A Peer Reviewed Critique of Blanchard's Flawed Theory of Autogynephilia -

Mariposa Electrique

In 2021, Shit will hit the fan 4 Chris
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tommy is an ugly troon
that no one understands
His Mom and Dad are dead and Kiwi always giving him commands.
Kiwi: Your gay!
The doom and coom
Up in his room
Is broken instantly
By his magic little gay fish
Who grant his every wish
'Cause in reality

Hes our odd Tooter
Fairly old loser

Crystal and twigs
nasty smelly wigs

Odd Tooter
Fairly old loser

gay boys, rubber boys, green boys, guava boys
Giant boys, birthday boys, large boys, chocolate boys

Odd Tooter
Fairly old loser

Please parents don't leave your kids around fairly odd hippies
I can see Nickelodeon loving this pilot. Naturally, I'll play the role of Vicky.

Cranky Hermit

kiwifarms.net
I enjoy scrolling down to the replies knowing no one else read the word salad and went straight to calling Tom a piece of shit. Now all we need is an IRL spergfight between him and Dee.
I can predict how that would go: Tom, when confronted by any kind of danger will play possum. By that I mean faint, fall over and loudly shart himself until any would be threats leave in disgust.

Tragi-Chan

A thousand years old
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I enjoy scrolling down to the replies knowing no one else read the word salad and went straight to calling Tom a piece of shit. Now all we need is an IRL spergfight between him and Dee.
The pattern of every thread is that Tom posts something, people ignore it and call him a pedo dogfucker, Tom rages and violently shits himself, people laugh at him some more and continue to call him a pedo dogfucker, Tom fails to see that he’s being baited.

Lovecraft's Cat

Say My Name
kiwifarms.net

It should be noted that this article is from 2010, prior to the removal of Gender Identity Disorder from the chapter on psychosexual disorders and renaming it Gender Dysphoria in a different section. The second article by Julia Serano is from 2020 and completely shreds the theory. I have not read either one in it's entirety yet. Try to keep the discussion reasonably intelligent. Insults will simply be ignored.

Over the last 20 years, Ray Blanchard, Ph.D., with a variety of coauthors and collaborators, has proposed a theory that links the sexual orientation of male-to-female transsexuals with the presence or absence of autogynephilia (erotic arousal by the thought or image of “himself” as a woman). Blanchard's Autogynephilia Theory suggests that the association between sexual orientation and autogynephilia among male-to-female transsexuals is clinically important and the association is always (or almost always) present. Although the theory has been criticized by clinicians, researchers, and transsexuals themselves, it has not been critiqued in a peer-reviewed article previously. This article will attempt to fill that gap. Key studies on which the theory is based will be analyzed and alternative interpretations of the data presented. I conclude that although autogynephilia exists, the theory is flawed.

As a scientist who has written extensively about the field of transgender health, I am always astounded by how often Ray Blanchard’s autogynephilia theory is cited or invoked, given that it has been so resoundingly refuted in the research literature. In this essay, I will attempt to explain why so many people still find the theory compelling, despite its lack of scientific validity. Hopefully, this will be a helpful “explainer” for lay readers who don’t necessarily want to get too “into the weeds” regarding this thirty-year-old sexology theory, but want a general sense of what all the fuss is about.

This essay is divided into three sections: 1) The theory (and the evidence against it) in a nutshell, 2) Trans women’s objections to the theory (on top of it being incorrect), and 3) So who still believes autogynephilia theory, and what are their rationales? A companion essay entitled Autogynephilia, ad hoc hypotheses, and handwaving is in the works (edit 4–5–20: it’s now been published, click the link to read it!); unlike this piece, that one will delve into some of the more esoteric arguments and claims made by those who still adhere to the theory.
Mr. Wasserberg, the second article was written by a trans person. This is a clear conflict of interest, making it an unreliable source. Also, I would like to quote a line from the abstract of the article:
I will also demonstrate how autogynephilia theory relies on essentialist, heteronormative, and male-centric presumptions about women and LGBTQ+ people, and as such, it is inconsistent with basic tenets of feminism.
The last bit of the quote is important, as it indicates that the article has little to do with anything else other than feminist thought.

Cranky Hermit

kiwifarms.net
The pattern of every thread is that Tom posts something, people ignore it and call him a pedo dogfucker, Tom rages and violently shits himself, people laugh at him some more and continue to call him a pedo dogfucker, Tom fails to see that he’s being baited.
One day, though, he'll prove us all wrong and show that he was playing 5D underwater Backgammon while we were playing checkers. We only ASSUMED that he was verbally sharting himself in a desperate bid for attention and that will ultimately be our downfall.

Lovecraft's Cat

Say My Name
kiwifarms.net
Tom, clearly you've never looked at Kevin Gibes thread to realize AGP is a very real and very dangerous disease.
Some retard summoned him to the Tranch thread the other day tho. Close enough, I guess.
tommy tran ranch.PNG

Miss Tommie Jayne Wasserberg

Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
Mr. Wasserberg, the second article was written by a trans person. This is a clear conflict of interest, making it an unreliable source. Also, I would like to quote a line from the abstract of the article:

The last bit of the quote is important, as it indicates that the article has little to do with anything else other than feminist thought.
That's Ms. Wasserberg and your argument is an irrational ad hominem one.

As for the rest of you mean, stupid angry transphobic talking turds, you have all been ignored and there will be no showdown between me and mr. price anywhere anytime until such time as somebody serves his insane self with a subpoena.
Peer reviewed on Medium.com? Even Terra Jones had a blog there.
the peer reviewed article was the first link. I do believe Julia Serano is about as qualified to speak on this as any of you irrationally dismissing her because she's trans and obviously conflicted. Notice in the first article that BAT takes heat from everywhere, not just trans people.

Serano earned her PhD in biochemistry and molecular biophysics from Columbia University. She researched genetics and developmental and evolutionary biology at the University of California, Berkeley for seventeen years.

Lovecraft's Cat

Say My Name
kiwifarms.net
That's Ms. Wasserberg and your argument is an irrational ad hominem one.

As for the rest of you mean, stupid angry transphobic talking turds, you have all been ignored and there will be no showdown between me and mr. price anywhere anytime until such time as somebody serves his insane self with a subpoena.

the peer reviewed article was the first link. I do believe Julia Serano is about as qualified to speak on this as any of you irrationally dismissing her because she's trans and obviously conflicted. Notice in the first article that BAT takes heat from everywhere, not just trans people.
How is my argument irrational?

Miss Tommie Jayne Wasserberg

Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
How is my argument irrational?
" the second article was written by a trans person. This is a clear conflict of interest, making it an unreliable source "

you need to rebut her premises, not dismiss her because of perceived bias. The woman is a PhD biologist. What are your qualifications other than your obvious transphobia and allegiance to dubious pseudoscience?

Lovecraft's Cat

Say My Name
kiwifarms.net
" the second article was written by a trans person. This is a clear conflict of interest, making it an unreliable source "

you need to rebut her premises, not dismiss her because of perceived bias. The woman is a PhD biologist. What are your qualifications other than your obvious transphobia and allegiance to dubious pseudoscience?
You can't cite a clearly biased article as fact. I would think that everyone learns that shit in high school.

The entire premise of Serano's argument (if taken at face value) is that that the AGP theory is false because trans people, their doctors, and their academic allies all say so. However, this is by no means a compelling argument against the existence of AGP and it's role in transgenderism. All of these people are biased in favor of the transgender side of the argument, and thus will always say what they said. This renders the argument invalid.

In a discussion like this, people don't need credentials as they are voicing their opinions. Opinions aren't meant to be taken as fact, yet they can be criticized based on how logical they are. I was criticizing your argument by noting that the "reliable source" you cited wasn't reliable at all. It is also important to note that experts can get things wrong. Just because Serano had a PhD doesn't mean that what he said was true.

TL;DR: Check your sources for bias next time