A KiwiTheory: Healthy Body = Healthy Mind? -

• Stealth is back for people browsing at work (it's jank as shit but whatever).
    The email should be working now.

2021Murder

SEVP of Outreach for Trovo.live
bored and scrolling through lolcow pages and i've noticed the same think you all did. fatness and on rare occasions anorexia. but i've also noticed an extreme lack of people with "normal" body types. So i just wanted to know if other people have sort of a similar feeling that there is a correlation between lolcow's state of mind and their size. I'm not saying there aren't any lolcows that wear mediums or larges but that if you do see someone sperging out online, they probably wear a size with a least one X on it.

Idiotron

The last sane person on Earth
It always baffled me how people can 100% agree that diet affects the body but refuse to believe that it affects the brain, as if the brain is somehow a separate entity.
The food you eat is what fuels your brain.
If the fuel is crap, your brain will work like crap.

I think I've said this on KF before but the best solution for chronic depression and many other mental issues is a diet change.
I'll add regular exercise and a proper sleeping pattern to that but diet is more important.
Many people will disregard this and tell me that I don't get it but.... have you ever actually tried it?
Have you tried eating raw fruits and vegetables, fish, lean meat and eggs as well as drinking only water for at least a month?
Have you tried not smoking or drinking or taking any kind of drugs (including prescription one, caffeine and many more)?
Most haven't but they will laugh at you if you ever suggest that it works.

If you're always angry or depressed, try what I suggested in the last paragraph, give it a month.
Yes, it will be hard at first because you're addicted to a lot of things you don't even take into consideration.
You will have to say "NO" to a lot of things that you just accept as being part of your life.
However, after you get used to this, you'll see the difference.
According to studies, you need to repeat something for 21 days for it to become a habit, it's not that long, you can do it.
You'll thank me later.

DJ Grelle

MONKE leader of GANG RETARD
Mens sana in corpore sano.
Even the ancient romans knew this. You cannot be a well-rounded and mentally sound person if you do not dedicate yourself to taking care of yourself. This ranges from eating well, to grooming and cleaning to exercise and sleep.

Devyn

True & Honest Fan
bored and scrolling through lolcow pages and i've noticed the same think you all did. fatness and on rare occasions anorexia. but i've also noticed an extreme lack of people with "normal" body types. So i just wanted to know if other people have sort of a similar feeling that there is a correlation between lolcow's state of mind and their size. I'm not saying there aren't any lolcows that wear mediums or larges but that if you do see someone sperging out online, they probably wear a size with a least one X on it.
I think you might find this interesting:
TL;DW
The further we stray from what we evolved to eat, the more crazy and depressed we become. Adopting a vegetarian and especially a vegan diet is very strongly correlated with future onset of mental illness (excessive consumption of sugar and starch is too)

Last edited:

JustFuckinaDude

"Why can't you act like a regular sociopath?"
The bodybuilding dot com forums are all the evidence you need that the body can be as fit as a fiddle while the mind is tragically misaligned
I’d argue that their bodies aren’t healthy either.

While I don’t have any studies to back this up or anything, I am an avid gym-goer and all the people that act like absolute retards in my gym are very obviously “supplementing” their natural hormones.

I realize that anecdotal evidence doesn’t mean much, simply an observation.

im12_andwhatisthis?

warriorcats memes are elite
I’d argue that their bodies aren’t healthy either.

While I don’t have any studies to back this up or anything, I am an avid gym-goer and all the people that act like absolute retards in my gym are very obviously “supplementing” their natural hormones.

I realize that anecdotal evidence doesn’t mean much, simply an observation.
Fair—the people who clen and tren are definitely far from healthy, but there are also people on the forums who are clean and have some pretty insane routines/habits bordering on orthorexia. But yeah, BB forums definitely juicy.

I work with some of the most extremely fit and health conscious people to exist. Their pay and success in the job is directly dependant on it.

They're all so fucked in the head it's hard to put into words. But it's a different kind of fucked, like "compulsively starts bar brawls" or "will spontaneously start crying if something life threatening isn't happening" type of fucked.

Mens sana in corpore sano.
Even the ancient romans knew this. You cannot be a well-rounded and mentally sound person if you do not dedicate yourself to taking care of yourself. This ranges from eating well, to grooming and cleaning to exercise and sleep.
Romans? Try Socrates and Thales. It’s common sense that’s been neglected for millennia.

Imperial Citizen

For the Empire!
It always baffled me how people can 100% agree that diet affects the body but refuse to believe that it affects the brain, as if the brain is somehow a separate entity.
The food you eat is what fuels your brain.
If the fuel is crap, your brain will work like crap.

I think I've said this on KF before but the best solution for chronic depression and many other mental issues is a diet change.
I'll add regular exercise and a proper sleeping pattern to that but diet is more important.
Many people will disregard this and tell me that I don't get it but.... have you ever actually tried it?
Have you tried eating raw fruits and vegetables, fish, lean meat and eggs as well as drinking only water for at least a month?
Have you tried not smoking or drinking or taking any kind of drugs (including prescription one, caffeine and many more)?
Most haven't but they will laugh at you if you ever suggest that it works.

If you're always angry or depressed, try what I suggested in the last paragraph, give it a month.
Yes, it will be hard at first because you're addicted to a lot of things you don't even take into consideration.
You will have to say "NO" to a lot of things that you just accept as being part of your life.
However, after you get used to this, you'll see the difference.
According to studies, you need to repeat something for 21 days for it to become a habit, it's not that long, you can do it.
You'll thank me later.
The issue isn't trying to do it, but the willpower to maintain it. People like a routine, even an unhealthy one. And don't forget the extra willpower it will take to start a routine that requires more energy to maintain. 21 days can seem like a year to some.

And when it comes to lolcows, they generally have low delayed gratification. They are attention seekers and will use any means to seek that attention even if it harms them in the long run. People will watch me eat a day's worth of calories in one sitting? There's a community that says that they will love and protect me if I get bottom surgery? I get to post my thoughts online and verbally smackdown the mayonnaise ghouls that respond to me?

They are not willing to go through the pain of changing habits when they can get immediate satisfaction from their actions.

Genuine mental illness can limit one's options, a person's ability to think rationally. And considering the number of lolcows that suffer from mental illness and it is no surprise that they have unhealthy bodies.

If only they surrounded themselves with people that care about their wellbeing, but unfortunately, their enablers feed off the actions of a lolcow. Pardon the image, but it is a circle of lolcows feeding off of each others teats until they are milked dry.

Rev

Stupid Lesbian
A lot of gym rats are fucked in the head, but its not because they work out, rather people work out to cope with anxiety and depression. High intensity aerobics and even oxygen itself are natural highs so they give people temporary escape from their problems. Also, like many other things exercise can be addictive.
On the other hand a bad diet and lack of sunlight and exercise will lead to mode and behavioral issues. Humans evolved as migratory animals, we were not meant to sit on our asses all day in front of a computer. Our emotions are not solely produced by the brain, our microbiomes play a role too.

TL;DR: healthy body =/= healthy mind but healthy body=healthier mind
you still still work out and eat healthy cause even if you're still fucked in the head at least you'll be hot