Science A Mysterious Infection, Spanning the Globe in a Climate of Secrecy - The rise of Candida auris embodies a serious and growing public health threat: drug-resistant germs.

Apocalypse when?

• Total voters

goku_black

kiwifarms.net
Since it's a fungus, isn't it possible to create a cure for some diseases out of it? How ironic would it be if it cured one of the more stubborn diseases like HIV?
if you did take the premise it could cure other diseases; the problem with candida auris is that it is difficult to cure, to easily spread, difficult to control. so research into it is going to be very slow or too difficult to research.

Wendy_Carter

Abigail? Come back! I'm not done playing with you.
kiwifarms.net
You most likely have seen it it already, but our favourite potato nigger, Mister Metokur, made a video talking about it if you're too lazy to read it all.
We can't even go to Greenland now, because fungus has the "infest a random person in an uninfested country" perk. And Madagascar has measles, so splitting the population 50/50 and seeing which country survives will not work. RIP humanity, was absolute garbage, but a few years were nice.

Reactions: Wish a nigga would

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
I've never really understood the controversy over drug resistant infections. It happens because we've been treating them with drugs for a long time and some strains evolve to counter it, right? But... if we didn't treat those infections with drugs in the first place, then you still have loads of people dying. What choice are you supposed to take?

cuddle striker

there's a drawer for everyone, don't worry
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've never really understood the controversy over drug resistant infections. It happens because we've been treating them with drugs for a long time and some strains evolve to counter it, right? But... if we didn't treat those infections with drugs in the first place, then you still have loads of people dying. What choice are you supposed to take?
treat sparingly. don't over use the drugs. definitely don't randomly give all livestock huge doses of it and spray antifungals all over the crops. and don't try to use any antibiotics or antifungals to treat the flu.

Krimjob

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 726504
Ebola chan version of C. auris when?

maybe something like that but not pregnant (fucking DeviantArt)
Great, now I feel like an absolute degenerate.

In all seriousness though, surprised how this is still a discussion. I mean sure, it's near impossible to avoid antibiotics in meat (unless you have money/access to local stuff), but there is a ton of stuff an individual can do. I personally never take antibiotics and would only if the alternative is dying.

For anti-fungal and such you can simply avoid the clearly unnatural stuff. Not that it's 100% possible but still, most people should be able to minimize the risks.

Kinda scary how this fungus supposedly could go rampant in a mans room without any clear signs as to why though. Oh well, luckily I don't live in a city so probably less likely to get infected by this kind of shit.

lilrosebush666

I like fire
kiwifarms.net

BlastDoors41

kiwifarms.net
Does anyone else think that this new superbug, the sudden Anti-vaxxers wave, and tesla installing a "bioweapon" feature into their cars around this time last year??

Working on a theory need help. Feel free to troll me

https://www.fox5dc.com/amp/news/local-news/v-cases-confirmed-in-maryland-virginia

Soap being made to stop drug resistant viruses. 8 million (most likely more) are being thrown its way

The rich are trying to create Tiphares.

The problems of the world at large are too ccomplex for them to tackle so they’re just going to ensconce themselves in climate controlled, sanitized areas away from the rest of the unwashed masses and hope the rest of us die off to manageable levels.

This is why all the griping on this site and elsewhere about third world population numbers annoys me.

The elite don’t see a material difference between them and the middle class of the first world.

Reactions: Eryngium

lilrosebush666

I like fire
kiwifarms.net
Viruses, fungi, and bacteria are different.

There are no vaccines for bacteria or fungi.

But who knows. Maybe build an ark, just in case.
Not my argument. Viruses can be engineered. This one (actually 4) made a large leap in evolution. So large that a hospital needed to sterilize a whole room and rip out part of a ceiling, due to how infectious it was.. This is not making daily news platforms either. Coupled with the fact that around this time last year(jun. 1 to be extract I think) elon musk added a bioweapon air filtration system into his newest cars. In an age where medicine and tech are the backbone of the world; this is dangerous and suspicious.

TowinKarz

Actually WILL Call Somebody.....
kiwifarms.net
Same panic happened when drug-resistant staph started infesting hospitals in the early 90's..... the media has had a historically terrible track record when it comes to responsibly reporting heath risks/issues.

I can recall them sounding the klaxons over Drug-resistant staph, hantavirus, ebola, SARS, mad cow, Bird Flu, Swine Flu, H1-whatever Flu...... in case you haven't been paying attention, spoiler, none of those new Superbug-Superplagues ever happened. And that's not counting the total science fiction scares like "zombie deer".

But the reporting was always the same - "Hasn't happened yet and how do we know this isn't a secretly-engineered bio-weapon?" they say and it's off to the next scare.

Reactions: Marvin
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino