A Song Of Ice And Fire -

Elwood P. Dowd

Gone Daddy Gone
kiwifarms.net
Meh, Im not to concerned about grrm writing about that stuff. Someone else can do it.
Nope. He's already left instructions to his executors to never allow another author to finish the series. He croaks, that's it. At least inside canon.

George R. R. Martin Says He Will Never Bequeath Game of Thrones to Another Author

Yeah, he kind of waffles a bit in there, but it would be a while from his death until someone came along and picked up the pieces, at least. I'm not even sure that that is a bad thing.

Brandon Sanderson apparently did a good job picking up for Robert Jordan in the Wheel of Time books. Never came close to finishing those books so I can't personally say. Too much braid pulling and too many well turned calves. FWIW, Sanderson has gone on record saying he would have no interest in picking up ASOIAF in any event.

Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson have done nothing but shit out abomination after abomination re: the Dune books. (Who the fuck is buying these things?) Read about 12 pages of one of these books. Felt like puking.

Foltest

King of Termia and protector of Kfarms
kiwifarms.net
Brandon Sanderson did an excellent job with the wheel of time. When Jordan died, the series had gone downhill and was becoming a chore to read. Robert final book that he himself wrote, was miles better than his second to last, but still not as good as the first books in the series. Bradon managed to salvage the series and turn out a good conclusion to a series that had been going on for over 20 years.
I can't imainge who is going to take over after GRRM has kicked the bucket? I know that I don't want Kevin. J Anderson near it.

Transvaalan

HMMMMMMMMMMMM
kiwifarms.net
Yeah but wasn't Robert Jordan working with Brandon because he knew he was about to die?

As far as GRRM goes, the lawyers may very well eat that will for breakfast and then have Karen Traviss wrap it up. And you know what? She would probably do alright.

Foltest

King of Termia and protector of Kfarms
kiwifarms.net
Yeah but wasn't Robert Jordan working with Brandon because he knew he was about to die?

As far as GRRM goes, the lawyers may very well eat that will for breakfast and then have Karen Traviss wrap it up. And you know what? She would probably do alright.
You are correct. Jordan knew he was going to die, and he wanted Sanderson to finish his work.

Pikimon

Exceptionally Overachieving Mexican
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east.

When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

When GRRM quickens again, and writes another book.

Then you will have The Winds of Winter, and not before

Lensherr

kiwifarms.net
I read the first book in high school when I was 15 or 16, and it single-handedly reignited my love for fantasy. I was really drawn in by Martin's characters, who felt more like real people than most fantasy characters, as well as the interesting lore and world-building that helped it feel even more believable. I'm generally a fairly slow reader, but A Storm of Swords was so good that I read it all within the span of a week.

At this point, I've resigned myself to the notion that we'll never get The Winds of Winter or A Dream of Spring so that in case we do, I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I grow more and more impatient with Martin every day.

Lackadaisy

ZA FOOL
kiwifarms.net
If it's true that R+L=J is confirmed for the novels, would Jon, being the (possibly legitimate) son of Ned's sister, technically still be in line for the North? I've seen it argued that he would but he'd be behind both Arya and Sansa (and any children they'd have), but I've also seen it argued that he wouldn't because he has a larger claim through his father.

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
If it's true that R+L=J is confirmed for the novels, would Jon, being the (possibly legitimate) son of Ned's sister, technically still be in line for the North? I've seen it argued that he would but he'd be behind both Arya and Sansa (and any children they'd have), but I've also seen it argued that he wouldn't because he has a larger claim through his father.
Bran is lawful heir to Winterfell, even before Arya and Sansa. After him is Rickon.

Even if all that Jon stuff is true I don't think it'll matter. As far as I know he'll only ever become Lord of Winterfell if whoever everyone else accepts as king turns him into Jon Stark.

Mister Dodo

It doesn’t get much gayer than this
kiwifarms.net
A son comes before an uncle by all the laws I know… A daughter comes before an uncle too. If her brother is dead, Karhold belongs to Lady Alys. And she has given her hand in marriage to Sigorn, Magnar of Thenn.” (JON X)
It wouldn't matter anyway, Jon's place in any line of succession doesn't truly matter. Succession is always a prickly topic, especially on the westeros.org forums.

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net

For those of you who may be concerned for me personally… yes, I am aware that I am very much in the most vulnerable population, given my age and physical condition. But I feel fine at the moment, and we are taking all sensible precautions. I am off by myself in a remote isolated location, attended by one of my staff, and I’m not going in to town or seeing anyone. Truth be told, I am spending more time in Westeros than in the real world, writing every day. Things are pretty grim in the Seven Kingdoms… but maybe not as grim as they may become here.

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Did anyone else who read the books think that Daenarys losing it and torching innocents is logical? Her history is pretty much constant failure with justifications for acts which hurt far more than they help. Add to it her pride and she'll eventually snap.

• Agree
Reactions: Francis E. Dec Esc.

buying gf

fite me 1v1 wildy
kiwifarms.net
Did anyone else who read the books think that Daenarys losing it and torching innocents is logical? Her history is pretty much constant failure with justifications for acts which hurt far more than they help. Add to it her pride and she'll eventually snap.
Absolutely. I think it'd either be in Meereen due to general frustrations and aforementioned pride, or when she returns to Westeros and finds Aegon (possibly already on the throne) stealing her thunder. Although it wouldn't be a "lmao i won, but fuck it lets burn shit" as it was in the show.

Dany's eventual return cannot be framed as a good thing; the idea that an exiled royal returning to reclaim their 'rightful' crown using the equivalent of nukes and everything mostly working out in the end goes completely against pretty much everything George has written about.

Shield Breaker

^_^
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Absolutely. I think it'd either be in Meereen due to general frustrations and aforementioned pride, or when she returns to Westeros and finds Aegon (possibly already on the throne) stealing her thunder. Although it wouldn't be a "lmao i won, but fuck it lets burn shit" as it was in the show.

Dany's eventual return cannot be framed as a good thing; the idea that an exiled royal returning to reclaim their 'rightful' crown using the equivalent of nukes and everything mostly working out in the end goes completely against pretty much everything George has written about.
It would fit the history he's taking it from though, as Dany is roughly equal to Henry VII in his War of the Roses / Walking Dead mash-up.

Tags
None