A note on the continued usefulness of Brave -

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I was told by them that a selfie is sufficient ID. Hate to break it to you man, but it's not.
A selfie with a state ID that you also have to scan. That's standard procedure for most crypto sites these days. I think it's excessive since you also need to have that for the bank account you'd connect to it, except the bank would have required you to appear in person. So why even bother?

Reactions: Dork Of Ages

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
A selfie with a state ID that you also have to scan. That's standard procedure for most crypto sites these days. I think it's excessive since you also need to have that for the bank account you'd connect to it, except the bank would have required you to appear in person. So why even bother?
You don't need a bank account to withdraw crypto.

Faster Than Chris Robin

The Unofficial Official Gab Updates Guy
kiwifarms.net
I'll give it another go but before the adblock didnt work frequently enough for me to bother with it.
It's really only designed to block Youtube and some intrusive banner ads by default, but you can change the settings to make it block more stuff (at least on desktop, idk about phones. Mobile Brave is weirdly watered down and doesn't even have feature parody with modern mobile Chrome)

I understand that it helps the site but as a mobile browser it's just not as good as Firefox.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
Uphold still applies KYC to you for whatever goddamn reason.
Yes, because it's still functioning as a bank. Cryptocurrency is real money.

Your point of "well you had to do KYC to create the bank account you're transferring funds into so it's redundant for Uphold to also require it" isn't accurate when the account you're transferring funds to is just an Ethereum wallet address.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Yes, because it's still functioning as a bank. Cryptocurrency is real money.

Your point of "well you had to do KYC to create the bank account you're transferring funds into so it's redundant for Uphold to also require it" isn't accurate when the account you're transferring funds to is just an Ethereum wallet address.
With other exchanges if you're just exchanging crypto for crypto you don't have to provide shit. It's only if you want to interface with the actual banking system that you need to identify.

Begemot

I'm silently judging you....
kiwifarms.net
They obligated a legal requirement that was explained to me and which I found acceptable. If you do not wish to support the site you can continue using Palemoon, Startpage, and whatever obscure adblocker you want. If the majority of the site uses Brave I don't have to care what dangerhairs think.

I'm pulled from receiving their money, and only their money. Advertiser money I can receive.
Does it matter what advertising region one lives in as far as you are aware? Is there a difference between American and non-Americans using brave?

TwinkLover6969

Boys are for pleasure women are for babies
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1181469

Among other things.

As for politics firing Brendan Eich, although the browser itself has been deteriorating visibly since its peak in 2008 or so. It's bloated as hell and slow and clunky, at least for what I usually do (lots and lots of tabs), and doesn't have dominance in plugins and extensions either. Chromium beats the shit out of it in every way and even garbage like Microsoft Edge has overtaken it.
Edge is Chromium based now.

Safir

ノークレーム・ノーリターン
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How do I disable URL bar suggestions? I mean the garbage websites like facebook, msn and gap, not the ones from history and bookmarks.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Edge is Chromium based now.
So far as I know every major browser that isn't Firefox is. Even Opera. I suppose there's Safari but who uses that anywhere but on a Mac? Why would you? It's not very good. You could do autistic shit like Pale Moon but it isn't exactly a major browser.

Safir

ノークレーム・ノーリターン
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does 4chanX work on brave yet?
Hasn't it always?

(The standalone Chrome extension doesn't work on Brave, but the only additional thing it appears to offer over the userscript is google sync.)

Agent of Z.O.G.

kiwifarms.net
Hasn't it always?

(The standalone Chrome extension doesn't work on Brave, but the only additional thing it appears to offer over the userscript is google sync.)
I remember I couldn't use the legacy captcha feature, guess I'll try it again, maybe the feature doesn't work on the other browser so it's a moot point.

fuzakeru na

ふざけるな
kiwifarms.net
Brave is nothing more than a chromium fork, adds absolutely nothing to the table except no need to install ublock origin. The reason everyone shills it? because they pay comission for each install

Tags
None