A note on the continued usefulness of Brave -

Shroom King

kiwifarms.net
I started Brave today and on the main screen there was some menu for a program called Binance. You can turn it off on the preferences tab, but I never asked for this. Is Brave becoming like every other browser and adding a bunch of shit you don't need because there is some unwritten international law that you can't have a browser that is not actively ruining your browsing experience?

The below article is not very promising. Bloatware incoming?

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
I started Brave today and on the main screen there was some menu for a program called Binance. You can turn it off on the preferences tab, but I never asked for this. Is Brave becoming like every other browser and adding a bunch of shit you don't need because there is some unwritten international law that you can't have a browser that is not actively ruining your browsing experience?

The below article is not very promising. Bloatware incoming?

If rewards are enabled, the new tab page will sometimes display an ad. You do get rewards for those.

Usually it's just a themed background image and an ad in the corner where it would normally display the photographer credit.

Reactions: Dork Of Ages

Box of Shame

kiwifarms.net
On another note, apparently there's a glitch with claiming earned rewards this month. Brave gave me the message to claim, but when I tried to go through the process, it wouldn't finish the task. At least my reward is still there, though. Some people's rewards have disappeared. I found a post about it saying they are working on it.

Sorry your bucks haven't arrived yet, Null.

• Informative
Reactions: Dork Of Ages

MakeItRain

taste the waste
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It didn't work for me.
I'm having this issue and looked into it. if you're on mobile it's supposed to be fixed soon.

An update regarding verification status on mobile devices.

We are currently rolling out some major upgrades to the verified publishers and creators list that mobile devices use to check whether a site is verified. As part of this maintenance, we have temporarily disabled the verified creators and publishers list for mobile devices.

What you may see: Some users on mobile may notice that no websites or channels are appearing as verified, or that newer sites are not being detected as verified when they should be.

Once these upgrades are complete, verification status detection on mobile will return to normal.

We thank you for your patience as we work to improve the Mobile Rewards experience, and we will keep you updated on our progress.

Thank you,
The Brave Rewards Team
source

Tags
None