Science A Mysterious Infection, Spanning the Globe in a Climate of Secrecy - The rise of Candida auris embodies a serious and growing public health threat: drug-resistant germs.

Apocalypse when?

• Total voters

Mehki Martin-Blocker

lilrosebush666
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
Same panic happened when drug-resistant staph started infesting hospitals in the early 90's..... the media has had a historically terrible track record when it comes to responsibly reporting heath risks/issues.

I can recall them sounding the klaxons over Drug-resistant staph, hantavirus, ebola, SARS, mad cow, Bird Flu, Swine Flu, H1-whatever Flu...... in case you haven't been paying attention, spoiler, none of those new Superbug-Superplagues ever happened. And that's not counting the total science fiction scares like "zombie deer".

But the reporting was always the same - "Hasn't happened yet" they say and it's off to the next scare.

Ok but anti-vaxxers exist on a wider scale. Phones are used a lot more. A lot more people smoke and have a lower immune system. Come on now

not william stenchever

Praise Gork and Mork
kiwifarms.net
So in the background of Warhammer 40,000, the Dark Age of Technology was one caused by technologies running out of control; self replicating machines, artificial intelligences etc. It would not surprise me if incredibly capable manmade diseases were part of the package. Soon enough in our own world, Nugle's chosen will exalt at the death unleashed on microbial wings under the sun-blossoms of nuclear detonations.

Just A Butt

Lift me up, like a garage door.
kiwifarms.net
Not my argument. Viruses can be engineered. This one (actually 4) made a large leap in evolution. So large that a hospital needed to sterilize a whole room and rip out part of a ceiling, due to how infectious it was.. This is not making daily news platforms either. Coupled with the fact that around this time last year(jun. 1 to be extract I think) elon musk added a bioweapon air filtration system into his newest cars. In an age where medicine and tech are the backbone of the world; this is dangerous and suspicious.
I understand that isn’t your argument.

But you cite an article about anti-BACTERIAL soap, and claim it’s about viruses. And you mention the new FUNGUS superbug as you talk about vaccines.

So I felt there was a need to clarify.

Edit: also? They ripped the ceiling out because of fungi. Not viruses.

Absolutego

kiwifarms.net

Mehki Martin-Blocker

lilrosebush666
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
So in the background of Warhammer 40,000, the Dark Age of Technology was one caused by technologies running out of control; self replicating machines, artificial intelligences etc. It would not surprise me if incredibly capable manmade diseases were part of the package. Soon enough in our own world, Nugle's chosen will exalt at the death unleashed on microbial wings under the sun-blossoms of nuclear detonations.
But bro....lmao, will it have weed tho

Mehki Martin-Blocker

lilrosebush666
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
I understand that isn’t your argument.

But you cite an article about anti-BACTERIAL soap, and claim it’s about viruses. And you mention the new FUNGUS superbug as you talk about vaccines.

So I felt there was a need to clarify.

Edit: also? They ripped the ceiling out because of fungi. Not viruses.
Sorry. At work and was doing some big brain thinking without proper research, but I believe this superbug has the same characteristics as a fungi. That's why there's a bigger fuss in my opinion

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino