A Peer Reviewed Critique of Blanchard's Flawed Theory of Autogynephilia -

Miss Tommie Jayne Wasserberg

Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net

It should be noted that this article is from 2010, prior to the removal of Gender Identity Disorder from the chapter on psychosexual disorders and renaming it Gender Dysphoria in a different section. The second article by Julia Serano is from 2020 and completely shreds the theory. I have not read either one in it's entirety yet. Try to keep the discussion reasonably intelligent. Insults will simply be ignored.

Over the last 20 years, Ray Blanchard, Ph.D., with a variety of coauthors and collaborators, has proposed a theory that links the sexual orientation of male-to-female transsexuals with the presence or absence of autogynephilia (erotic arousal by the thought or image of “himself” as a woman). Blanchard's Autogynephilia Theory suggests that the association between sexual orientation and autogynephilia among male-to-female transsexuals is clinically important and the association is always (or almost always) present. Although the theory has been criticized by clinicians, researchers, and transsexuals themselves, it has not been critiqued in a peer-reviewed article previously. This article will attempt to fill that gap. Key studies on which the theory is based will be analyzed and alternative interpretations of the data presented. I conclude that although autogynephilia exists, the theory is flawed.

As a scientist who has written extensively about the field of transgender health, I am always astounded by how often Ray Blanchard’s autogynephilia theory is cited or invoked, given that it has been so resoundingly refuted in the research literature. In this essay, I will attempt to explain why so many people still find the theory compelling, despite its lack of scientific validity. Hopefully, this will be a helpful “explainer” for lay readers who don’t necessarily want to get too “into the weeds” regarding this thirty-year-old sexology theory, but want a general sense of what all the fuss is about.

This essay is divided into three sections: 1) The theory (and the evidence against it) in a nutshell, 2) Trans women’s objections to the theory (on top of it being incorrect), and 3) So who still believes autogynephilia theory, and what are their rationales? A companion essay entitled Autogynephilia, ad hoc hypotheses, and handwaving is in the works (edit 4–5–20: it’s now been published, click the link to read it!); unlike this piece, that one will delve into some of the more esoteric arguments and claims made by those who still adhere to the theory.

MediocreMilt

JUST
kiwifarms.net
I'd like to see at least a B.Sc. in a science field from you before you start slinging around words like "I," "am," "a," and "scientist."

What experiments have you participated in, aside from the ones that left you horribly deformed?
Tommie is a sophisticated superior spectacular scientist you illiterate inferior idiotic imbecile!

NAMASTE, MOTHERFUCKER!

Mariposa Electrique

In 2021, Shit will hit the fan 4 Chris
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, I find it difficult to believe that an attractive, Intersex, indigenous goddess like Tom would be so obsessed with autogynephelia and troon kids. Hmmm, maybe it's because Tom is an autogynephelic pervert who smells like the inside of a filthy jock strap that hasn't been changed in a year and looks like the crypt keeper?

Having a doctorate, I can confidently say Tom is utterly full of shit and smells like it too. The only science Tom has ever observed is picking his nose and eating it.

Dee Price

ugly tranny, david_price@bellsouth.net
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net

It should be noted that this article is from 2010, prior to the removal of Gender Identity Disorder from the chapter on psychosexual disorders and renaming it Gender Dysphoria in a different section. The second article by Julia Serano is from 2020 and completely shreds the theory. I have not read either one in it's entirety yet. Try to keep the discussion reasonably intelligent. Insults will simply be ignored.

Over the last 20 years, Ray Blanchard, Ph.D., with a variety of coauthors and collaborators, has proposed a theory that links the sexual orientation of male-to-female transsexuals with the presence or absence of autogynephilia (erotic arousal by the thought or image of “himself” as a woman). Blanchard's Autogynephilia Theory suggests that the association between sexual orientation and autogynephilia among male-to-female transsexuals is clinically important and the association is always (or almost always) present. Although the theory has been criticized by clinicians, researchers, and transsexuals themselves, it has not been critiqued in a peer-reviewed article previously. This article will attempt to fill that gap. Key studies on which the theory is based will be analyzed and alternative interpretations of the data presented. I conclude that although autogynephilia exists, the theory is flawed.

As a scientist who has written extensively about the field of transgender health, I am always astounded by how often Ray Blanchard’s autogynephilia theory is cited or invoked, given that it has been so resoundingly refuted in the research literature. In this essay, I will attempt to explain why so many people still find the theory compelling, despite its lack of scientific validity. Hopefully, this will be a helpful “explainer” for lay readers who don’t necessarily want to get too “into the weeds” regarding this thirty-year-old sexology theory, but want a general sense of what all the fuss is about.

This essay is divided into three sections: 1) The theory (and the evidence against it) in a nutshell, 2) Trans women’s objections to the theory (on top of it being incorrect), and 3) So who still believes autogynephilia theory, and what are their rationales? A companion essay entitled Autogynephilia, ad hoc hypotheses, and handwaving is in the works (edit 4–5–20: it’s now been published, click the link to read it!); unlike this piece, that one will delve into some of the more esoteric arguments and claims made by those who still adhere to the theory.
Look you fat jackass pervert. I have told you many many times you have to use only links from the NLM.NIH.GOV That is the national medical reference library. To get in it the paper has to be peer reivewed. NONE of this blabber is.

Now listen closely old man dog fingers. Do you remember the first time u labeled you that dog fingers. In the end it ended up being a game studio.

You are such a joke. Why wont you fuck off and play in heavy hwy traffic until a greyhound bus hits you. That way it is like a JUST ENDING. a bus named after a dog would have killed you.

Okay but wheres the funny?
You need audio video for that. and you are so thankful they have not yet made smellovision.
But that would be the blank stares of stupidity the sounds of non stop farts and sharts

Which is why anyone would be thankful that they have never added a smell feature to TV.

Big Rusiki

1-800 I'm on that ass
kiwifarms.net
Tommy is an ugly troon
that no one understands
His Mom and Dad are dead and Kiwi always giving him commands.
Kiwi: Your gay!
The doom and coom
Up in his room
Is broken instantly
By his magic little gay fish
Who grant his every wish
'Cause in reality

Hes our odd Tooter
Fairly old loser

Crystal and twigs
nasty smelly wigs

Odd Tooter
Fairly old loser

gay boys, rubber boys, green boys, guava boys
Giant boys, birthday boys, large boys, chocolate boys

Odd Tooter
Fairly old loser

Please parents don't leave your kids around fairly odd hippies

Last edited:

GrinningCat

Just some asshole cat
kiwifarms.net
Imagine spouting bullshit and invoking the dunning-krueger effect constantly, only to turn around and be a prime example of it.

You are not a scientist. You are the crypt-keeper's old man retarded pedophile demented cousin no one in the family talks about due to shame.

Dee Price

ugly tranny, david_price@bellsouth.net
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
Just because you found a degree in a dumpster doesn't mean your a scientist.
No his dad bought it from a dumpster of a college that was failing and willingly took payment to insure tom got a degree regardless if he failed or not. ( HE FAILED )

first day of class All right students you will note a box of poppers and a wrist rocket. Now this is for correcting the retard.

Tom chimes in i don't got one teacher responds YOU DO NOT GET ONE RETARD!!!! Now Thomas wear this pointy hat and sit in the corner in front of the class.

this is fun as fucking a dog but you got to be careful not to get dog prego's suddenly Thomas get pelted with exploding wads of papwe.