention of Vic having an ego appears, but it's 2007 that his fame hits its stride. If you wanted me to believe fame got to him at Animethon and he was super entitled, you should have picked one in 2009 or 2010. That would have been the height of Vic's career and before the fujo rumors started attacking him.

Here's what I think happened: Animethon failed to live up to their contract with Vic, and he wasn't having it. He got irritated at them and butted heads and then refused to ever come back. Animethon spins it as if they banned him so they don't look bad. It'll be hard to find much to prove my theory since VAs and guests are rarely vocal about cons refusing to honor contracts, but I did find a thread in /cgl/ a few years ago that complained about animethon staff being cocky and letting power get to their heads. Not a good look for people claiming to have banned Vic for bad behavior.
2007 is also when the fujoshi rage started when he said a couple of characters werent gay.

Reactions: Allanon

Doctor D

kiwifarms.net
Man I know for sure I've seen the jellybean incident. It was at a panel, not a signing area. There is video of it, I saw it on twitter but didn't bother to archive, my apologies. Trying to remember anything that would give away when this was. The incident happens exactly like vic says. They're joking on stage and then monica signs the jellybean and throws it at Vic. He eats it and says "now I can say I've eaten Monica!" in an obvious joking tone. Apologies that I can't assist further.
Edit: I'm also reasonably sure that Nick has it.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Allanon

Zero Day Defense

The Wankiest.
kiwifarms.net
Man I know for sure I've seen the jellybean incident. It was at a panel, not a signing area. There is video of it, I saw it on twitter but didn't bother to archive, my apologies.
I take it that it must have been a while since you've seen the video?

Doctor D

kiwifarms.net
I take it that it must have been a while since you've seen the video?
Atleast a month now, yeah. Hope someone finds it, although it isn't very interesting. Seems to the only thing Monica had said that can be confirmed. Doesn't help her that's it's exceptional to say what he did was sexual.

Iron Hamster

kiwifarms.net
Man I know for sure I've seen the jellybean incident. It was at a panel, not a signing area. There is video of it, I saw it on twitter but didn't bother to archive, my apologies. Trying to remember anything that would give away when this was. The incident happens exactly like vic says. They're joking on stage and then monica signs the jellybean and throws it at Vic. He eats it and says "now I can say I've eaten Monica!" in an obvious joking tone. Apologies that I can't assist further.
Edit: I'm also reasonably sure that Nick has it.
I've seen it too. It's taken from the VA's right side and Vic is to the tight of Monica but I can't find it either. I thought one of the weebs made a video about it.

• Agree
Reactions: Doctor D

Doctor D

kiwifarms.net
I've seen it too. It's taken from the VA's right side and Vic is to the tight of Monica but I can't find it either. I thought one of the weebs made a video about it.
Maybe it got purged, wouldn't be too unlikely that the person who filmed it took it down because it made Monica look bad. Or it's just hard to find. But it was at some point out there

Allanon

kiwifarms.net
Are you sure you're not talking about the hi-chew? People confused the two. In that one Vic gives Monica a candy and she questions whether it will pull out her dental work. It's not the jellybean incident.

Iron Hamster

kiwifarms.net
Are you sure you're not talking about the hi-chew? People confused the two. In that one Vic gives Monica a candy and she questions whether it will pull out her dental work. It's not the jellybean incident.
Def not that. I just saw that one the other day for the first time.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino