A Song Of Ice And Fire -

Transvaalan

HMMMMMMMMMMMM
kiwifarms.net
I have an account on the forums.

I also stopped giving a shit about the books when I read the part where it became a feature film for Villainy Sueness. The part where Varys kills the Old Whoremongering Maester, teleports behind Kevan Lannister, explains its nothing personal, murders him because he might actually fix shit.

Fuck you old fat man. I actually tracked down and bought all 4 of the Draka Novels by S&M Stirling, and they were all better entertainment than your shit ever was or will be. And I still never reread them even once. I fucked up and tried to donate to a Library. I miss those books. I will never miss ASOIAF. Fuck that shit. It pissed all over a good story just because mih villain sues, muh shitastic poor writing. I make this comparison because the very point of the Draka novels were "And The Bad Guy Wins". But it was blatant, and good quality. And had some nasty bits.

I might reread Harry Potter another time, and reread some of my favorite fanfiction of it. But ASOIAF, to me, is pure fodder for fanfic. The main books themselves remain shit.

The valyrian extinction was an inside job. Volcanoes can't melt stone buildings.
The backstory to the books is actually nice.

And those motherfuckers exploded, Tambora style, so hard it made an peninsula the size of Spain turn into something like Greece or Hawaii. Fuck melting, how there were reports of falling Valyrian Fortress Works globally is beyond me.

fireatdawn

kiwifarms.net
I'm glad someone made this thread because I have a metric fuck ton of asoiaf/got related sperging.

I really, really hope George doesn't bite it before we can get as much information as possible on Valyria, its Doom, the Shadow Lands, and Asshai. Those are some of the most interesting regions to me, just because of how weird and magical they are. Especially Asshai and Stygai, a place so fucked not even the most fucked up from Asshai want to visit. Also, there are actual dragons and demons that apparently live there.

What even is the great shadow? Maybe everything is so fucked there because the ash from the Doom fell disproportionally that way.

Pikimon

Exceptionally Overachieving Mexican
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm glad someone made this thread because I have a metric fuck ton of asoiaf/got related sperging.

I really, really hope George doesn't bite it before we can get as much information as possible on Valyria, its Doom, the Shadow Lands, and Asshai. Those are some of the most interesting regions to me, just because of how weird and magical they are. Especially Asshai and Stygai, a place so fucked not even the most fucked up from Asshai want to visit. Also, there are actual dragons and demons that apparently live there.

What even is the great shadow? Maybe everything is so fucked there because the ash from the Doom fell disproportionally that way.
"The Shadow" might be a literal shadow from a really tall mountain :P

Transvaalan

HMMMMMMMMMMMM
kiwifarms.net

Meh, Im not to concerned about grrm writing about that stuff. Someone else can do it.

And the rest of the mystery is whatever. Of note, is that there is no indication Asshai and its lands were not already fucked up during the reign of the Freehold. We also dont have a proper map about the lands beyond Asshai, we have descriptions of basically a mountain chain cutting Essos in half in that area, with a massive Oriental like empire and some mongol lites on the other side or something. And near Asshai is that ghost grass stuff.

What I really want to know, is why the fuck is Asshai so fucking massive. It is said to be able to swallow all the Free Cities, Old Town and Kings Landing whole, while being barely inhabited. Each one of those has over a million inhabitants, some have more. And yet Asshai's description would have it make New York City look small.

Pikimon

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To be fair a lot of the cities in the ASOIAF would be medieval city sized which isn't very large by our standards. Asshai is likely the size of Boston which is HUEG to people there.

• Agree
Reactions: DirkBloodStormKing

fireatdawn

kiwifarms.net
I don't like what D&D did to Dorne. They made them basically straight up middle eastern, when they were supposed to be a blend of Essos and Westeros. It's why you have vassal names like Yronwood, and why Dorne has similar customs to the rest of Westeros. They're just generally tanner, more sexually open, and equal.

Also, inb4 someone tries to call me racist, I don't give a shit they're tan. I'm glad the show stuck to that. I just hate the way their culture is portrayed. It's so half-assed, and simplistic

Broseph Stalin

Smoke a Fed for St. Herkster
kiwifarms.net
I don't like what D&D did to Dorne. They made them basically straight up middle eastern, when they were supposed to be a blend of Essos and Westeros. It's why you have vassal names like Yronwood, and why Dorne has similar customs to the rest of Westeros. They're just generally tanner, more sexually open, and equal.

Also, inb4 someone tries to call me racist, I don't give a shit they're tan. I'm glad the show stuck to that. I just hate the way their culture is portrayed. It's so half-assed, and simplistic
I remember reading somewhere that D&D stated they weren't going to let the fan feedback affect the way they proceed with the Dorne storyline, but given Season 6's clusterfuck you can tell they realized they fucked up royal and tried to salvage what they could from it. I mean shit, the closest they came to actually making up for that godawful "bad pussy" quote was having Euron go HAM in Season 7.

So in the books, did Theon lose his dick or was he just circumcised? I'm asking for a friend.
There's been some debate about it but depending on who you ask it's either castration, a sloppy circumcision, or CBT that resulted in impotency.

beansntoast

kiwifarms.net
it's been a while since I read the books (just checked when a dance with dragons came out fuck 6 years?) so I don't remember that much, but I do remember how distracting I found it that the main characters were so extremely young, because I thought GRRM tried to be relatively realistic as far as politics and society went, and I thought child kings/queens in the real world usually had regents because no sane adult would follow a 12 year old into war and assume they know shit about tactics or how to reign a kingdom in general.

so I appreciate it that they aged them up a bit in the show, seeing milk faces like Robb being hailed as a king and warlord and John as a commander of the nights watch was still kinda weird even in the show. or like anyone taking the Mormont girl seriously.

but yeah I plan on reading the new book when/if it comes out bc overall I liked them as far as I remember.

fireatdawn

kiwifarms.net
I'm really thinking Bran changing events in the past is going to play a part in the ending tbh. They say the ink is dry, but we've gotten too many hints it's exactly the opposite for that to be the case. I'm just curious what he'll change, and how it'll be a satisfying ending according to D&D. Maybe he goes back and makes sure the walkers are never created.

女鬼

人就是鬼、鬼就是人。
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm really thinking Bran changing events in the past is going to play a part in the ending tbh. They say the ink is dry, but we've gotten too many hints it's exactly the opposite for that to be the case. I'm just curious what he'll change, and how it'll be a satisfying ending according to D&D. Maybe he goes back and makes sure the walkers are never created.
I'm really not fond of time travel as an explanation. Most of the time it's an easy way out and/or leads to major inconsistencies.
I really hope Martin chooses a different way in the book.

Pikimon

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Dorne is supposed to be like Moorish Spain, which is what Dorne looks like in the TV show.

• Agree
Reactions: DirkBloodStormKing
M

MW 002

kiwifarms.net
There's been some debate about it but depending on who you ask it's either castration, a sloppy circumcision, or CBT that resulted in impotency.
I just finished reading an entire thread about what happened to Theon's dick. In same said topic, they also argued about whether or not a dick revival ceremony is possible in the world of ASOFAI

The fandom is weird sometimes

Tags
None