A note on the continued usefulness of Brave -

misterduckford

I touched a wiener, last weekend. It was warm.
kiwifarms.net
They just stole 20 BAT from me on an autocontribute bug and neither I nor anyone are getting responses from technical support. Ive been using Brave over a year now and letting it build up for most of that time. @Null how about you call the CEO a nigger for me in your own special way and get my shit back?
(I really don't care I didn't lift a finger for that tip money but I'm interested to hear if you've had similar issues - you being their most decorated white nationalist investor)

• Informative
Reactions: Dork Of Ages

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
Gave it a go

Looks and works exactly like Chrome, should get used to it pretty quick

Made 0.1 BAT so far, but I only got one ad in a few hours

Will fuck around with the settings a bit more
Just realize that the BAT that you earn "so far" is only an estimate of what you will receive... they actually issue the payouts beginning on the 5th of each month, and it can take a day or two for everyone to get their payout. You won't be able to tip the BAT until you actually receive the payout.

If your wallet is verified with Uphold, the BAT you've earned will automatically be deposited into your Uphold account. Otherwise, it'll show a badge on the BAT icon when your payout is available and you'll have to click on it and then complete a simple captcha to receive the BAT.

IMayUseSpaces

found you
kiwifarms.net
Crypto is the only reason the site is still up. I use it every day. My cards weren't working at an ATM here in Serbia, so I sold $100 in Bitcoin to a Bitcoin ATM.

I can't stress enough, the only reason I was not forced to bring the site down by Sam was thanks to support by crypto. We were not receiving any other income for two years besides anonymous crypto donations.

Also, Firefox is fucking garbage.
Can you give me a quick summary of why Firefox is terrible? I'm curious about your perspective on it (as well as any others who wish to chime in). I am aware of their garbage woke politics, moreso the technical aspect I'm not so familiar with. Though usually the two are intertwined these days.

I am switching to Brave ASAP on your recommendation regardless, at this point I'm just curious to hear the truth about Firefox beyond all their talking points.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Can you give me a quick summary of why Firefox is terrible? I'm curious about your perspective on it (as well as any others who wish to chime in). I am aware of their garbage woke politics, moreso the technical aspect I'm not so familiar with. Though usually the two are intertwined these days.

I am switching to Brave ASAP on your recommendation regardless, at this point I'm just curious to hear the truth about Firefox beyond all their talking points.
FireFox's usability has continuously declined over the years. I've tried replacing Chrome with FireFox before Brave was a thing and was just stunned by how slow and shitty it was. I also don't like the developer tools and I've had trouble getting site features working on Chrome working in FireFox. It's just a preference thing but it's mine.

NOT Sword Fighter Super

"Cheerleeder" of Slapfights
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think this is only true for Android. I'm on IOS and I'm pretty sure it's not available. Brave still blocks youtube ads though.

Edit : Brave is aware its IOS users want a background play option and are looking to add it sometime in the future. However this has been asked for years now. Apparently there's a lot of push back from Apple/youtube to allow browsers and apps to perform background play.
This is why you should never own an iPhone. Apple sucks.

Fireman Sam

Sam is the hero next door
kiwifarms.net
This is why you should never own an iPhone. Apple sucks.
Imagine Youtube being able to cuck Apple into not allowing any apps on its platform to allow background play just because they desperately want people to use Youtube Redtube or whatever the fuck unfortunate name they decided to call it...
...Oh, turns out they actually called it Youtube Premium afterall. Honestly, who's going to pay for that when Brave exists?
Based Brave. Not so based Apple

a_lurker

kiwifarms.net
So I'm about 90% sure there's is a way to "launder" the bat grants.

Step 1: use brave, view ads, get bat grants

Step 2: make a youtube/twitter/github account

Step 3: sign up for brave creators rewards program and register aforementioned accounts (YouTube seems fastest, my github stuff seems to take forever to payout)

Step 4: tip all bat grants you received to your own youtube/twitter/github accounts

Step 5: wait for fucking ever for payouts (ad rewards come out around the 5th, brave creators usually the 8th)

Step 6: enjoy hodling/cash out/donate your laundered e-shekels

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
So I'm about 90% sure there's is a way to "launder" the bat grants.

Step 1: use brave, view ads, get bat grants

Step 2: make a youtube/twitter/github account

Step 3: sign up for brave creators rewards program and register aforementioned accounts (YouTube seems fastest, my github stuff seems to take forever to payout)

Step 4: tip all bat grants you received to your own youtube/twitter/github accounts

Step 5: wait for fucking ever for payouts (ad rewards come out around the 5th, brave creators usually the 8th)

Step 6: enjoy hodling/cash out/donate your laundered e-shekels
For ad grants, at least, there's no need to do this. Just sign up for Uphold, and the BAT you earn from viewing ads goes directly into your Uphold wallet, no "laundering" required. You can use Uphold to exchange your BAT for another currency and send it to an external wallet or bank account. Or just hoard it.

You'll be required to give Uphold your government-issued ID, because the US has pesky know-your-customer laws. You'd have to do that anyway as part of your step 3, though.

If you get a token grant that's set to expire if you don't tip it, then I suppose you could "launder" it by tipping it to yourself. Just realize that Brave Foundation keeps 5% of it if you tip it... if you sent yourself a 20 BAT tip, you'd only receive 19 BAT.

Elwood P. Dowd

Gone Daddy Gone
kiwifarms.net
Protip for Brave on mobile: there is a setting you can enable which allows you to play audio when the app is in the background or when the screen is off, essentially giving you Youtube pro or whatever the fuck it's called (all with NO ADS).
Settings --> Controls --> Background Video playback --> Enabled
A PSA for people as Boomer as I apparently am, since it only took me fifteen minutes to figure this out. :oops:

Dingo

kiwifarms.net
FireFox's usability has continuously declined over the years. I've tried replacing Chrome with FireFox before Brave was a thing and was just stunned by how slow and shitty it was. I also don't like the developer tools and I've had trouble getting site features working on Chrome working in FireFox. It's just a preference thing but it's mine.
Firefox for me is much slower than Chromium and Brave.
Test your browsers here and check the results.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Firefox for me is much slower than Chromium and Brave.
Test your browsers here and check the results.
Firefox has been one of the worst if not the worst browser for years by a number of objective measurements. My opinion is that they're more concerned with being woke than whether their browser is a complete piece of shit.

Box of Shame

kiwifarms.net
For all the dummies like me: Just want to say how easy it is to donate/tip BAT. I am dumb with technology, just a dumb boomer but finally started using Brave because it was so easy to use the Brave private window with TOR. I like the browser just fine so I use it all the time now, not just for TOR. The little ads are very low key, no big deal.

I let the BAT build up and then a couple of days ago got a message that said "claim your BAT." I clicked to claim my bat but stopped short of signing up for an Uphold wallet because I was wary about using my name/email etc. But you can still donate BAT without an Uphold wallet. Just claim your BAT when you get that message, then visit the site you want to donate to, then click on the little red triangle at the top of the page, and it will show your BAT balance and give you the option to send a tip out of your balance to that site.

I'll be tipping all my BAT to KF/MATI every month. It's not much, but it's money I never actually possessed or worked into my budget and I will never miss it. Hopefully if a bunch of KFers use Brave to earn and tip a little every month it will add up to a decent amount for Null.

Half the posts in this thread I have no idea what people are talking about, Magisk and fingerprints and modules and whatnot, so I was intimidated to try Brave/Bat, but it turns out it's really easy. If I can figure out how to claim and tip BAT, anyone can.

Bob's Fuckass Head

Don't worry I got a good deal on it!
kiwifarms.net
Half the posts in this thread I have no idea what people are talking about, Magisk and fingerprints and modules and whatnot, so I was intimidated to try Brave/Bat, but it turns out it's really easy. If I can figure out how to claim and tip BAT, anyone can.
Ditto on the easy factor. I had held off trying to donate any of my BAT, since the last word I had heard on the topic was a recommendation we hoard it while the site's eligibility for various sorts of BAT-related donations was unclear.

I'm trying to get my boomer ass in gear WRT understanding and managing crypto, but I don't see anything worth doing with my BAT except sending it to the Farms. Feeders have to eat too.

HomerSimpson

Bigger are better
kiwifarms.net
Before I had brave, I was fat, ugly, and no women would touch me. Now I have brave.

If anyone hasn't figured it out yet, you can go into the BAT wallet by clicking the triangle, going into settings, going into ad details, and increasing the amount of ads you can view to increase your earning speed of BAT.

Tags
None